Class of 2020 - PF Isaiah Jackson (MI/SpireAcademyOH) to Kentucky | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 PF Isaiah Jackson (MI/SpireAcademyOH) to Kentucky

This guy writing the article is supposed to be a recruiting expert? He sounds very ill informed

Yeah, I don’t know how they do it.
giphy.gif

From the article:
“In addition to Kentucky and Alabama, Syracuse is the other school that was part of Jackson’s recent cutdown to three schools, though the Orange haven’t gotten any real buzz to this point.”

I mean, if Cal really wants him, it might be a tough pull to land him. But no buzz for Cuse? Maybe because our coaches aren't loudmouths who blab to every fake recruiting “guru” out there.

Last edited:
I am a huge Cuse fan but I don't blame kids wanting to go to Duke or UK over us. Think about it. We have been trending on being a bubble team year over year for the past 5 years. Unless that changes and we can be consistently in the top 4 in the ACC then I don't see us competing for top talent against these blue bloods.

This program has become stale. We have had some nice tourney runs in the past 5 years but regular season play has been brutal to watch.

I hope IJ picks us and makes an immediate impact to our program that builds some momentum for us on the recruiting trail.

Right now, with the level of talent we have been recruiting, we cannot compete with the big boys in the ACC or in the country.

Our past recruiting class was a nice haul but it was a nice haul of 3* four year guys (Edwards, JBA, JG3) and a couple of high potential guys (Quincy, Goodine). None of them I feel are game changers right away. To be competing with the big boys we need a couple of high 4* recruits and 1 5* recruit to compete with these guys. Even JB has mentioned in the recent past, that we just don't have the talent to compete with the big boys.

It is just sad how we are no longer a destination for top recruits. We are a fall back plan at best for the blue chippers out there.

Ah Cal’s getting directly involved.

Experience ha$ taught me not to get my hope$ up when thi$ occur$.

yup. If Cal wants him, he will get him over SU and Alabama.

I am a huge Cuse fan but I don't blame kids wanting to go to Duke or UK over us. Think about it. We have been trending on being a bubble team year over year for the past 5 years. Unless that changes and we can be consistently in the top 4 in the ACC then I don't see us competing for top talent against these blue bloods.

This program has become stale. We have had some nice tourney runs in the past 5 years but regular season play has been brutal to watch.

I hope IJ picks us and makes an immediate impact to our program that builds some momentum for us on the recruiting trail.

Right now, with the level of talent we have been recruiting, we cannot compete with the big boys in the ACC or in the country.

Our past recruiting class was a nice haul but it was a nice haul of 3* four year guys (Edwards, JBA, JG3) and a couple of high potential guys (Quincy, Goodine). None of them I feel are game changers right away. To be competing with the big boys we need a couple of high 4* recruits and 1 5* recruit to compete with these guys. Even JB has mentioned in the recent past, that we just don't have the talent to compete with the big boys.

It is just sad how we are no longer a destination for top recruits. We are a fall back plan at best for the blue chippers out there.
When has syracuse ever had blue chips lined up though? I feel like we've always done well a tier below blue blood recruiting. Not to say that I've been enamored with every class recently, but it appears we are going after skilled players instead of just lanky lately.

Not a good development if Cal is all fired up to close. Also don't love the time between now and the Bama visit, even though there is chatter they are out. Too much cool off between his cuse visit and the decision. This one is going to be hard to close I fear.

Last edited:

Do you own a sneaker company by any chance?

Not a good development if Cal is all fired to close. Also don't love the time between now and the Bama visit, even though there is chatter they are out. Too much cool off between his cuse visit and the decision. This one is going to be hard to close I fear.

I have no inside info here, but Cal is also adept at slow playing kids while they try to close on their primary targets.

I’d say the UVA opener. The Dome should be loud for that game, with a good crowd. Our “Orange Madness” event is embarrassing compared to what other big time programs do.
I met Battle, Brissett and Boeheim last year. The kids got pictures with them all and otto for free. This is dramatic. Everyone had a GREAT time. What is embarrassing is this take.

Hey man...why don’t you just control-c this post and save it and post it again every day. Saves your fingers and your brain from having to come up with new schtick every day!

I met Battle, Brissett and Boeheim last year. The kids got pictures with them all and otto for free. This is dramatic. Everyone had a GREAT time. What is embarrassing is this take.
It’s nice that you and the kids had a great time, as I’m sure most of the crowd does. But when you’re a big time recruit and you see what Duke, Kentucky, and others do for their season opening events - our Orange Madness is not anywhere close to the same level. Think about this from the mindset of a recruit today - most of these high ranked kids like the spectacles and pulling out all the stops.

That guy isn’t no national expert or anything hes just a Kentucky writer so he’s got the ugly blue checkered glasses on. Plus with Alabama also being an SECHEAT school he’s gonna say syracuse is the only one with no buzz because SEC schools are really intimate together

It’s nice that you and the kids had a great time, as I’m sure most of the crowd does. But when you’re a big time recruit and you see what Duke, Kentucky, and others do for their season opening events - our Orange Madness is not anywhere close to the same level. Think about this from the mindset of a recruit today - most of these high ranked kids like the spectacles and pulling out all the stops.
While I agree it is a fun time and that it isn’t YHE best madness out there, a lot of schools have really simmered down on theirs as well. It’s just not that big of deal compared to back when practice dd actually started at midnight that day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom