Class of 2019 - PF Akok Akok (CT) to UConn | Page 56 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF Akok Akok (CT) to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is true, and every single day all of us "diehard" 'Cuse fans should thank our lucky stars. Whatever anyone may want to believe, we could've easily just have been them, on the outside looking in. Our football program has been abysmal for nearly 2 decades, we have one national championship. Prior to the "gift of a lifetime" invite to the ACC, UConn's football program was getting better exposure than us. And, no matter how much "fun" it is to boast in other's misery, the fact remains, they have 4 national championships to our 1. That is an extensive difference. Now, I guess I may be getting a similar response from some how I'm on the wrong board as well. :rolleyes:
people can hang their laurels on whatever fact they would like. A Bankrupt millionaire is just a former millionaire.

6th year competing. The invite was accepted in 2011. Time to move on big guy. It's ok... it was scary, but we won.

I'm just attempting to have an objective debate/discussion. That's fine, I can move on, without the snide "big guy" remark, which speaks for itself. I hope it makes you feel better or "big" for that matter.

I'm just attempting to have an objective debate/discussion. That's fine, I can move on, without the snide "big guy" remark, which speaks for itself. I hope it makes you feel better or "big" for that matter.
"Big guy" is now an insult? Lol... yeah ok I think we're done here.
2e17391a56a8c0441686b577da3678c9.500x376x35.gif

Just for the record, We did not use the Netjet share last night, my mistake, we have hours with another firm for short flights to and from small landing strip FBOs (airports), great company WheelsUp, Dino and JB each have hours for recruiting, we were behind other programs here until approx 4 years ago. Calipari, K, Self, Alford, Roy, LSU, Alabama, Michigan, OSU, etc all have had for many years, I would think all of the top programs in SE, Acc, Big 10 etc have it, small conference schools cannot afford nor cannot use Booster planes, has to be university plane / contract.

I'm guessing you're a pretty young kid and you aren't accustomed to seeing programs rise and fall. Houston, DePaul, UNLV etc... all had their runs and faded away. Just like UConn. We have been the better program for many decades but... here is the important part... we have the building blocks in place to remain relevant. They do not. You seem to have all your eggs in one very narrow basket as far as judging programs. And not one that means anything towards how programs will fare in the future.
That's fair. But as you have seen, you can be a good program and still fade in the ACC (Pitt). We have had all of our success with one coach like UConn did. No guarantee that it continues have JB leaves. That is my point.

That's fair. But as you have seen, you can be a good program and still fade in the ACC (Pitt). We have had all of our success with one coach like UConn did. No guarantee that it continues have JB leaves. That is my point.
Pitt made a bad hire. They aren't dead in the water. We will see what happens there.
The ACC is a coaches final destination.

The AAC is and will forever be a stepping stone to something better.

Pitt made a bad hire. They aren't dead in the water. We will see what happens there.
The ACC is a coaches final destination.

The AAC is and will forever be a stepping stone to something better.
Yet Hurley turned down Pitt, the ACC and more $$$ to go to UConn.

Didn’t we go to our first Final Four a couple years before JB became head coach?

I’m sure coming from Siena that you sympathize with other mid majors, but this is a Syracuse board.

I hope AA makes the best decision for him. Some kids don’t want to play for 30,000 in the Dome. Some would rather go to a school like UConn where you’re the 2nd most popular basketball team on your campus.

I think what you're missing is the eb and flow of individual seasons may change, but the long term positions of those teams remains unchanged. Pitt, coming off a trainwreck season, is a good season away from being a force again, because of their conference and financial position. Uconn fades from the minds of recruits and the nation the moment they stop winning... and they have.

We won 70% of our games before JB was our coach. He just took us to another level.

So... any info on the visit? How long is he staying? He initially said his pitt visit would be the 23rd, the release last night said it would be next weekend. Anyone know which is right?

Didn’t we go to our first Final Four a couple years before JB became head coach?

I’m sure coming from Siena that you sympathize with other mid majors, but this is a Syracuse board.

I hope AA makes the best decision for him. Some kids don’t want to play for 30,000 in the Dome. Some would rather go to a school like UConn where you’re the 2nd most popular basketball team on your campus.

Our first final 4 in 1975, JB was the assistant coach.

This will be our 50th consecutive year without a losing season. FIFTY.

UConn’s streak is 0 (-2).
The record is 54 consecutive winning seasons, which is held by UCLA. If JB stays until the end of Buddy's career and Buddy doesn't redshirt, the new HC will break the record during their first season coaching.

Brutally honest. Good job!

Status
Not open for further replies.