Class of 2018 - PF Bryce Golden (MD) to Butler | Page 37 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PF Bryce Golden (MD) to Butler

I just wish people had some sort of clue. Here are the facts regarding this situation. This kid was ready to close the deal with Butler before we got involved. He had been talking with them for a while. He plays with a kid in AAU that is going to Butler. We weren't involved until we lost Bazley. We took a run and came closer than we probably should have. We made the kid think about it. If it was a race, Butler had a 50 yard head start in a 100 yard race.

probably why they were his last visit.

I dont see why this was surprising.

Here he’d compete with Dolezaj, possibly Brisset and Sidibe for time at the 4 depending on the situation.

Butler he goes in and likely starts.

Its like we whine about Tucker choosing Duke even though there’s more playing time available at Cuse. Then we whine about Golden going to Butler where there’s more immediate playing time.

Well, the common denominator here is coming up the bridesmaid. Bridesmaids are accustomed to whining and crying. ;):)

Is that somewhere in the previous 35 pages? Hard to chastise people for not knowing something that wasn't public anywhere.
How about considering that you (not you) don't know what you don't know.

How about considering that you (not you) don't know what you don't know.

giphy.gif

Disappointing for sure, but I think this kid did his homework and went where he felt he would fit best. I wish more kids were like him, and not just swayed by the name of the school on the front of the jersey. Good luck Bryce.

This type of argument is so shortsighted.

We had a good run in the tournament. I still don’t think it means our rotation isn’t a problem.
We literally get nothing from our bench. We have no margin for error and no depth but because we won 3 tournament games it means nothing needs to be changed.
Virginia goes 31-2 but because they lost to UMBC they have to change everything.

We had a great tournament but our short rotation should change unless we have elite talent. Players like Trevor Cooney, Frank Howard shouldn’t have to be high 30 MPG players.

It’s a problem.

Depth is largely impacted by events of the last few years regarding scholarships, defections and early departures. Those kinds of things would be devastating to most average programs. Syracuse responds with a Sweet 16 run. Is it a problem? Yes. Is it a problem that can be quickly solved? No. Is it a problem with which the staff is aware? Of course. Are they working on it? Of course. But if you base your ability to sleep on the whims of 17/18 year old kids, you’re going to have a lot of sleepless nights. No one here wants to go into next season (or the following) with the lack of depth we have currently.

Battle is gone, sadly. WE will have a stellar starting 5, but no depth

Well, maybe the old man won't play them 40 minutes a game in November and December, so they don't break down and get injured by February.

Please stop. This kid was by far more important on this board than he was to our coaching staff. He was a lot more of a Butler player than a Syracuse player. We didn't recruit him early for a reason. He would have been a nice to have. Don't put him anywhere near the recruit that Stewart is. We will do fine this year.

You realize that we lost 2 forwards we were expecting to have, plus Battle is about 90% certain to go pro. We will have 2 centers, both of whom have had injury problems last season, plus a guard who had an ACL in February.

By my count, the healthy returning players are Dolezaj, Hughes, Brissett, Frank, and Buddy. Five guys. That's it. Plus 2 centers who had leg problems last year, and a guard coming off an ACL who won't play before mid-season, if he doesn't take a medical redshirt.

So we're looking at a 7 man team right now, and both of the big men were damaged goods last year. That's just great. Sure, we didn't need a stretch 4. Keep whistling through the graveyard, Dasher.

You realize that we lost 2 forwards we were expecting to have, plus Battle is about 90% certain to go pro. We will have 2 centers, both of whom have had injury problems last season, plus a guard who had an ACL in February.

By my count, the healthy returning players are Dolezaj, Hughes, Brissett, Frank, and Buddy. Five guys. That's it. Plus 2 centers who had leg problems last year, and a guard coming off an ACL who won't play before mid-season, if he doesn't take a medical redshirt.

So we're looking at a 7 man team right now, and both of the big men were damaged goods last year. That's just great. Sure, we didn't need a stretch 4. Keep whistling through the graveyard, Dasher.

Everything is just fine though! Nothing to worry about. Cuse always gets out recruited by the Butler's of the world.

Time to fold up the team and quit the ACC.

Everything is just fine though! Nothing to worry about. Cuse always gets out recruited by the Butler's of the world.
lol never mind that the kid already hada relationship with the school. never mind that he has a friendship with a kid on his AAU team going to Butler. We are Syracuse damn it. The coaches dropped the ball.

I'm not going to panic b/c Golden chose Butler .. my assumption is he had more of a recruiting history with them and he'll get more PT there. However, that doesn't mean we don't need a big or two in a huge way. Depth has been an issue for a WHILE now. Be nice to see us find some big guys that could help us.

One forward. If we wanted Moyer back, he would be back. I would love a stretch 4. I wish it was Bazley. I would have been happy if Golden had chose Syracuse. In the long run, it won't make a bit of difference. I guess I believe in modern medicine and think that both centers will be back this year. Silly me. We will have a good team next year.

Buddy is not a returning player - your post is not correct (only 4 returning healthy players - although Pascal was not seriously injured so there is 5)

You also forgot Carey - who is very important (so that makes 8 players plus Washington)

Besides that your post is accurate - and very dramatic

I'm not going to panic b/c Golden chose Butler .. my assumption is he had more of a recruiting history with them and he'll get more PT there. However, that doesn't mean we don't need a big or two in a huge way. Depth has been an issue for a WHILE now. Be nice to see us find some big guys that could help us.
The problem is the coaches (or should I say coach) doesn't want 5th year guys and the good ones are already taken.

Butler offered Howard Washington. He picked Syracuse.

I don't know this to be true but I believe it...Washington heard that Butler was going to take Tucker and Golden. He said no way I want to be any part of that.
That made me smile lol.

The problem is the coaches (or should I say coach) doesn't want 5th year guys and the good ones are already taken.
Understandable .. except we need BODIES in the worst way. We need a decent forward. A third center would be nice too. Neither has to be all-world ... could be projects - we need them to come in for 6-8 minutes a game, that's it.

It's the Dome .. 30,000 ...+ There have to be some players out there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom