Class of 2023 - PF Joseph "JP" Estrella (ME / Brewster) Offered | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 PF Joseph "JP" Estrella (ME / Brewster) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know i wear orange glasses but trying my best to be objective Syracuse is a perfect fit for JP. Jim and the guys have a long history of molding players like him into NBA picks. The supporting cast is in place for him to step into a role next season that is tailor made for his skills.
On the personal side his family will be able to see him play in person. He will get a great education and he will become one of the Syracuse family of players that is arguably as strong of a fraternity that exists in all of college sports.
Toss in the best and biggest fan base in college basketball and you have a perfect match.

Charlie Brown.png

Based on the previous page in this thread, I was hoping he was going to pull the trigger today. Hopefully I'm not misunderstanding things, but should I be celebrating?

All I know for sure is I have no idea where he will end up. 24/7 says Iowa. But we know how good prediction sites are. It is a good fit for us, I hope he sees it the same way. As old as I am I do remember being 17-18 and my decision making process. Not great. So we wait...and as all SU fans do, hope.

Get Estrella and Ducharme, and retain the 2022 guys who will have a year of experience under their belt, and we have a Top 25 team. Dangerous team that could string 6 games together in March-April. Add a 5-star in 2024 and we'll retake our rightful spot reigning over college basketball. Then with the program back, it's just a matter of continuing to get a mix of solid contributors and super stars.

You and me both
I’m gonna be honest, I never saw the allure some people got from the kids side of it as well. I’ve seen people say time and time again “they’re enjoying the process” but then you also see a lot of “I just want to get it over with”s and I think I would’ve been in that boat if I was a high level recruit.

I’m gonna be honest, I never saw the allure some people got from the kids side of it as well. I’ve seen people say time and time again “they’re enjoying the process” but then you also see a lot of “I just want to get it over with”s and I think I would’ve been in that boat if I was a high level recruit.
I always thought going to five different colleges as a high school junior and senior where they throw a big party in your honor would have been great!

Getting dozens of phone calls every day from recruiters not so much...

Every day, I visit this board and am extremely grateful that my career never depended on convincing or predicting what 17 year old kids will do.

Low key. It’s stressful. Can’t imagine doing it for a sport like basketball where so much money is on the line. The amount of times I think this exact thought is what sometimes makes me think about a career change.

Low key. It’s stressful. Can’t imagine doing it for a sport like basketball where so much money is on the line. The amount of times I think this exact thought is what sometimes makes me think about a career change.
Maybe try the C.I.A.?

Any word on when Ducharme plans to announce? I wonder if we push and get Ducharme's commitment soon, if it will help with landing JP? I assume they are friends as they will be teammates at Brewster Academy.

No set timetable for Reid, he said today before his senior season starts he plans to commit. From what I've been hearing, he's perhaps seeing if other offers/interest roll in.

I hope he comes to Syracuse. But is it worth the effort to go through all you have to do to get HS kids when we know 2000 names are going into the portal (I bet some of our players)? I think it might be too much effort. This isn't sour grapes it is just reality.

I hope he comes to Syracuse. But is it worth the effort to go through all you have to do to get HS kids when we know 2000 names are going into the portal (I bet some of our players)? I think it might be too much effort. This isn't sour grapes it is just reality.
Yes, absolutely worth it. All of those portal kids start out as a highschool player, and there are more highschool players/wider net to cast on talent. The portal is a nice way to shore up needs on the roster but there's no guarantee you get what you want out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom