Class of 2020 - PF Isaiah Jackson (MI/SpireAcademyOH) to Kentucky | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 PF Isaiah Jackson (MI/SpireAcademyOH) to Kentucky

Hey man...why don’t you just control-c this post and save it and post it again every day. Saves your fingers and your brain from having to come up with new schtick every day!

Sometimes it takes a few times before people truly understand the picture without the shades of Orange.

Hope we get this kid but what he said has a ton of truth.

I have no inside info here, but Cal is also adept at slow playing kids while they try to close on their primary targets.
Cal is the master at this and this is exactly what is going on in this scenario...although maybe he really wants Isaiah even more then most of us think if hes personally visiting him not long after his visit with us. Kinda worries me but hopefully Isaiah and his parents can see through the act. I'm going to be petty and say I'd love for our staff to pull this one off just for the optics of such a big recruiting win against the best out there. Also hes exactly the type of player we need and a kid that can really help our program.

I think we have a strong chance here. UK has PF Lance Ware on board and are still going hard after 5* PF Isaiah Todd.

Jackson knows how strong the fit is at SU
That’s the thing. there’s gonna be another 2-3 PFs on the UK roster including 5 star talent. That could sway him here.

updated article with some good quotes from his dad and a timeline for commitment. Wants to get it done asap after his bama visit. Hope we pull this one off but I think UK is going to be though to beat here.

What did his dad say about UK?

updated article with some good quotes from his dad and a timeline for commitment. Wants to get it done asap after his bama visit. Hope we pull this one off but I think UK is going to be though to beat here.

Sounds awful for Alabama and Cuse.

The Todd scenario is interesting, its likely going to come down to UNC and UK but he hasn't visited either school yet that I have seen. I don't think he's going to commit with out taking a visit first so his recruitment might drag out a bit and if IJ is deciding sometime shortly after the 'Bama visit then I doubt Todd will likely decide before then. Here's hoping that Todd feels a little pressure to schedule that visit to UK with in the next couple of weeks

Sounds awful for Alabama and Cuse.

actually I think it sounds fine for us. family is taking the thoughtful approach and citing the selling points of each team. Kentucky has more professional players than we do. Nothing we can do about that and it is true. family atmosphere stronger at Cuse and nothing Kentucky can do about that. All about where the kid feels he fits best. Reagrdless, I took nothing away from that article that Kentucky is in better shape than us.

Cuse!

I mean people are already getting down? That article was great for us. Remember they reached out to us!

Article is great? Family is nice but I'd rather be described as the program that "gets players prepared to the next level". The only thing mentioned about us was our coach is legendary, we trap in the zone and we are like family. May be warm and fuzzy for you but when you're dealing with a kid wanting to play in the NBA the quotes about Kentucky should scare us.

I am a huge Cuse fan but I don't blame kids wanting to go to Duke or UK over us. Think about it. We have been trending on being a bubble team year over year for the past 5 years. Unless that changes and we can be consistently in the top 4 in the ACC then I don't see us competing for top talent against these blue bloods.

This program has become stale. We have had some nice tourney runs in the past 5 years but regular season play has been brutal to watch.

I hope IJ picks us and makes an immediate impact to our program that builds some momentum for us on the recruiting trail.

Right now, with the level of talent we have been recruiting, we cannot compete with the big boys in the ACC or in the country.

Our past recruiting class was a nice haul but it was a nice haul of 3* four year guys (Edwards, JBA, JG3) and a couple of high potential guys (Quincy, Goodine). None of them I feel are game changers right away. To be competing with the big boys we need a couple of high 4* recruits and 1 5* recruit to compete with these guys. Even JB has mentioned in the recent past, that we just don't have the talent to compete with the big boys.

It is just sad how we are no longer a destination for top recruits. We are a fall back plan at best for the blue chippers out there.
Tedious, tired, repetitive, tone-deaf.
Even those of us who can somewhat agree w/ your consistently and predictably negative take(s) on the state of the program, tire of the incessant need to reassert, what...that you’ve made your point?
Fine. You’re right. Now, for the sake of everything holy, Let. It. Go. Sheesh!

Worth the read regarding UKs recruiting targets, how many front court players they expect to sign (like 3 to 4) and some other tidbits. Another one not even giving us a chance and thinking its bama/uk...although at the end of the jackson part it did quote Corey Evan's as saying he didnt think anyone has a good feel as to where jackson is leaning and that his recruitment is fluid at this point.

Worth the read regarding UKs recruiting targets, how many front court players they expect to sign (like 3 to 4) and some other tidbits. Another one not even giving us a chance and thinking its bama/uk...although at the end of the jackson part it did quote Corey Evan's as saying he didnt think anyone has a good feel as to where jackson is leaning and that his recruitment is fluid at this point.

This was an interesting paragraph "It still seems likely that UK will add at least one graduate transfer to its group of 2020 (frontcourt) recruits, especially if both EJ Montgomery and Nick Richards depart Lexington after this season. Calipari won’t go into a season with an all-freshman frontcourt, so UK will surely be monitoring possible grad transfer bigs to bolster the 2020-21 roster."

So they already have 1 PF signed and IF both Montgomery and Richards go pro (if not they would obviously be ahead of IJ for playing time) then they will bring in a Grad transfer, who is going to take a significant amount of available time. Either way your competing with 2 other people at your position, one of which will be a starter, for playing time and at best are coming off the bench for whatever minutes you can get as a freshman IF you can beat out Lance Ware. Sounds a bit sub-optimal to me.

This was an interesting paragraph "It still seems likely that UK will add at least one graduate transfer to its group of 2020 (frontcourt) recruits, especially if both EJ Montgomery and Nick Richards depart Lexington after this season. Calipari won’t go into a season with an all-freshman frontcourt, so UK will surely be monitoring possible grad transfer bigs to bolster the 2020-21 roster."

So they already have 1 PF signed and IF both Montgomery and Richards go pro (if not they would obviously be ahead of IJ for playing time) then they will bring in a Grad transfer, who is going to take a significant amount of available time. Either way your competing with 2 other people at your position, one of which will be a starter, for playing time and at best are coming off the bench for whatever minutes you can get as a freshman IF you can beat out Lance Ware. Sounds a bit sub-optimal to me.
If they change their minds and decide to wait until spring, then I think we’re done. But if they want to end this soon, we are in good shape.

The Todd scenario is interesting, its likely going to come down to UNC and UK but he hasn't visited either school yet that I have seen. I don't think he's going to commit with out taking a visit first so his recruitment might drag out a bit and if IJ is deciding sometime shortly after the 'Bama visit then I doubt Todd will likely decide before then. Here's hoping that Todd feels a little pressure to schedule that visit to UK with in the next couple of weeks
I don’t think Todd plays a minute of college ball tbh

Stop putting all your trust and faith into Kentucky writers and their articles which will clearly push the Kentucky narrative, just like you shouldn’t get too excited about an article from a Syracuse writer. Like some of this is just common sense but that is lacking in 2019 so it’s not Surprising either.

Does it ever get weird logging in and out as different accounts to agree with yourself?

Does it ever get weird knowing everything and nothing at the same time?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom