Class of 2023 - PF Joseph "JP" Estrella (ME / Brewster) Offered | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 PF Joseph "JP" Estrella (ME / Brewster) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Syracuse only has to say one thing:

Nobody wanted Buddy out of high school and we got him a guaranteed NBA contract.

If anything else is needed:

Cole Swider was a bench warmer at Nova and we got him a guaranteed NBA contract.
Iowa can just say they got a top 300 kid into a top 10 NBA pick and also point to Luka Garza’s success in college.

Iowa can just say they got a top 300 kid into a top 10 NBA pick and also point to Luka Garza’s success in college.
Ah, but did they really? He was pretty good as a freshman and naturally got better as he got older, bigger, stronger, and more experienced. I think a lot of that was on him, not Fran.

Ah, but did they really? He was pretty good as a freshman and naturally got better as he got older, bigger, stronger, and more experienced. I think a lot of that was on him, not Fran.
In HS, Keegan Murray was top 350 and became the 4th pick in the draft. Luka Garza was top 150.

You don’t think coaching staffs in general help with player development and that these kids do it on their own?

I think Syracuse only has to say one thing:

Nobody wanted Buddy out of high school and we got him a guaranteed NBA contract.

If anything else is needed:

Cole Swider was a bench warmer at Nova and we got him a guaranteed NBA contract.

I'm not sure bragging about two way contracts when Iowa can show out Garza and Keegan is exactly the kind of trump card you are portraying here.

To be fair...Garza was a two way contract as well.
And not playing well last I knew...but to be honest I pretty much stop following after college as I do not follow the NBA

And not playing well last I knew...but to be honest I pretty much stop following after college as I do not follow the NBA
Detroit actually cut him at the end of the season. He was playing with Portland's summer league team.

Detroit actually cut him at the end of the season. He was playing with Portland's summer league team.
He really was a good college player, but never saw the athleticism it takes to make it pro.

It’s kind of surprising that the drive from my town here in Iowa (about an hour and 15 minutes west of Iowa City), to my hometown in NY (Jamestown area) is only about 11.5 hours.
I could do Syracuse to Coucil Bluffs in 16 hours (there does not appear to be any speed enforcement on route 80 after about Gary,IN.

Also Tenn. Don't sleep on them.
Agreed, sounds like he really liked Tenn. They did get PF commits from Cade Phillips and Awaka for 23' already though. Unless they are pushing that he'll be there 5? Which makes sense. The way they play I bet Julian Phillips ends up playing the 4 as well.

He doesn't much seem like a Tennessee player. Not saying that necessarily means anything, he could still be great there. Iowa, on the other hand, makes a lot of sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom