Class of 2024 - PF Donnie Freeman (MD / IMG) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (5/11/23) | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 PF Donnie Freeman (MD / IMG) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (5/11/23)

Not to get carried away but I haven't been this impressed by a prospect's film since somebody posted in Jarace Walker's thread a couple years back. And it was all in the same game against solid competition! His stroke, athleticism, understanding of space and how to play the game, unselfishness and understanding of team was remarkable. Wow Freeman would be a huge get. Based on the highlights I've seen, which admittedly can be misleading, I'd take him over Adams.

He reminds be of a young Derrick Coleman. All arms and legs. Very straight up player. Shows nice touch, hands, timing and jumping ability. He and Adams would make a great forward tandem.

I would happily roll with this kid, plus a shot blocking/rebounding center, and 3 big lead guards a la Moore, Fland, and Bethea.

Wouldn't mind Donnie donning #44 either.

Yeah, here's my take on an ideal 2024 class. Moore. Bethea (Fland is a huge wild card). I don't think SU is going to land Owens. Then either Sorber or Donnie. I think Adams is 2023 if he comes to SU. Then a few others maybe to consider, like Jalik Dunkley-Distant and Okku Federiko.

Great skill set, moves well, good vision, 3 point shooting. A big with skills and not a project!! A huge must get!

Yeah, here's my take on an ideal 2024 class. Moore. Bethea (Fland is a huge wild card). I don't think SU is going to land Owens. Then either Sorber or Donnie. I think Adams is 2023 if he comes to SU. Then a few others maybe to consider, like Jalik Dunkley-Distant and Okku Federiko.
Guess you expect a lot of attrition from now to 2024 because you are 3-4 commits possibly for 2024 with 2 additional opportunities and one or two for 2023.

Syracuse has one vacancy (12 out of 13 filled) today, 2-3 more for 2023 depending if all three (Edwards, Girard and Torrence) leave (9-10 out of 13 filled). Benny and Jbol are wildcards to come back.

Have we had any updates on Donnie since Mike McAllister reported that we were back in the running for him?

Guess you expect a lot of attrition from now to 2024 because you are 3-4 commits possibly for 2024 with 2 additional opportunities and one or two for 2023.

Syracuse has one vacancy (12 out of 13 filled) today, 2-3 more for 2023 depending if all three (Edwards, Girard and Torrence) leave (9-10 out of 13 filled). Benny and Jbol are wildcards to come back.
I have no idea about attrition. The 2024 cycle is still a bit further down the line. Who knows what the roster will look like. That was just my take on an ideal class :)

I have no idea about attrition. The 2024 cycle is still a bit further down the line. Who knows what the roster will look like. That was just my take on an ideal class :)
I realize that. Just stating that if Syracuse recruiting is going that well, they may have to be selective in 2024 to match the vacancies. Really knew someone like Adams to move to 2023.

Devendorf said on his pod that the admin chased him off.
I don't love that. I don't necessarily hate it, but I don't love it either. I wonder if that puts us in jeopardy to lose Moore.

Adam still involved with the program?

The skuttlebutt is that Adam was displeased with how JB was handled at the end, although I think things smoothed over with JB after his final game press conference awkwardness, once a special role was created for him.

But beyond that, it appears that the administration didn't want exposure risk from AW's activities, given recent NCAA enforcement changes.

I’m hoping AW will continue to support the program and a lot of this is just a way to make it look like SU is pulling back from AW. Hopefully, his support might not be so public.
I'm hoping he still does the same thing, just without the social media posts and media interviews. Although, most of the point for him is to get positive exposure, so I'm not sure if Weitsman would like that.

I'm hoping he still does the same thing, just without the social media posts and media interviews. Although, most of the point for him is to get positive exposure, so I'm not sure if Weitsman would like that.

The odds of AW not posting on social media and directing attention to himself are about as likely as Boeheim playing man.

AW is about AW and when you get into business with him you better believe there are strings attached…. Lots of them… goodbye.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom