Class of 2023 - PF Joseph "JP" Estrella (ME / Brewster) Offered | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 PF Joseph "JP" Estrella (ME / Brewster) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
UConn just offered. Screw hurley
I'm no fan of UConn, but I can understand why a kid would be interested in going there. But, I have no idea why any kid would want to play for Danny Hurley. He is a freaking psycho.

I'm no fan of UConn, but I can understand why a kid would be interested in going there. But, I have no idea why any kid would want to play for Danny Hurley. He is a freaking psycho.
I have been to a number of northeast campuses. UConn ...meh!

I have been to a number of northeast campuses. UConn ...meh!
I have not been there, but I have heard their mac and cheese is second to none. But, a New England kid, I can understand the interest, but Hurley is just a cartoon character.

247 updated the Bball rankings.
He's 67th in 247s rankings, and 116th in the composite. Currently he's a 3 star.

Why did people think this was happening to begin with?

Our recruiting continues to be mediocre. Just like the product on the court.

For being the first to offer, and reportedly ramping up Estrella's recruitment lately, SU's position is curious with no set OV in the works. Would have expected at least a mention of it.

Gotta land that 5th OV!
He’s already visited Syracuse twice and we were his first D1 offer. Cole Swider chose Nova out of high school without ever taking an “official” visit. Cole had already visited there a number of times and had a good relationship with the staff, so he took his officials, including to Cuse, to places he hadn’t been. Considering our position and our coaches’ well-developed relationship with JP, you have to assume Syracuse will be a true finalist and likely among Estrella’s top 3. However, who knows if we can beat out Duke. I think it’ll depend on who else they’re recruiting at his position in his class.

It seems he’s developed a good relationship with Autry and SU. Let’s hope our early contact helps us in his recruitment. Sounds like a perfect big forward for us.
Are we coming with a portfolio of previously negotiated NIL deals worth over $1,000,000?

Do we have somebody whose only role is to generate revenue for our players/recruits?

Hypothetically, if you loved Syracuse basketball your whole life, loved the coaching staff, campus and playing time situation... Would you still go play for free tuition at Syracuse rather than become a millionaire at 18, playing for Duke?

Me neither. Syracuse is going to be an also ran sooner rather than later if we don't solve our lack of visible effort at legally getting money to these kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom