Class of 2020 - PF Isaiah Jackson (MI/SpireAcademyOH) to Kentucky | Page 102 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 PF Isaiah Jackson (MI/SpireAcademyOH) to Kentucky

We can get off the bubble and maybe be top 25 with what we have if our guys develop, but to really contend for a nc we will need at least one and probably two big time talents who can take over games when necessary. I just do not see those players on the current roster.
The key is obviously how they develop within the system. Recent history shows that teams like Virginia, UNC and Villanova have won more NC's with their three and four year players than Duke and Kentucky have with their one and done.

The key is obviously how they develop within the system. Recent history shows that teams like Virginia, UNC and Villanova have won more NC's with their three and four year players than Duke and Kentucky have with their one and done.
All three of the teams you cite ended up with either a lottery pick or multiple first round picks in the following years nba draft. Yes, u can win wo one and dones, but in the end u need high level talent.

Do u think even w development that there is a lottery pick or multiple first rounders on our current roster no matter how well they develop ?

I have it from a solid source that he was all set to pick Cuse until one of his relatives was let out of prison early on directive from the governor, giving him 1 week furlough to convince him to pick Kentucky over other schools. The governor promised to commute his sentence if he could direct him to the cats.
...damn he got game

personally I think we need to completely refocus our recruiting targets and go after lower upside players with higher floors who actually know how to play and can handle / pass / play multiple positions, sort of how an upper tier mid major would recruit. however these types of players are generally not the type to fit well in the zone D. once again, slave to the zone.

personally I think we need to completely refocus our recruiting targets and go after lower upside players with higher floors who actually know how to play and can handle / pass / play multiple positions, sort of how an upper tier mid major would recruit. however these types of players are generally not the type to fit well in the zone D. once again, slave to the zone.
Strange take, seeing as how they came to us with interest because of how they felt he would fit in our system.

Strange take, seeing as how they came to us with interest because of how they felt he would fit in our system.
I think he was making a general statement, not one specific to Isaiah

Doesn't this describe Buddy/Marek/Eli/Girard/Goodine?

Doesn't this describe Buddy/Marek/Eli/Girard/Goodine?

I haven’t seen enough of the new guys yet but I’d say no to marek and buddy... Elijah maybe .. but then we ask him to do waaay too much

I think the two players we did get proves recruiting is getting back on track. Mid-major recruiting styles will leave us in the bottom half of the league in most years.

We watched last year a team with no top 100’s make the final 4. You can do without them if you have enough talent

Also watched like 300 of those teams not make it.

not sure kadary fits with the "low upside" part of the equation
not sure about some others, either, but particularly kadary

Added him because of multifaceted angle

Like I mentioned in another post, not many colleges will be getting 5 star guys by '21 as they'll be going straight to the NBA. One of the mocks for '20 shows 12 freshman who likely would have gone right into the draft. And that doesn't count the guys going to the G-league or who are not projected as 1st rounders. The days of ultra studs spending a year in college are pretty much done after '20. Let's see how good Duke, UK, UNC, and Kansas are at "getting guys to the league" when they have to actually evaluate, project, and develop players that aren't already NBA ready.

It will equal the playing field but not as much as some think. True the 12 best players will go pro, but Duke,UK,UNC and Kansas will still get most of the next best available players. The players they end up with will still be rated better than everyone else gets. Just not as dominating as the ones they have been used to.

Ahhh tough loss. Good luck at Kentucky. I can't read the last 10 pages or so as I'm sure they are about Kentucky's bag man and lots of sour grapes.
you'd be surprised.

Not sure I would say we want to recruit like a mid major. But what you describe is pretty much how Mike Brey and Notre Dame recruit—and how we’ve been recruiting the past couple of cycles. Brey likes to “get old and stay old,” so you always have lots of experience on the roster with some higher level talent sprinkled in. Our problem is that we kept losing guys early to the draft—and earlier than we’d expected—and some of our players haven’t developed as quickly expected. ND had some injuries to their best guys and were more inexperienced the past couple of years, but I think they, along with us, will have a resurgence as we go forward.

I'm going to miss this thread, but I think its time to lock her up.

This thread isn't about Hillary! But Joking aside:

Why? I thought that only happens when UConn beats us for someone? Nobody is making anyone read it. It's not like there are any other recruits in this class that the thread is stealing viewers from, and it's creating traffic for the site...or any other thread that will be like it a for a very long time. Why not let it die a natural death instead of demanding it be euthanized?

I mean a fan favorite like Dasher wouldn't have gotten to share some insight that plenty of us likely had no idea about, if the iron fist had listened to you. #FreeIJ

This thread isn't about Hillary! But Joking aside:

Why? I thought that only happens when UConn beats us for someone? Nobody is making anyone read it. It's not like there are any other recruits in this class that the thread is stealing viewers from, and it's creating traffic for the site...or any other thread that will be like it a for a very long time. Why not let it die a natural death instead of demanding it be euthanized?

I mean a fan favorite like Dasher wouldn't have gotten to share some insight that plenty of us likely had no idea about, if the iron fist had listened to you. #FreeIJ
Not for nothing, but I’m in the “lock it up”camp. Just seems a bit creepy, and
stalker-ish, to still be ruminating over some silly young man’s bad decision.
He didn’t pick us...his loss, and fare thee well. Now get off our lawn! :cool:

Last edited:
what could of been...Frank does remind me a lot of him though. IJ just seems to have been working on his midrange/outside game a bit lately. Old wounds... :(

what could of been...Frank does remind me a lot of him though. IJ just seems to have been working on his midrange/outside game a bit lately. Old wounds... :(

LOL! salt in the wound...Frank is nowhere close to him in ball skills. He is close in athleticism though and is bigger than IJ.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom