Class of 2020 - PF Alex Tchikou (France/Brewster) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 PF Alex Tchikou (France/Brewster)

if he keeps developing, is this the kind of guy that skips college and goes straight to the G League or pro league in Europe?

Despite him moving from Brewster to Zona, we'll be able to keep tabs on him. He is still at Dream City Christian.. same school as Arthur Kaluma and now Ramel Lloyd Jr.

if he keeps developing, is this the kind of guy that skips college and goes straight to the G League or pro league in Europe?
I always wonder about international kids. They dream of going to the NBA. I don't imagine they care too much about college basketball. Some dream of the education, but when they talk about the goal being the NBA, and with the way the landscape is right now, I don't imagine kids like this will spend any time in college.

I always wonder about international kids. They dream of going to the NBA. I don't imagine they care too much about college basketball. Some dream of the education, but when they talk about the goal being the NBA, and with the way the landscape is right now, I don't imagine kids like this will spend any time in college.
Imagine if all of the pros in waiting went right to the pros, and all that was left in college athletics were people pursing education.

So how many jobs are there available in the G league? 10-20? Each year maybe less because not all the players move up from the G league to the NBA or not as many put their hands up and quit to do something else. So if you don’t all qualify for the G League or NBA then your options are to go overseas and play or go to college. What I am saying is that the impact to college will probably be about 10-20 less approximately high school players going into college each year.

There are over 750 transfers this year. There are still plenty of players available to play in college after the few decide to go to the G League. Plus not all the players that go to the G League may survive more than one year there. I do not believe that the G League model will serve as a cost effective model for the team owners unless they end getting paid for these high school players who use the G League as a stepping stone into the NBA.

Those high school players to go to college may last longer in college provided that they see the benefits for college. If there is pay to play in college and these players can leave at any time (transfer, go to G League, overseas or NBA) then should the college model change to the point where paying players mean that players pay for their own tuition and associated expenses.

20200425_092211.jpg

To answer the question.. Alex 'should' go to Syracuse.

I seriously doubt this kid players college ball at all....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom