Class of 2024 - PF Donnie Freeman (MD / IMG) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (5/11/23) | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 PF Donnie Freeman (MD / IMG) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (5/11/23)

Once more for the cheap seats:

party GIF

How many FBS schools have African Americans as their head coach in both major revenue sports?

I believe it’s just SU and Penn State.

My favorite part of this is we’re not worrying about which coach had which recruit. They’re all grinding. I get that certain coaches are point and that’s incredibly important, but it’s nice to see this coaching group crush recruiting together.
Bro chill lol

That’s a dick post by Slater.
That was a shady, annoying comment by Slater. I can’t wait til we get our program mojo back again. The recruiting mojo is already starting to turn around. Our basketball brand is way better than Bama’s but JB let recruiting and roster building atrophy (and his age and the zone became a total liability), and so Bama and Arkansas were able to become hot programs under Oats and Musselman. If Autry can have a couple of successful years in a row, Syracuse basketball will be back to its once storied brand again, and guys like Slater will be licking our boots and raving about how our coaches are powerhouse recruiters.

Last edited:
It shouldn't.
But since we don't live in the land of puppy dogs, unicorns, and rainbows- whether we like it or not...race and representation IS an issue.
It’s only an issue because many groups in this country continually want to make it an issue, which ultimately leads to other issues. Dino and Red are the coaches of our programs because they earned the coaching job, not because they are black. Why don’t we try not making race (or gender for that matter) an issue for once.

It’s only an issue because many groups in this country continually want to make it an issue, which ultimately leads to other issues. Dino and Red are the coaches of our programs because they earned the coaching job, not because they are black. Why don’t we try not making race (or gender for that matter) an issue for once.

I see it this way. If the AA community finds it important to celebrate then it's asinine to ridicule them for it. We aren't yet 60 yrs since the CRM was even passed let alone adopted in certain parts of the country. I do however agree it should be celebrated on merit as well.

Let it be the choice of those it truly matters to. Otherwise just ignore it like we would a million other factoids. It's the foolishness of the negative response that perpetuates the issue more than calling it out.

That was a shady, annoying comment by Slater. I can’t wait til we get our program mojo back again. The recruiting mojo is already starting to turn around. Our basketball brand is way better than Bama’s but JB let recruiting and roster building atrophy (and his age and the zone became a total liability), and so Bama and Arkansas were able to become hot programs under Oats and Musselman. If Autry can have a couple of successful years in a row, Syracuse basketball will be back to its once storied brand again, and guys like Slater will be licking our boots and raving about how our coaches are powerhouse recruiters.
Agreed. F ing tool

It's only an issue because many groups in this country want to make it an issue? You mean it's only an issue because some groups want to complain about the lack of opportunity that is given to a group that I don't belong to. The nerve of those groups. Other AA have earned it and haven't got the jobs they should have got. It's easy to think it isn't important when you belong to the group that has always got the jobs. Like it or not, the fact that only two schools in the entire country at the D-1 level have both AA's as their football and basketball coaches is ridiculous. I agree that people should advance on their talent. Not their race. Or their sex. But that isn't what has happened. And sadly, it still isn't happening. I'm old enough to remember when you wouldn't have black qb or mlb in the NFL. Were groups right or wrong to complain about that?

Last edited:
The 70s called, they dont appreciate you trying to dig up their grave.

It's not just about many groups " continually wanting to make it an issue", it's mentioned and brought up precisely because it IS an issue. Period.
If your point is we should ignore it, or not mention it, or act like it doesn't exist, that's a personal perspective, born of your own personal experience. The opposite of that is whether those in other groups have the same privilege, the same luxury, to offer their perspective, based on their own life experiences.
And let's be clear, this is not a right or privilege that was always historically available for those same groups in the past. If it matters to them to bring it up, then it shouldn't be a problem for anyone else. JMHO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom