Class of 2021 - PF Arthur Kaluma (AZ) | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 PF Arthur Kaluma (AZ)

Our good defensive teams have shared one thing in common. The 3 is at least 6-7 Next year, our entire front line will be big. We will be a very good shooting team. With a great guard. But let's ignore all of that.

I’m hopeful that Girard can make a big leap. That’s essential. Long way until November, but right now I see a 19-20 win team. We’ll see.

I’m hopeful that Girard can make a big leap. That’s essential. Long way until November, but right now I see a 19-20 win team. We’ll see.
When was the last time we had the same starting point guard for three straight years? I’m hoping that will help next year.

I gotta think him getting COVID really hurt his physical play this year

I gotta think him getting COVID really hurt his physical play this year
hes too small to really do what he needs to do as a pg inside the arc but i expect him to have his best year yet next season.

LOL I am very optimistic about next year. But I have us going either 22-9 or 23-8 Not that big a difference. But I think we will be entertaining and go in to the tournament thinking (unlike this year or the last two sweet 16 teams, that we can beat anyone. Our schedule is brutal this year. A normal schedule and I might have us a game or so higher.

LOL I am very optimistic about next year. But I have us going either 22-9 or 23-8 Not that big a difference. But I think we will be entertaining and go in to the tournament thinking (unlike this year or the last two sweet 16 teams, that we can beat anyone. Our schedule is brutal this year. A normal schedule and I might have us a game or so higher.
I like your optimism. I don’t see it unless Girard has a big year. I would have gone for 23 wins or so if Kadary returned. We’re too easy to defend with Joe at PG, and we’re a step slow defensively. We’ll also miss Q’s toughness inside.

I like your optimism. I don’t see it unless Girard has a big year. I would have gone for 23 wins or so if Kadary returned. We’re too easy to defend with Joe at PG, and we’re a step slow defensively. We’ll also miss Q’s toughness inside.
I am not worried about a lot of things others are. But I am worried a bit about Joe. And I am very worried about full court pressure defense. Benny better be able to help. we are a older team. and that will help. Let me know how we do in Atlantis and I will tell you whether this is a big year. 2 wins there is all I am asking for.

We’ll be playing with fire again. Not unusual. 3 forwards. 3 guards. One injury at either position and there isn’t a backup. But if you’re okay with playing 3 small forwards, go for it. When folks here complain that we can’t rebound next season, don’t be surprised.

Why would we be surprised about folks here complaining about absolutely anything?

This team will rebound better than last years team. It should be much better defensively. It will be a better shooting team and it is a very experienced team. If Joe can improve or if Symir can live up to his HS rating we have a chance to be pretty good. Top tier of ACC and 6 7 8 seed. Obviously the pg position is the weak link.

They are going to be terrible with few television appearances. Also, he lives in AZ, he’s going to have a lot of distractions there. For a guy that wants to make it to the NBA, that might make it more difficult. That doesn’t apply to JJ, of course.
Phoenix is approx. a 2 1/2 hr. drive from Tucson, drove it yesterday to met Llandz, the Queen of SU alumni in AZ.
U of Arizona is going to be in a world of hurt. Why would would anyone who has other choices take that risk? Firing Miller is akin to admitting guilt. The FBI has daming tapes. They are not going to skate. On the other hand, North Carolina says hello.

Last edited:
Phoenix is approx. a 2 1/2 hr. drive to Tucson, drove it yesterday to meet Linda, the Queen of SU alumni in AZ.
U of Arizona is going to be in a world of hurt. Why would would anyone who has other choices take that risk? Firing Miller is akin to admitting guilt. The FBI has daming tapes. They are not going to skate. On the other hand, North Carolina says hello.

Yeah I mean UNC is the poster child for blue blood who can do whatever they want. Not to mention a fanbase and alumnus with extremely deep pockets.

UofA is not as basketball centric as UNC. UofA has very good academics and enough integrity to fire their coach. They are more likely to be punished than UNC. I would not risk it given a two year college plan. Creighton is a mess. We have no PT. I guess that he falls into Hopkins hands. Hop can play the long-time interest card. An AZ kid in the Pac 12 makes sense. Seattle temperature and rain might be appealing when coming from the desert.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom