Class of 2024 - PF Donnie Freeman (MD / IMG) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (5/11/23) | Page 66 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 PF Donnie Freeman (MD / IMG) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (5/11/23)

Freeman finished in 8th place on the RSCI ranking. Our highest ranked recruit since Donte Greene.

Moore's final RSCI ranking was 77, in spite of being unranked by two of the services counted in the consensus rankings. The bottom half of the top50 often has wonky rankings, as sometimes ranking sites leave off players who are highly ranked by the other ranking sites. It is then uncertain if it was an oversight or a deliberate snub by the site leaving a player unranked.

Our class of 2 players came in 16th with 117 points.

They haven't qualified for the main tournament. They play July 2-7 and I would say they probably are longshots to make it.
With the 4 NBA players committed, I think they have a real shot to make the Olympics. They aren't playing the top teams in the world, they are playing other national team also-rans. Their first two opponents have active rosters with zero NBA players, for instance. Top Euro players often aren't good enough to get minutes in the NBA, and the Bahamas will be running out at least 4 current NBA players.

Either way, just being on the team with those guys and playing/working out with them will be huge for Freeman.

(And it really sucks he's ditching his teammates to play in a stupid qualifying tournament. Doesn't he know what's important?)

With the 4 NBA players committed, I think they have a real shot to make the Olympics. They aren't playing the top teams in the world, they are playing other national team also-rans. Their first two opponents have active rosters with zero NBA players, for instance. Top Euro players often aren't good enough to get minutes in the NBA, and the Bahamas will be running out at least 4 current NBA players.

Either way, just being on the team with those guys and playing/working out with them will be huge for Freeman.

(And it really sucks he's ditching his teammates to play in a stupid qualifying tournament. Doesn't he know what's important?)
I think Jesse working with his national team each summer really accelerated his improvement. I think it will do the same for Donnie.

Queue up the complaints about him not being on campus to practice with his teammates.
IMG_4262.jpeg

Really cool opportunity. Selfishly as a Syracuse fan you want him on campus asap. But if you get called you have to take this opportunity to get this experience. If we aren’t supportive there is a great risk he will resent Syracuse down the road if things don’t work out the way he wants it too in terms of his career trajectory.

Really cool opportunity. Selfishly as a Syracuse fan you want him on campus asap. But if you get called you have to take this opportunity to get this experience. If we aren’t supportive there is a great risk he will resent Syracuse down the road if things don’t work out the way he wants it too in terms of his career trajectory.
I disagree. I would much rather have him take this opportunity to train with and play against older, stronger, savvy pros. (Ex. He will learn about shooting and setting himself up to score from Buddy Hield and Eric Gordon). He will come back exponentially better than he left. The kid will learn so much more than he would have being on campus for that brief time.

I disagree. I would much rather have him take this opportunity to train with and play against older, stronger, savvy pros. (Ex. He will learn about shooting and setting himself up to score from Buddy Hield and Eric Gordon). He will come back exponentially better than he left. The kid will learn so much more than he would have being on campus for that brief time.

144% THIS.

It is exponentially more positively impactful for Donnie to get this experience playing with and against experienced grown-ass Pros,
than playing pickup games with his new college teammates for a few weeks.

144% THIS.

It is exponentially more positively impactful for Donnie to get this experience playing with and against experienced grown-ass Pros,
than playing pickup games with his new college teammates for a few weeks.
Just to pig pile, I'm excited for Freeman to play in practice against a couple NBA big men, and several other guys who are almost NBA quality players.

He's going to learn a lot about being a pro, most importantly about off the court... If Freeman thinks he's working hard now, wait till he sees what Gordan is doing to still be in the NBA at 35 years old.

Just to pig pile, I'm excited for Freeman to play in practice against a couple NBA big men, and several other guys who are almost NBA quality players.

He's going to learn a lot about being a pro, most importantly about off the court... If Freeman thinks he's working hard now, wait till he sees what Gordan is doing to still be in the NBA at 35 years old.
Hold on, Eric Gordon is 35 years old?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom