Class of 2024 - PF Donnie Freeman (MD / IMG) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (5/11/23) | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 PF Donnie Freeman (MD / IMG) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (5/11/23)

It's not just about many groups " continually wanting to make it an issue", it's mentioned and brought up precisely because it IS an issue. Period.
If your point is we should ignore it, or not mention it, or act like it doesn't exist, that's a personal perspective, born of your own personal experience. The opposite of that is whether those in other groups have the same privilege, the same luxury, to offer their perspective, based on their own life experiences.
And let's be clear, this is not a right or privilege that was always historically available for those same groups in the past. If it matters to them to bring it up, then it shouldn't be a problem for anyone else. JMHO
If you want to speak on this topic, start a new thread. This Donnie Freeman ty

That said regarding Freeman - one thing I'm curious about is how Red sees him. Assuming as a 4.. but given the growth as a 3 level scorer I wonder if he is a true hybrid 4/3 by the time he is on campus...

Knock it off, all of you.

7lq3hv.jpg

Red is going positionless. He will have some lineups that are going to shock us all

Gives him a lot of flexibility with how he wants to play man D. Can switch everything if he wants. He’ll be able to blitz on pick and roll with an elite player, he’ll be able to have guys that can hedge and recover.

The PG, SG, SF, PF, C lineup has been outdated.

The guys we have coming in this year and next will allow a lot more variability with how we attack on O and D.

Freeman is a huge part of that.

Red and co have done the job so far of getting the guys and making the plan. Biggest mountain to climb is coaching when the ball tips off.

I see it this way. If the AA community finds it important to celebrate then it's asinine to ridicule them for it. We aren't yet 60 yrs since the CRM was even passed let alone adopted in certain parts of the country. I do however agree it should be celebrated on merit as well.

Let it be the choice of those it truly matters to. Otherwise just ignore it like we would a million other factoids. It's the foolishness of the negative response that perpetuates the issue more than calling it out.
well said

Love it. The evolution of the importance of having a more modern dynamic in the relationship between coaches and players positions us well with how our staff is built. The social media presence, being real and having the ability to have their attention and respect while also talking "with them" not just "to them" is key. I've faulted Hurley a lot for the spaz he is- but he without a doubt proved you can crush it with that model. Glad it seems there is evidence our current staff might be pretty good at this new modern landscape.

Obviously alongside NIL of course.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom