Class of 2023 - PF Joseph "JP" Estrella (ME / Brewster) Offered | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 PF Joseph "JP" Estrella (ME / Brewster) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
idk… Sources are telling me he’s heading to Marist. He couldn’t help but pass up the chance to bring the Natty back to Harvard on the Hudson and make Rik Smits proud.
Lol

Years ago Jimmy played DC, Ellis and Owens together. Much better talent back then, Duncan really should have stayed.
That team really needed a point guard.

Cemented my eternal hatred of Kenny Anderson and Bobby Cremains. That's all we lacked, quality lead guard.

If Duncan had stayed, who knows. But Anderson taking a bag killed us.

Sooo got a couple bits on this recruitment.

The family is keeping this super close to the vest but a decision has not been made. Something might leak sooner but all three schools “feel good”.

According to a few AAU coaches, they are thinking Tenn.

From our coaches, they feel pretty good about this recruitment. They really zoned in on distance from family and playing time. Ol Jimbo has been going away from his usual “you can come in and compete” for his second straight recruit (Mintz was first in awhile!) and told JP he’ll start right away. TEN is pushing the NIL big time with him and his family, and recent drafting success (they’ve had recently success?? Too lazy to look it up) and Iowa is pressing the playing style and Luke Garza clone.

Yeah, definitely seems like it's down to SU, UT and Iowa. As I think I mentioned the other day, when I talked to a national analyst via social media around the time of JP's visit to SU, the analyst said the SU staff was cautiously confident. Obviously, no crystal balls as of yet for SU though.

The family is keeping this super close to the vest but a decision has not been made. Something might leak sooner but all three schools “feel good”.

From our coaches, they feel pretty good about this recruitment. They really zoned in on distance from family and playing time. Ol Jimbo has been going away from his usual “you can come in and compete” for his second straight recruit (Mintz was first in awhile!) and told JP he’ll start right away. TEN is pushing the NIL big time with him and his family, and recent drafting success (they’ve had recently success?? Too lazy to look it up) and Iowa is pressing the playing style and Luke Garza clone.
I have been worried about Tenn. I hope distance works in our favor here.

An AAU ref posts on the Tennessee fan page, and he said he's hearing from other AAU refs that he's leaning Tennessee.

I have been worried about Tenn. I hope distance works in our favor here.
The UT board thinks he is going there. The Iowa board thinks he is going there. And I think most here think he is going to Syracuse.

He has done a nice job saying positive things about all the schools. He appears to have been raised right and taught to be kind to everyone. Even old people and dogs.

The one thing he always seems to stress when he talks as the key factor towards making the decision is the culture. Keeps talking about wanting a family environment. That appears to be VERY important to him.

He has talked about getting that family feeling a lot when discussing his Syracuse visits. I haven't seen him talk about it regarding the other schools.

Couple that with UT and Iowa being in places that are just about impossible to get to from Maine and I think our chances are pretty good.

Whatever he goes, I wish him success. He seems like a genuinely good kid who could even tolerate a couple of pretty obnoxious journos continuously asking him questions he didn't want to answer. All while stuck waiting for hours in an airport in Baltimore. I have been to that airport and it is not the place you want to doing a long interview. No offense to Bones or Klein, who did a decent job.

Maybe not the best place for this article but it gives great insight into what, specifically, Tennessee is doing in the NIL space:

Let's hope JP is being honest when saying it isn't a major factor in his decision making process.

How is it that fans of either Iowa or Tennessee can talk smack to Syracuse fans? They know the respective histories, right?

Maybe not the best place for this article but it gives great insight into what, specifically, Tennessee is doing in the NIL space:

Let's hope JP is being honest when saying it isn't a major factor in his decision making process.
JP will make significant NIL money at Syracuse. The Collective was just announced to be open. By the time JP arrives, the Collective will have a year under its belt and will be a well-oiled machine. Tons of businesses and people, perhaps including our very own billionaire super-fan, will want to make NIL deals with him.

In 2021-22, Syracuse, like tons of other schools, were behind the NIL leaders as they were navigating the new territory and being careful not to misstep. Still, at least one good basketball player made six figures - and that was on our first ever losing season. That number is going to be crushed by our star basketball players going forward. We have a massive fan base, Cuse is NY's college team, and it's a basketball school. JP is a very highly rated recruit and will be a star. He's going to make a lot of money at Cuse.

It would be a shame if he selected a school like Tennessee based on NIL performance during a year when Cuse was trying to figure out what it could and couldn't do, instead of looking forward and realizing he'll get the same or perhaps a better deal at Cuse. He'll make tons of money, and then will go forward to play professional basketball.

JP will make significant NIL money at Syracuse. The Collective was just announced to be open. By the time JP arrives, the Collective will have a year under its belt and will be a well-oiled machine. Tons of businesses and people, perhaps including our very own billionaire super-fan, will want to make NIL deals with him.

In 2021-22, Syracuse, like tons of other schools, were behind the NIL leaders as they were navigating the new territory and being careful not to misstep. Still, at least one good basketball player made six figures - and that was on our first ever losing season. That number is going to be crushed by our star basketball players going forward. We have a massive fan base, Cuse is NY's college team, and it's a basketball school. JP is a very highly rated recruit and will be a star. He's going to make a lot of money at Cuse.

It would be a shame if he selected a school like Tennessee based on NIL performance during a year when Cuse was trying to figure out what it could and couldn't do, instead of looking forward and realizing he'll get the same or perhaps a better deal at Cuse. He'll make tons of money, and then will go forward to play professional basketball.
Yeah, I bet Weitsmann, now that he has a legal avenue, will help a ton.

Maybe Stephen King can offer him an NIL deal?

Yeah, I bet Weitsmann, now that he has a legal avenue, will help a ton.
Exactly. Weitsman said himself he wants to spend his money on NIL to make sure Cuse gets blue chip basketball recruits, he was just waiting to get cleared by Compliance, which probably happened now that we have a collective.

How many schools have a billionaire super-fan who wants to spend his money on NIL?

Exactly. Weitsman said himself he wants to spend his money on NIL to make sure Cuse gets blue chip basketball recruits, he was just waiting to get cleared by Compliance, which probably happened now that we have a collective.

How many schools have a billionaire super-fan who wants to spend his money on NIL?
I bet he would love to see his buddy win one more championship before he hangs it up.

Wonder how Tenny is pushing NIL? They just got in trouble recently so I wouldn’t be surprised if they are outright offering him NIL money which is illegal with a recruit.

The collective is just becoming public now, its been open.

Iowa, i could understand given the supposed connection to McCaffrey.

However, I do not understand Tennessee even if their NIL package is real good. I can’t remember many players that stay more than a year there. They tend to leave because of coaching, playing time and other miscellaneous nuances. I worked/lived in the Knoxville area for three years. They truly love their football teams but basketball seem to be a fill-in interest for them. It is a real nice university with a large community and local business support.

I would say that Syracuse with its closer proximity to home (than the others), the sports management concentration/program and the perceived team togetherness would be a better environment for JP.

He and his family have to weigh everything together to make their decision on where he will go to college

People noticed the younger brother wearing a Cuse hat on his official visit. Instagram pics show that the younger brother did not go on the trips to Iowa or Tenn. Proximity to home/family could be what seals the deal in the end.

Iowa, i could understand given the supposed connection to McCaffrey.

However, I do not understand Tennessee even if their NIL package is real good. I can’t remember many players that stay more than a year there. They tend to leave because of coaching, playing time and other miscellaneous nuances. I worked/lived in the Knoxville area for three years. They truly love their football teams but basketball seem to be a fill-in interest for them. It is a real nice university with a large community and local business support.

I would say that Syracuse with its closer proximity to home (than the others), the sports management concentration/program and the perceived team togetherness would be a better environment for JP.

He and his family have to weigh everything together to make their decision on where he will go to college
Between the home games and playing in NYC often and playing at BC just about every year, that would give the family 20-25 opportunities to go to his games every year.

Weitsman is in the business of making boatloads of money and showing it off on Instagram not blowing millions to help a college basketball team that, in reality, he probably doesn’t care about all that much. I’m sure someone will argue otherwise but I think he likes being buddies with JB and bringing famous people to the games more than he actually cares about how the team does. It’s a side hobby not a passion thing like it is for other boosters at Syracuse and elsewhere.

If he wanted to play the NIL game he would have been doing it already. But it’s fun to think that he might do otherwise.

He’s most certainly not a billionaire lol he would’ve figured out how to help by now if he cared to

He’s most certainly not a billionaire lol he would’ve figured out how to help by now if he cared to
“Adam Weitsman net worth is estimated to be around $1.2 Billion. Adam is a businessman, entrepreneur and philanthropist based in America. He is the CEO of Upstate Shredding – Weitsman Recycling.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom