Class of 2020 - PF Isaiah Jackson (MI/SpireAcademyOH) to Kentucky | Page 40 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 PF Isaiah Jackson (MI/SpireAcademyOH) to Kentucky

That is a great use of assets by Bama.

If he had his duck with him...he gone for sure. ;):)

1572101333460.png

Attachments

• 1572101164608.png
    1572101164608.png
    115.9 KB · Views: 8
I have no inside knowledge whatsoever, but my gut is telling me this isn’t trending our way.

I have no inside knowledge whatsoever, but my gut is telling me this isn’t trending our way.
Well, that's not unreasonable when the player is visiting another school, otherwise that school really needs to get things together.

But look, this is a player and family that has been very deliberate and specific about what they're looking for and who can provide it to them. They've said they're taking some time after the visits to make their choice. So far, they've done nothing to suggest that they're deviating from that. Honestly, it's cool seeing such a clear timeline and strategy. It leads me to believe whatever they pick, they're making the right choice. Maybe that's us and maybe it's not, but there's no reason to fret right now.

Obviously this would be a great late get.
I think we turn the Saban angle to our advantage by mentioning how SU groomed Coach Saban and gave him his start when he was an assistant at SU. And then we decided to, "cut him loose and move in a another direction."

Derrick Coleman > Nick Saban

When he toured the Carmelo Anthony Center he was talking basketball in a basketball facility with basketball lifers. I am sure meeting Nick Saban is a great honor for Mr. Jackson, but why would anyone make a basketball decision based on what the Football coach said?

Clearly there has been momentum with every visit. Have to figure everyone is riding the expectation that the final visit and the momentum that goes with means Bama is the likely winner.

Following this recruitment to date, if he takes time after the visit to make his decision, I think we would very much still have just as good of a shot.

On another note, if I am a recruit's parent, you better darn well believe I am asking for a little time and a picture with Saban.

Well, that's not unreasonable when the player is visiting another school, otherwise that school really needs to get things together.

But look, this is a player and family that has been very deliberate and specific about what they're looking for and who can provide it to them. They've said they're taking some time after the visits to make their choice. So far, they've done nothing to suggest that they're deviating from that. Honestly, it's cool seeing such a clear timeline and strategy. It leads me to believe whatever they pick, they're making the right choice. Maybe that's us and maybe it's not, but there's no reason to fret right now.

Very thoughtful and measured take. I hate it.

Like I said Bama is taking football dollars to take basketball to the next level so this relationship between the 2 programs is only going to get bigger. These up and coming programs will leverage others succcess to kickstart their programs

Like I said Bama is taking football dollars to take basketball to the next level so this relationship between the 2 programs is only going to get bigger. These up and coming programs will leverage others succcess to kickstart their programs

is Bama fully back in this? Couple weeks ago there was some chatter they were totally out (other than him visiting there)

I think you’re overstating this. Bama has been funneling their SEC Network and football dollars to the basketball program for years. This isn’t anything new. Avery Johnson wasn’t able to make it work in his favor enough to avoid getting canned—and he had an NBA pedigree. Maybe Oats will do better. We’ll see.

I think you’re overstating this. Bama has been funneling their SEC Network and football dollars to the basketball program for years. This isn’t anything new. Avery Johnson wasn’t able to make it work in his favor enough to avoid getting canned—and he had an NBA pedigree. Maybe Oats will do better. We’ll see.

Yeah and Anthony Grant was a hot name before him. They’ve been taking swings at this for a while.

i bet having all those football legends bigfooting the hoopsters is a negative more often than a positive recruiting ploy

nah, its just having a good time on a visit. thats what ppl do there on a saturday. That being said, as others have pointed out, hes a bball recruit and i doubt the fball angle is really that much of a strength. when ij and his family sit down to make a decision, list out the pros and cons of each, i doubt the strong fball program makes the list.

why has this thread evolved so much. Someone before said bama was out when he still had a visit there. Thats a ridiculous and irrational take, even if it came from a good source. Now hes having a good time on his visit (id hope so unless hes an ass), quinnerlys waiver gets denied (lol take), and ppl are throwing in the towel.

the only negative i think is were not getting much love from the Gurus but they seemingly admit not having a strong feeling. Ill stick w it being uk because they get these type of kids but well see.

I hope they get a chance to get off campus and talk to some of the locals. When I first moved to Alabama I couldnt understand half the people...I called it banjo mouth. I literally wasnt sure it was english. I could make out 1 of every 3-4 words and try to piece together what they were trying to say...and likewise they looked at me like in deer in the headlights because I talked so fast

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom