Class of 2024 - PF Donnie Freeman (MD / IMG) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (5/11/23) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 PF Donnie Freeman (MD / IMG) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (5/11/23)

Screenshot_20220408-214851_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220408-214907_Chrome.jpg

https://basketballrecruiting./news/donnie-freeman-hopes-to-tour-syracuse-georgetown-others

Notable quotes about Cuse:
  • “I fit their play style,” Freeman said. “They’ve had players like me with the long wiry frame with long arms.”
  • "Freeman does have some Syracuse ties. His father is a Syracuse fan and they enjoyed an unofficial visit together after the Elite Camp last August. Current Syracuse Forward Benny Williams is a player Freeman knows and has played with."
  • “I’m definitely still interested and they definitely have a shot,” Freeman said about the Orange.

Red is talking to Freeman "every few weeks". Hopefully he ramps that up. Maryland is calling every day. Rutgers, Georgetown, Maryland and Texas are the most active for him. He'd be a great Cuse player, and he's obtainable especially given that his dad is a fan, he knows Benny, and Red has ties to his AAU team.

Syracuse ramped up contact and he hears from Cuse, Georgetown and Alabama the most now. He'd crush it here. I was feeling cautiously optimistic that Cuse would at least be a top choice, but after his quote on coaching I'm not positive he would want to play for someone with JB's hardnose style.
  • I don’t want to force anything when it comes to schools,” Freeman said. “So I’m looking for something that just feels natural. I want to play for a player’s coach, someone who really cares for his players.
  • Syracuse: “I knew a lot about them before my visit because I used to watch them growing up. I really learned how much they value players like me, guys with long and wiry frames. Being there, seeing the history of their program was cool.”
  • “It would always be nice to stay close to home [DC], but I’m willing to wherever the best fit is to play in college. I want to go to a program that has a rich history of getting players to the league."
Of course, Hop better fits that description, and you never know what's going to happen by 2024...

link: 4-star Donnie Freeman says Syracuse, Georgetown, Alabama are "most active"

Syracuse ramped up contact and he hears from Cuse, Georgetown and Alabama the most now. He'd crush it here. I was feeling cautiously optimistic that Cuse would at least be a top choice, but after his quote on coaching I'm not positive he would want to play for someone with JB's hardnose style.
  • I don’t want to force anything when it comes to schools,” Freeman said. “So I’m looking for something that just feels natural. I want to play for a player’s coach, someone who really cares for his players.
  • Syracuse: “I knew a lot about them before my visit because I used to watch them growing up. I really learned how much they value players like me, guys with long and wiry frames. Being there, seeing the history of their program was cool.”
  • “It would always be nice to stay close to home [DC], but I’m willing to wherever the best fit is to play in college. I want to go to a program that has a rich history of getting players to the league."
Of course, Hop better fits that description, and you never know what's going to happen by 2024...

link: 4-star Donnie Freeman says Syracuse, Georgetown, Alabama are "most active"
I’d love if he eventually took an official visit here! PS, I think he will.

Things need to change. The failure to have some plan in place that can be explained to recruits by this point is pathetic. The proof is in the pudding in the 2023 and 2024 classes so far. And frankly we missed most of the targets that we prioritized in the 2022 class but that has conveniently been ignored.

I don't recall Donnie ever saying SU was at the top of his list, but I could be wrong. He certainly said more than once that SU was recruiting him hard and he was eyeing a possible OV. Didn't happen. We did just get three OVs from 2024 guys, and Cadeau put us in his top 6. Then again, those players are all guards/wings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom