Class of 2023 - PF Joseph "JP" Estrella (ME / Brewster) Offered | Page 44 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 PF Joseph "JP" Estrella (ME / Brewster) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m on my knees for a player like JP. Still frustrated we couldn’t get Clingan after being his first offer. Would be great to see a stretch 4/5 who can actually shoot the ball in this system.

The analysts are just making guesses, just like everyone else. At this point, I wouldn’t put much stock in their predictions, which they can still change up until the last minute. See: Mintz, Judah.
Yeah, I agree. Although Branham and Shaw are usually highly accurate, but Shaw did have Mintz to DePaul, whereas Branham was the first to have Mintz to SU.

I think we still have a good shot with JP. We are not a hot school and it seems like most recruiting "experts" tend to bet against us. If I were an "expert" and not an SU fan, judging by our recruitment misses of late, if I had to pull a prediction out of you know where, I'd be picking one of the other schools. This could be Mintz all over again.

I have zero doubt that JP or his parents have asked JB what his coaching intentions are.
Yeah that’s OK the public perception is what it is. If you want to do what’s right for the program he should announce that publicly

Rambo Lionsgate GIF by Rambo: Last Blood

CUSE has missed on a handful of "bigs" the last 2 years.
Mintz chose Cuse because the word is JB lets the guards play.
I don't know that we can compare the recruiting of these positions
as being "even steven".

Tenn is what they are but they play an exciting brand of basketball and were a pretty high seed in the NCAAs. We are who we are. Pretty mediocre.
Yep, the program has performed below expectations for awhile now. Its starting to take its toll. I don’t see this year being better but hope I am wrong. Players don’t want to play for a mediocre team. They want to play for a winning team. That’s the main problem. Not necessarily JB’s age or status.

JB either needs to perform or retire. Its black and white and the clock is ticking.

Correct. The collectives, corporations or SMB's are directed. Trust me the schools know how much money is available to spend are directing it and are making sure all the legal, accounting work is taken care of so the kids are not responsible. The kids just get a direct deposit. Legally the schools cant be involve or touch anything, but the collectives are typically run by boosters that have close ties to school Admins and ADs. Whats happenng now is ex-school employees are working or helping to organize the collectives. It's an arms length transaction and IMO not in the spirit of college sports...
Well, since boosters are still not permitted to recruit that might be how it happens at the handful of schools currently under the compliance microscope.

Now if we are talking retention, that is EXACTLY how collectives operate. Rumored transfer candidates that end up
staying at their current school anecdotally provide that evidence.

Yep, the program has performed below expectations for awhile now. Its starting to take its toll. I don’t see this year being better but hope I am wrong. Players don’t want to play for a mediocre team. They want to play for a winning team. That’s the main problem. Not necessarily JB’s age or status.

JB either needs to perform or retire. Its black and white and the clock is ticking.

Agreed -- although there is still a segment of the fanbase that refuses to acknowledge this black and white, objective assessment.

Agreed -- although there is still a segment of the fanbase that refuses to acknowledge this black and white, objective assessment.

I almost wonder if JB would have retired by now but knows that program is down and wants to leave it on an upswing and thinks he’s the best man for the job. He can’t think the recent performance is acceptable though he basically sold a year to allow his sons to play an inordinate amount of minutes, which is unfortunate.

I almost wonder if JB would have retired by now but knows that program is down and wants to leave it on an upswing and thinks he’s the best man for the job. He can’t think the recent performance is acceptable though he basically sold a year to allow his sons to play an inordinate amount of minutes, which is unfortunate.
I don’t think it’s that calculated. I think he just doesn’t know anything else and wants to be the all time wins leader

I wonder if after he watched practice, he actually though our new guys were really good and didn’t see a chance for time. Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom