Class of 2020 - PF Isaiah Jackson (MI/SpireAcademyOH) to Kentucky | Page 47 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 PF Isaiah Jackson (MI/SpireAcademyOH) to Kentucky

Well the momentum shifted to Uconn after he visited there, and we’re about two weeks out from Mid-November as it is.

That being said if something crazy happens like he decides to visit SU again I’ll be losing my mind with everyone else.
Fair enough. But I’m more intrigued By the fact that SU is an afterthought to the “gurus”, despite reassurances from trusted board sources. At the very least, our guys are saying “ we’re still very much in this”, whereas the gurus are totally dismissive of our chances.
Maybe it’s my orange-tinted glasses at play, but when the experts can’t give definitive statements, then my money will stay w/ our guys. JMHO

My one concern is that I think this staff always thinks they are in better shape than they are.
This is my concern as well. The staff felt they had a great chance with Isaiah Stewart right til the end, when according to my source close to that recruitment Cuse really wasn’t in the final conversation. The recruiting pundits echoed that sentiment.

No “expert” knows what’s going on here. I can say that with 100 percent certainty. Family wants SU from what I’m hearing. On their visit, SU has other players parents in town letting them know how much of a family this program truly is within the support of the community. I got to meet a couple of those parents and they were pushing this element hard with Jackson’s. If he decides to go elsewhere it will be Bc it’s what IJ truly wanted which you can’t blame a kid but he’s getting lots of support for SU from what I’m hearing

No “expert” knows what’s going on here. I can say that with 100 percent certainty. Family wants SU from what I’m hearing. On their visit, SU has other players parents in town letting them know how much of a family this program truly is within the support of the community. I got to meet a couple of those parents and they were pushing this element hard with Jackson’s. If he decides to go elsewhere it will be Bc it’s what IJ truly wanted which you can’t blame a kid but he’s getting lots of support for SU from what I’m hearing

I really hope that something like what was happening on Twitter with a certain player's parent doesn't end up problematic given the family element with IJ.

Thats an easy spin -
your kid is a Top 25 recruit; he won’t be the 12th man in a 9 man rotation.
Exactly. This kid and the family knows he is going to be first rounder no matttter what after his first year so he wants to play where he wants and that’s really it. He doesn’t need UK to get drafted here. Hence why Bama is even in top 3

There’s only two recent picks by “experts”. One who is a known flipper and one who is pretty plugged in. The rest still have MSU.

When Daniel’s makes his pick that’s when it’s real, at least imho

There’s only two recent picks by “experts”. One who is a known flipper and one who is pretty plugged in. The rest still have MSU.

When Daniel’s makes his pick that’s when it’s real, at least imho
The experts are drunk.

I'm not to sure this kid, no matter where he goes, is a 1 and done (which at the college level might be a good thing) . His Defensive game is very very impressive but I have not seen much from him on the offensive side of the ball that would say he can play at the next level, especially in the age of the stretch 4, yet.

For any interested in listening to a couple UK insiders talk about the Isaiah recruitment this is a decent listen. David Sisk has personally talked with Isaiahs dad numerous times and just as recent as this morning and he has some decent stuff to say. One of the UK Homers tries to push the idea of Cuse being out of it and he makes sure to say that All 3 are in a good spot and that we are in it as much as anyone. Not a bad listen. Jackson stuff starts around 21:30 mark and theres some SU talk around 29ish mark. Definitely gives me some hope. He makes sure to say that if it didnt come directly from his dad or the kid then it's all ish.

i think ij is a one and done for sure.

The family seems to keep everything close to the vest, being very positive about each experience. None of the feedback from the visits seem to stick out more than others. Not sure if thats strategic or not. I think the fam is probably feeding all the coaches positive vibes, maybe because the decision hasnt been made, maybe for other reasons. Thats my belief on where bulldog’s info comes from so i wont get too excited about it. Either the kid is in or out. Uk usually gets these kids though.

Last edited:
IMO many around here are discounting Syracuse's chances.
Just because UK & Alabama are the "hot/talked about" schools from recruiting experts - guys that may not be as “plugged in” to Cuse like they are, say, Kentucky. I always go back to what the player/family says.

But if you think his visit here was just like the others, I think you're wrong.

For instance: when did you hear Jackson's dad say things like this (RE: Players on team) about the other visits...

"Elijah Hughes was Isaiah's player host during the visit, and the two got along very well. Wes noted the level of respect and character that not only Elijah had, but the entire team possessed as well.

"Those kids are very respectful," Wes Jackson said. "So it went well. Elijah Hughes was a great kid. Very mannerable. I can tell that all of those kids, character wise, are great kids."

Or, talk glowingly about the coach & HIS WIFE:

"“Coach [Jim] Boeheim and his wife are amazing people. I understood the greatness I was next to and took the opportunity to talk to him and pick his brain whenever I could.

His wife is one of the most genuine and beautiful people I have ever met in my life. I can say I see why he has had such longevity in the game. She deserves something from the NCAA along with coach."

OR, when have we heard things like this about other visits:

“The organization has a family environment...

I even met Tiana M from the women’s basketball team and her parents. It was a blessing to meet a strong young person like that. That was the most amazing part of the visit for me. She showed me how ‘family’ Syracuse really is.””

Lastly: he’s posted pics from other visits on IG. But not like after SU’s visit. Take a look at the pics on page 18 (?) - him & his family, all with huge smiles.

IDK... if he’s said or done these things after other visits then please let me know (seriously). But I think it’s only SU. And that gives me the warm & fuzzies.

(And: I purposefully edited out anything they said about actual basketball, or routine compliments of Boeheim. Stuff like that is routine for all visits.)

For any interested in listening to a couple UK insiders talk about the Isaiah recruitment this is a decent listen. David Sisk has personally talked with Isaiahs dad numerous times and just as recent as this morning and he has some decent stuff to say. One of the UK Homers tries to push the idea of Cuse being out of it and he makes sure to say that All 3 are in a good spot and that we are in it as much as anyone. Not a bad listen. Jackson stuff starts around 21:30 mark and theres some SU talk around 29ish mark. Definitely gives me some hope. He makes sure to say that if it didnt come directly from his dad or the kid then it's all ish.

It’s refreshing to know there’s still good media folks out there. Gotta give respect where it’s due for sure.

Exactly. This kid and the family knows he is going to be first rounder no matttter what after his first year so he wants to play where he wants and that’s really it. He doesn’t need UK to get drafted here. Hence why Bama is even in top 3
Bulldog I want to thank you for all the knowledge you’ve brought to the board on IJ. I would hope that you would ignore the negative things people might say about you or your sources and know that there are a lot more people like me that might not post as much but do appreciate what you say.
Now to my question. I’ve heard that IJ was going to make his decision really soon after the Bama visit. Do you expect it to be this week or will we need to wait a few weeks? Also if you if you had to guess now where do you think he goes and is it all really his choice or will his parents have a big say in his decision?

Bulldog I want to thank you for all the knowledge you’ve brought to the board on IJ. I would hope that you would ignore the negative things people might say about you or your sources and know that there are a lot more people like me that might not post as much but do appreciate what you say.
Now to my question. I’ve heard that IJ was going to make his decision really soon after the Bama visit. Do you expect it to be this week or will we need to wait a few weeks? Also if you if you had to guess now where do you think he goes and is it all really his choice or will his parents have a big say in his decision?
The family has said mid-November I think. Isn't there an article in this thread where they're quoted on that?

Zagoria posted that last week. But that was before the Bama visit and Bulldog’s comment has me thinking a decision could come sooner

the early signing period this year is nov. 13 through nov. 20, so if he's signing in the fall and wants to make a public announcement first, then within 2 weeks

I'm not to sure this kid, no matter where he goes, is a 1 and done (which at the college level might be a good thing) . His Defensive game is very very impressive but I have not seen much from him on the offensive side of the ball that would say he can play at the next level, especially in the age of the stretch 4, yet.

See Allen, Jarrett

Thanks for kind words. Not necessary but appreciated. I think it’s coming sooner than later as we get closer to the 13th. I think it’s going to be next week and so do a few others ;)

See Allen, Jarrett

Interesting comparison and that would have to be the route for him to ho 1st round, that said Allen is a bit bigger at 6'11 as compared to 6'9 and heavier at 230, which is significant.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom