Class of 2024 - PF Donnie Freeman (MD / IMG) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (5/11/23) | Page 36 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 PF Donnie Freeman (MD / IMG) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (5/11/23)

That first dunk reminded me of Hakim Warrick. Quick off the ground, goes right at the guy between him and the basket, the arms just keep extending, and then pounds it down over the defender (who by that point was just trying to get out of the way).

Hopkins used to say Warrick had go go gadget arms. Freeman has that as well.

That first dunk reminded me of Hakim Warrick. Quick off the ground, goes right at the guy between him and the basket, the arms just keep extending, and then pounds it down over the defender (who by that point was just trying to get out of the way).

Hopkins used to say Warrick had go go gadget arms. Freeman has that as well.

975x0.jpg

These are the types we used to have regularly on our team. This is the type of athlete and physical presence we have missed dearly. So refreshing.
As close to DC as we have had in a while.
Hopefully he wants to rebound.

What about John Wallace
Close had a great run in the tournament, Warwick was close. But DC had the complete game. Hoping that is what Donnie brings to the game.
Remember DC, Kemp, Shack, Wilkins were on Dream Team 2 in 2004. There is film on you tube, they were young and the dunks were unbelievable.
DC and Kemp were 6-10 and there were a lot of monster dunks.

Close had a great run in the tournament, Warwick was close. But DC had the complete game. Hoping that is what Donnie brings to the game.
Remember DC, Kemp, Shack, Wilkins were on Dream Team 2 in 2004. There is film on you tube, they were young and the dunks were unbelievable.
DC and Kemp were 6-10 and there were a lot of monster dunks.
So you're saying Freeman is closer to DC than Wallace was?

Haha love DF and what he might become. Also I'll admit I'm also a little orange flavored punch drunk, as i think I'm not alone here, on the excitement around the program for a change and the possibilities with the season to come and the talent for 24 and beyond.

Freeman is a better defender than both of them. I doubt he’s ever as good a rebounder as DC.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. This kid is bouncy, has long arms, pretty good on the drive, hits a 3 pointer and can dunk like a MF. He gets up and blocks shots, but I don't see a defensive stopper. He's still too skinny, still filling out his body.

……can we just get a master list of players that recruits should never be compared to? Because….it ain’t gonna happen.

- Derrick Coleman
- Carmelo Anthony
- Billy Owens
- Dave Bing
I hear you. But, that's what we do, isn't it? It doesn't mean that these guys will ever live up to one of our greats, but maybe they do. How about "Carmelo Anthony is the next Billy Owens"? Who would have ever thought he could live up to it and then some. So long as we don't expect any incoming recruit to be as good as those they are similar to, that is good enough. But, irrational posters that heap expectations on the shoulders of these young men are setting them up to be unduly criticized. I have no idea what I just wrote, I just went with it.

I hear you. But, that's what we do, isn't it? It doesn't mean that these guys will ever live up to one of our greats, but maybe they do. How about "Carmelo Anthony is the next Billy Owens"? Who would have ever thought he could live up to it and then some. So long as we don't expect any incoming recruit to be as good as those they are similar to, that is good enough. But, irrational posters that heap expectations on the shoulders of these young men are setting them up to be unduly criticized. I have no idea what I just wrote, I just went with it.

Unknown quantities are compared to known quantities until they create their own legacy. Then the comparisons stop.

Keep DC out of this thread, my god.

People talking DC and Freeman. KD with Flagg. People have lost their minds.
I’m going to stick with things like “I hope he’s really good like when we had guys like Fair, Grant, etc.”

If he actually ends up being better than that, that’s amazing. But I’m going to try to have fairly realistic high expectations.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom