Class of 2023 - PF Joseph "JP" Estrella (ME / Brewster) Offered | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 PF Joseph "JP" Estrella (ME / Brewster) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could never discount Souther schools, especially South Eastern Conference, schools because of the boosters. Now, it's even more transparent with deep pocket NIL money. Going to see this more and more going forward for recruits imo.
Top kids will follow the money to the SEC, and not just to UK. Just like the top coaches are following the money to these schools as well.

Edit: Paging Adam Weitsman. Paging Adam Weitsman.

Last edited:
Screenshot_20220807-204356_Instagram.jpg

How about this for NIL advertising. "Estrellanate the scrap out of them!" With Upstate Schredding!

A 247 staff guy went on Iowa's site and said that it will be a top 3, with a commitment date set for early Sept. He then said that if he was a betting man that he thinks it will be Tennesse...
For those that don't use 247, this was a National reporter who made this comment and not someone affiliated with a school--said he thinks that all 3 schools are very close later in the thread. It sounds like the intel is that JP will cut his list to 3 tomorrow and then announce in September as he is very torn on where to go at the moment.

For those that don't use 247, this was a National reporter who made this comment and not someone affiliated with a school--said he thinks that all 3 schools are very close later in the thread. It sounds like the intel is that JP will cut his list to 3 tomorrow and then announce in September as he is very torn on where to go at the moment.
This is the time frame, where we can't fall too far behind in NIL monies.

He follows guys from Iowa too but who knows
True, was just looking at trends and looks like he just started following a bunch of our guys, which would make sense considering he just visited. Seems like he and Cole have had a prior connection so wonder if that helps us at all too.

JP went on Locked on Syracuse podcast again this morning. Very good information and I encourage everyone to listen. Sounds like we are in a good position. I like what I'm hearing, but keep in mind its a Syracuse podcast so its natural to boost up the program. He confirmed its a 3-way race. He said very encouraging things about the 2022 guys, which I'll post in the Summer Workout threads.

Link: ‎Locked On Syracuse - Daily Podcast On Syracuse Orange Football & Basketball: Another Interview with 4-Star Recruit JP Estrella! on Apple Podcasts

JP went on Locked on Syracuse podcast again this morning. Very good information and I encourage everyone to listen. Sounds like we are in a good position. I like what I'm hearing, but keep in mind its a Syracuse podcast so its natural to boost up the program. He confirmed its a 3-way race. He said very encouraging things about the 2022 guys, which I'll post in the Summer Workout threads.

Link: ‎Locked On Syracuse - Daily Podcast On Syracuse Orange Football & Basketball: Another Interview with 4-Star Recruit JP Estrella! on Apple Podcasts
He did say "when I get there . . . " Could have been a slip, could have been just talk.

Fingers crossed.

My opinion only, this kid is the most important piece of the puzzle for the 2023 class.
I agree, and I hope that Hima will be an effective center so that JP can primarily play at the forward position.

One gripe I have with the interview, and I say this respectfully because I like the podcast and the hosts, is that I hope SU podcast hosts work on asking questions in a positive, instead of negative, light when interviewing recruits. Lots of questions focused on how he felt about things that could be perceived as negative for SU, which means he'll walk away with negative things on his mind. Since the hosts are fans, I wish the show was used to further pitch him.

I've never interviewed someone for a show and I'm sure it's not easy, but as a litigation attorney I've had to learn the art of asking questions. The subject should walk away thinking exactly what you want him to think. Mind--- them into having the thoughts you want them to think. Spin negative questions in a positive light, so instead of asking if he's worried JB is going to retire, which you know he's worried about, ask how he feels about having an opportunity to be one of the last to play and learn from a legendary HOFer before he retires, and how he feels about potentially being able to go forward after his NBA career ends and tell everyone he played for the legendary JB before he hung it up. Then he'd be thinking about the biggest negative factor for SU in a positive way.

In any event, I appreciate the podcast and was excited to get the information from JP. Just saying this because I hope the shows can be used to help pitch high-end recruits in the future. Hope i don't sound unappreciative.

One gripe I have with the interview, and I say this respectfully because I like the podcast and the hosts, is that I hope SU podcast hosts work on asking questions in a positive, instead of negative, light when interviewing recruits. Lots of questions focused on how he felt about things that could be perceived as negative for SU, which means he'll walk away with negative things on his mind. Since the hosts are fans, I wish the show was used to further pitch him.

I've never interviewed someone for a show and I'm sure it's not easy, but as a litigation attorney I've had to learn the art of asking questions. The subject should walk away thinking exactly what you want him to think. Mind--- them into having the thoughts you want them to think. Spin negative questions in a positive light, so instead of asking if he's worried JB is going to retire, which you know he's worried about, ask how he feels about having an opportunity to be one of the last to play and learn from a legendary HOFer before he retires, and how he feels about potentially being able to go forward after his NBA career ends and tell everyone he played for the legendary JB before he hung it up. Then he'd be thinking about the biggest negative factor for SU in a positive way.

In any event, I appreciate the podcast and was excited to get the information from JP. Just saying this because I hope the shows can be used to help pitch high-end recruits in the future. Hope i don't sound unappreciative.
JP, your name is really Joe isn't it...ISN'T IT?! Where were you on the night of August 5th? You were at the Boeheim's, weren't you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom