Class of 2018 - PF Bryce Golden (MD) to Butler | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PF Bryce Golden (MD) to Butler

Seems to have good hands around the hoop and a knack for getting to the ball off misses but didn't really showcase too much else. I am sure he scores a lot in HS by simply being able to out-size/strength guys inside. I liked the little drive to the hoop though.

I have said we need at minimum 1 more big guy for next year so I am 110% in.

He doesn't look all that tall/long, would he profile as a 5 in our system?

That would really screw up announcers if we were to have Bryce Golden and Brycen Goodine on the same team, on the floor at the same time.

avatars-000091352672-r07w7d-t500x500.jpg

The biggest knock I have with Golden is that at one time in his life he decided it was a good idea to have Stallings as his coach.

I can forgive him.

But... I mean... Stallings?
That's ok. He likes old guys.

Golden played for Team Takeover (w/ Jalen Smith and Brandon Slater) in the EYBL last year...
He averaged 8.5 points, shot 47% from the field, shot 59% from the line, shot 25% from three, and 4.5 rebounds in 13 minutes.

He doesn't look all that tall/long, would he profile as a 5 in our system?

I don't think he "profiles" to that position in the sense that he's not a lanky, rim protecting shot blocker.

But he does appear to be strong enough to handle center responsibilities. I think he'd be a good 3rd guy in the 5 rotation [and serve as insurance in case Sidibe doesn't bounce back].

Probably more of a natural 4. A big bigger / stronger than the guys we usually chase, but still a quality get. Rick didn't exactly profile to the 5 in our system, either.

Last edited:
The biggest knock I have with Golden is that at one time in his life he decided it was a good idea to have Stallings as his coach.

I can forgive him.

But... I mean... Stallings?
Yup. Might have to unlearn "stupid" after his initial recruitment.

Golden played for Team Takeover (w/ Jalen Smith and Brandon Slater) in the EYBL last year...
He averaged 8.5 points, shot 47% from the field, shot 59% from the line, shot 25% from three, and 4.5 rebounds in 13 minutes.
25% from three?!?!?!?!

SIGN ME UP!!!

But seriously, he would be a good add.

Slater is pretty good.
Correct. Slater is pretty accurate.

Most had never heard of Ervin when the Montgomery projection was made, so not much credibility for him at least.

That would really screw up announcers if we were to have Bryce Golden and Brycen Goodine on the same team, on the floor at the same time.
Bryce will be 1 and done, no worries.;)

He may not jump high, but at least he is slow. Just kidding, I think he would fit for forward depth. Willing to get in there and bang guys around, get rebounds and put backs.

He may not jump high, but at least he is slow. Just kidding, I think he would fit for forward depth. Willing to get in there and bang guys around, get rebounds and put backs.
We need someone to compare and contrast to Ethan Cole.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom