Class of 2023 - PF Joseph "JP" Estrella (ME / Brewster) Offered | Page 47 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 PF Joseph "JP" Estrella (ME / Brewster) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not for nothing, and it’s probably not feasible or practical, but I’d love if there was some sort of assessment done after every lost recruiting battle. Perhaps internally there’s already something in place, but it’d be fascinating to see the results from the kid’s perspective. Preferably involving a survey asking questions like; “What made you pick school A”? “Was there anything we could’ve done better”? ….Etc etc.
i mean I’m looking at this from purely a management assessment perspective, and the answers might not be what we want to hear, but it’s a good way of seeing where we are right now in terms of recruiting.
Obviously there is the 500lb gorilla in the room, but seeing as that’s not changing any time soon, these accountability tests might be helpful, no? Just spitballing here, guys- pls don’t crucify.
Not a terrible idea. You ever been on either side of an exit interview? Everyone lies it is the path of least resistance. It would be good feedback but...portal time! And I am pretty sure that is a good thing. JB is gone player will know the coach so maybe some decent talent.

Not a terrible idea. You ever been on either side of an exit interview? Everyone lies it is the path of least resistance. It would be good feedback but...portal time! And I am pretty sure that is a good thing. JB is gone player will know the coach so maybe some decent talent.
Haha ha. Yeah, I interview applicants/employees every week, both entrance and exit.
In exit interviews however, there is rarely any benefit to lying. I’ve stressed confidentiality and if we were to do this, it’d be important to point out that it’s not personal, just business. This is about quality, period.

Last edited:
I get the feeling JP knows JB won’t be back next year. During his visit, all the pictures were with the assistant coaches. JB was nowhere to be found. When he played golf, it was with Red, GMAC and some players. Once again, JB was invisible. This doesn’t sound like a coach who’s all in with recruiting. I hope JP is excited with a new coach next year.

I get the feeling JP knows JB won’t be back next year. During his visit, all the pictures were with the assistant coaches. JB was nowhere to be found. When he played golf, it was with Red, GMAC and some players. Once again, JB was invisible. This doesn’t sound like a coach who’s all in with recruiting. I hope JP is excited with a new coach next year.
Or it’s because JB makes the assistant coaches do all the recruiting work because he doesn’t want to and thinks the kid is going to commit because he’s a “legendary coach” and his “resume speaks for itself”

Love watching the gymnastics people perform to make excuses for someone who makes millions a year for the job hes supposed to do
JW loves JB. My two cents are that these guys are completely cool with each other. I don't think that Jim would do anything at this point to hurt SU. I'm sure the plan is solid and the fact that two kids that we would have landed in other years is a sign that Jim is done after this year

JB was injured. He hurt his back earlier in the week golfing and JP understood that.

JB was injured. He hurt his back earlier in the week golfing and JP understood that.
That makes me feel a lot better about the events that transpired. I hope he’s doing better and we can land JP. Reid would have been a nice addition, but we have options on the wing next year. We are involved with a couple of very good shooters in the class of 2024. There is no one that can do what JP can do. I think he can be a really special player in SU’s system. If Mintz goes pro after this year we will only have one point guard on the roster unless Symir comes back. I guess we’ll know in about 8 days.

Guess that’s why he didn’t golf and had Red do the tour.

Totally ruined this program because he wanted to stick around past expiration. No way Red or GMac can be hired now. This program needs some new blood and a shot of life.

Yup but I fear we won’t go outside first and this will get worse before it can get better unfortunately

Disappointed? Yes.
But nothing can take away those memories, that’s my point.
Melo, Hak, GMac, et al.
Sorry, no amount of retrograde enforcement can change that. JMHO
This point all day... I was in Faegans at the bar with a group of friends who had been out all day together. When Warrick blocked that shot, I leapt into the arms of the big dude next to me, who happened to be a complete stranger!

He didn't care or notice; he carried me in an embrace out the door into the riot on Marshall street. We had seriously goofy grins when we realized what happened. :)

I lost all my friends for the night in that moment, but I didn't care one bit. That was the best celebration of my life.

Nobody could take that away, just like JB's wins are stored in my heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom