Class of 2024 - PF Donnie Freeman (MD / IMG) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (5/11/23) | Page 35 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 PF Donnie Freeman (MD / IMG) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (5/11/23)

This is a pretty cool gig for Donnie...

Imagine going to this camp as a kid. Not a counselor under 6'5.

Links to the same article above but a nice highlight real in this one
What I love about this reel: consistently shows he has an intuitive talent for using twitch to gain enough of an advantage to elevate and get a clean shot off. His fakes and moves are decisive and explosive and he creates separation, and then takes on-balance, on-form shots. That was a hallmark of Melo’s game, too.

We don’t see the misses, but whatevs—he’s a nice, nice, sophisticated player.

What I love about this reel: consistently shows he has an intuitive talent for using twitch to gain enough of an advantage to elevate and get a clean shot off. His fakes and moves are decisive and explosive and he creates separation, and then takes on-balance, on-form shots. That was a hallmark of Melo’s game, too.

We don’t see the misses, but whatevs—he’s a nice, nice, sophisticated player.
I also like how he is using his left hand as well.

That first clip is Jerami Grant type freaky stuff. Off two feet on someone’s head without much forward momentum is silly. And the jumper looks good.

Land Bethea and I’ll put our ‘24 class against anyone else’s.

That first clip is Jerami Grant type freaky stuff. Off two feet on someone’s head without much forward momentum is silly. And the jumper looks good.

Land Bethea and I’ll put our ‘24 class against anyone else’s.
Yeah, Freeman looks like the kind of forward that we used to have every single season. Long, versatile, athletic. Can’t wait until he’s here!

Really great piece by Mike W. Highly recommend checking it out.
It was very good. Really interesting to see how he developed and also showed how we were competitive as far as NIL.

goes to show whats been repeated throughout 2023 is correct. The University, collectives and local NIL providers are competitive when needed. We have the money, we just don’t opt to spend for the sake of spending,

Cuse has bagholders, these ones don’t need to be in the paper and all over social media before helping,

Last edited:
While I have not seen Elijah Moore play, Donnie Freeman and Jalil Bethea are two of three most impressive players I have seen this summer.. The other player is Conor Flagg.

Regarding all three of them, you can just see the talent potential that each has when they play.

Honestly reminds me quite a bit of Rudy Gay as a HS prospect. Gay got unfair comparisons to Melo at the time even as he was a really good player in his own right.

He looks even lankier to me, almost like a poor man's Kevin Durant. Spidery, if you know what I mean.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom