Class of 2018 - PF/C Valdir Manuel (NJ) Flipped from Seton Hall to St Josephs to JUCO to St Johns to ... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PF/C Valdir Manuel (NJ) Flipped from Seton Hall to St Josephs to JUCO to St Johns to ...

Situation is interesting because Valdir tweeted on 1/30 that he was "committing soon" but here we are in March and he's getting offers and schools are showing interest. Looks like the door is still open for someone to blow him away and land him. He had 27 a few days ago in loss to IC and Jalen with SU on hand.

Love it...I know iommi is liking this too

Yes. Credit to Francis for being all over this as usual. He put on a tremendous performance this week with SU on hand. Glad we offered pretty much right away. Manuel's list of schools is likely to get more impressive but right now it's anybody's game. I thought he'd wind up staying in NJ the way things stood. I have to think we have a shot, considering our big men situation with BS soon to have surgery and PC being so limited.

Yes. Credit to Francis for being all over this as usual. He put on a tremendous performance this week with SU on hand. Glad we offered pretty much right away. Manuel's list of schools is likely to get more impressive but right now it's anybody's game. I thought he'd wind up staying in NJ the way things stood. I have to think we have a shot, considering our big men situation with BS soon to have surgery and PC being so limited.
It’s funny I read the end of the post and thought you were calling our big man situation BS which I agree but those were Sidibe’s initials

The question here is what changed? Why wait until now (honest question)
  • Could chukwu be leaving?
  • Is Sidebe' s future in question?
  • Do they just like his game more after watching him in person?
  • Do they want more depth?
It should be interesting to see. I like it regardless

I stopped doing updates on him recently but he dropped 24 & 11 on Khalil Whitney's Roselle Catholic team less than a week ago as well. He's becoming very confident offensively.

Can he shoot?

The question here is what changed? Why wait until now (honest question)
  • Could chukwu be leaving?
  • Is Sidebe' s future in question?
  • Do they just like his game more after watching him in person?
  • Do they want more depth?
It should be interesting to see. I like it regardless

I think the answers to the bottom two bullet points are yes and yes,regardless of the answers to the first two questions. I don't know about Chukwu but he is 23, I believe. Though it is very fair to question Sidibe's health, I think the strong hope is that surgery will solve the current issue. However, Bourama clearly needs to strengthen his legs post-surgery.

He wasn't unknown to the staff. He played with Jalen all summer. I think the staff was confident in our two bigs for next year, then Bourama got hurt.

Last edited:
Can he shoot?

Yes, he has a face up game. It's developing. He is a legit 6'9" but he can make a jumper and has been doing so. The thing I love is that the Patrick School plays as good a schedule as anyone and has churned out a ton of great players. This isn't a guy making strides against cupcakes.

Yes, he has a face up game. It's developing. He is a legit 6'9" but he can make a jumper and has been doing so. The thing I love is that the Patrick School plays as good a schedule as anyone and has churned out a ton of great players. This isn't a guy making strides against cupcakes.

That's good to know. I'd like to avoid big men who have only piled up stats because they are bigger than everyone else and we haven't seen what hey can do against similar competition.

Good to hear. Thanks.

I stopped doing updates on him recently but he dropped 24 & 11 on Khalil Whitney's Roselle Catholic team less than a week ago as well. He's becoming very confident offensively.

iommi, have you seen VM play live? He looked a little stiff and mechanical in the clips from the summer. It's good to hear his offense is developing.

iommi, have you seen VM play live? He looked a little stiff and mechanical in the clips from the summer. It's good to hear his offense is developing.

No, not in person. I agree with you to some extent but he’s really improved this season.

This was 2 weeks ago. He might wait until the Spring. Hopefully we get him up for a visit...

Here he is with Carey this spring. Carey is at the beginning of the clip (#5).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom