Class of 2018 - PF Bryce Golden (MD) to Butler | Page 38 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PF Bryce Golden (MD) to Butler

Understandable .. except we need BODIES in the worst way. We need a decent forward. A third center would be nice too. Neither has to be all-world ... could be projects - we need them to come in for 6-8 minutes a game, that's it.

It's the Dome .. 30,000 ...+ There have to be some players out there.
Problem is a fifth year grad transfer is gonna want to play a decent amount of minutes. They aren't gonna play over Dolezaj or Brissett. If there were a grad transfer that was cool playing 10 minutes a game and wouldn't fuss about lack of playing time, sure bring him on board.

Problem is a fifth year grad transfer is gonna want to play a decent amount of minutes. They aren't gonna play over Dolezaj or Brissett. If there were a grad transfer that was cool playing 10 minutes a game and wouldn't fuss about lack of playing time, sure bring him on board.
I appreciate your post, but I don't think a G-T is our only option. We could take another (or two) big from HS or a JUCO. The HS player doesn't have to be amazing ... all we need him to do is contribute some minutes without inviting disaster. Any top 100 (or even top 150) kid would fit that bill and could develop from there.

As far as JUCO's, JB doesn't like them. I get that. But this isn't time to get picky.

I appreciate your post, but I don't think a G-T is our only option. We could take another (or two) big from HS or a JUCO. The HS player doesn't have to be amazing ... all we need him to do is contribute some minutes without inviting disaster. Any top 100 (or even top 150) kid would fit that bill and could develop from there.

As far as JUCO's, JB doesn't like them. I get that. But this isn't time to get picky.
We don't disagree, I was specifically referring to GT's in my post. I also worry about team chemistry issues with GT's. I totally agree depth is a problem. A big problem.

Time to fold up the team and quit the ACC.

No, of course not, but don't pretend that we don't need more live bodies. For JB to be saying we might be done is foolhardy in the extreme, unless our new goal is to be Wake Forest.

One forward. If we wanted Moyer back, he would be back. I would love a stretch 4. I wish it was Bazley. I would have been happy if Golden had chose Syracuse. In the long run, it won't make a bit of difference. I guess I believe in modern medicine and think that both centers will be back this year. Silly me. We will have a good team next year.

Can you not count? We lost two, not one.
It won't make a bit of difference if you are expecting another season on the bubble.

Buddy is not a returning player - your post is not correct (only 4 returning healthy players - although Pascal was not seriously injured so there is 5)

You also forgot Carey - who is very important (so that makes 8 players plus Washington)

Besides that your post is accurate - and very dramatic

Thanks. At first I said only 4 healthy players, then remembered Buddy, even though (as you point out) he is "new". And yes, I forgot about Carey, who certainly is important, but won't be able to rebound or play the low post for us.

Can you not count? We lost two, not one.
It won't make a bit of difference if you are expecting another season on the bubble.
It is troubling that one can never have a civil conversation with you. Whether it is whistling by the grave yard or can you count. Why are you so rude so often? No ones opinion is gospel. Including yours.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, of course not, but don't pretend that we don't need more live bodies. For JB to be saying we might be done is foolhardy in the extreme, unless our new goal is to be Wake Forest.
That is our goal. We don't just want to be Wake Forrest, we demand to be Wake Forrest. Two final fours and a sweet 16 in the last 6 years be damned.

Just looking at size, Nova had 3 guys last year that were over 6'7 that played. And two of them were frosh. This year, we will have 4 guys bigger than 6'7. Of course we don't shoot like them and we won't. But we have the size to compete despite what you read here.

Just looking at size, Nova had 3 guys last year that were over 6'7 that played. And two of them were frosh. This year, we will have 4 guys bigger than 6'7. Of course we don't shoot like them and we won't. But we have the size to compete despite what you read here.

I'm over the size thing. If they can't score I don't care how big they are.

Going out on a limb, I think Sidibe can be a good scorer. PC, say what we will, but he improved a lot as the season went on. From a low level yes but there was a lot of improvement from last year to this year. I thought this year would be a disaster. I am much more optimistic about next year.

I am one million percent with you on this!!! I don’t know how many times I yelled at the TV...”you’ve been playing basketball your whole life and are a division one player and are physically unable to make an open jumper...holy Hanna!”

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom