Class of 2024 - PF Donnie Freeman (MD / IMG) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (5/11/23) | Page 34 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 PF Donnie Freeman (MD / IMG) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (5/11/23)

Love the analysis on Donnie by Mike:

"He does have Grant’s explosiveness. He doesn’t just dunk the basketball. He hammers it home as if the rim has somehow insulted him. However, Freeman can shoot from the perimeter, which Grant couldn’t do at the same stage."

Sheesh. These two boys we have already are something else. Doing it in multiple phases of the game and showing out at the highest levels too.

Nothing better than knowing there are more than a few watching them both asking where those kids are playing next year and hearing Cuse... "insert hand on chin emoji response"...

Freeman is very skilled, but he needs to get a lot stronger. Hopefully, he will add 20-25 pounds before he arrives in the fall of 2024.
We could really play a great small ball game with him on the floor without a center, especially if he adds that weight (and I think he's the type who could add that weight and strength). He will need to be guarded at the perimeter and could really open up the offense. And he's going to be a shot blocker and rebounder at the next level - I have no doubt about that. Senior Benny, Freeman, and 3 guards or 2 guards and a wing forward.

Cuse Nation can't wait for the Freemans...
Screenshot_20230711-003652_Instagram.jpg

Reminds me more of McCullough than Grant.

Great call. Agreed 144%.

Grant was springy AF and great motor, but not much of a J coming in.

CMac could hit 3’s, I still recall one game early his Frosh year where he hit a few from the outside, along with doing athletic stuff, and it was like - yup, this kid is one and done.

(Of course, he tailed off, then got hurt, but there were early glimpses of the skills he had)

Freeman seems like a much better shooter and handler than either of them, at this juncture in their relative careers.
Kid has SF skills (nearly SG level) with getting his shot off/getting to the rim.

I also see some J-Dub in Freeman’s game.

Last edited:
Great call. Agreed 144%.

Grant was springy AF and great motor, but not much of a J coming in.

CMac could hit 3’s, I still recall one game early his Frosh year where he hit a few from the outside, along with doing athletic stuff, and it was like - yup, this kid is one and done.

(Of course, he tailed off, then got hurt, but there were early glimpses of the skills he had)

Freeman seems like a much better shooter and handler than either of them, at this juncture in their relative careers.
Kid has SF skills (nearly SG level) with getting his shot off/getting to the rim.
Donnie Freeman is a smooth player that is able to adapt to any situation that occurred at the Peach Jam. He has great form on his shot and is able to guard multiple positions. I was impressed by what I saw. I said it once and going to repeat it now: Syracuse fans will be more than happy with what Donnie Freeman brings to the Syracuse Basketball team. He is a great prospect.

OT- FWIW, UCONN picked up a good 2024 recruit - Isaiah Abraham a 6’7” small forward with a good motor. He plays with Donnie Freeman on Team Takeover (Team TO) this summer. He helped Team TO to at least 2-4 wins in this year’s Peach Jam.

Ranked in 247’s top 100 this summer. He’s ranked 71.

OT- FWIW, UCONN picked up a good 2024 recruit - Isaiah Abraham a 6’7” small forward with a good motor. He plays with Donnie Freeman on Team Takeover (Team TO) this summer. He helped Team TO to at least 2-4 wins in this year’s Peach Jam.

Oh, well, that's nice for them.

Guess I'll see them in Hell.

Who?

Who?

I think Freeman could be a big scorer right out of the gate as a freshman. Definitely one of the best prospects we have signed in some time

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom