Class of 2022 - PF Kyle Filipowski (MA) Offered | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PF Kyle Filipowski (MA) Offered

I’m happy the staff has pursued him given how much interest he has and I still think we have a very good chance to get him

We still have a chance. The five-star forward Mitchell just said he’ll decide by the end of the year and could go Duke. Duke will get Whitehead as the small forward, so Flip might have to beat out a five-star forward. They also might get Lively at center, who ESPN just moved all the way up to #10. Plus they’re in early with an offer to top ten 2023 big forward G.G. Jackson. Duke also has two five-star 6-5 guys coming in this year listed as shooting guards, including Griffin’s brother. Then if they get Whitehead at 6’6” they might have three five-star wings when Flip gets there. They can’t all play the 2 and at least one will be a 3. Flip would probably start every game for us.
Math checks out on this one. I’m buying it

We still have a chance. The five-star forward Mitchell just said he’ll decide by the end of the year and could go Duke. Duke will get Whitehead as the small forward, so Flip might have to beat out a five-star forward. They also might get Lively at center, who ESPN just moved all the way up to #10. Plus they’re in early with an offer to top ten 2023 big forward G.G. Jackson. Duke also has two five-star 6-5 guys coming in this year listed as shooting guards, including Griffin’s brother. Then if they get Whitehead at 6’6” they might have three five-star wings when Flip gets there. They can’t all play the 2 and at least one will be a 3. Flip would probably start every game for us.
Flip would be our centerpiece and potential legend. At Duke he would be Joey Beard...anyone remember him?

that would be a great class.

That will take time to figure out just like any other class we recruit. I was just commenting due to all of the buzz on this board throughout the cycle and this being a transformational class. If we miss on Flip and Starling the class will have two Top 100 per ESPN. If we get them then the class is on another level from the one I referenced earlier.

Remains to be seen. I'm in no way disparaging Copeland or Bunch, just want Flip and Starling based upon my own opinion.

I want this kid at Syracuse. Crossing fingers... and toes.

"Kyle Filipowski, C, Wilbraham & Molson Academy, NY Rens

New Rank:

Old Rank: 86

Recruitment: Filipowski has led a very busy recruitment the last month taking several unofficial and official visits to Ohio State, Syracuse, Indiana and Duke that started early this week. He will also be taking unofficial visits to UConn and Northwestern. Duke is his most recent offer and have arguably propelled themselves atop the race for the four-start big man but Ohio State, Syracuse and Indiana are all right there in the mix as well.

Why he rose: Filipowski took his extended time off in the shutdown to make a big jump in his development. He added ten- to 15-pounds and added to his advanced skillset for the position. He has good size for a big man at 6-foot-11, 230-pounds and is a good athlete for a prospect of his stature. He's mobile and has enough bounce to finish above the rim. What separates Filipowski as a prospect is his skillset for a big man. He can dribble, pass and shoot, a combination that you long to see in guards but he does at at the five spot. He has an impressive face-up game, can take the ball the length of the floor, makes shots on the perimeter and can really pass the basketball. Filipowski's blend of his size, athleticism and advanced skillset warranted the big leap."

So, not the Quadir Copeland thread, but looking at their updated rankings and Quadir is not in the top 150? There are always misses in these rankings, but wow.
I like Copeland's potential, but his current game does not justify the hype he receives here, IMO. I know I will be in the vast minority with that opinion, so take it with a large grain of salt. I was also the "genius" who thought Paul Harris was going to be way better than things turned out.

I like Copeland's potential, but his current game does not justify the hype he receives here, IMO. I know I will be in the vast minority with that opinion, so take it with a large grain of salt. I was also the "genius" who thought Paul Harris was going to be way better than things turned out.
I think most thought Paul Harris would turn out a lot better than he did.

Reactions: 007
But he’s going to blow up soon. I’ve read it hear multiple times so it must be true. ;)

Also Billy Owens.
Missed this.
1625073651230.gif

I think most thought Paul Harris would turn out a lot better than he did.
I had a chance to work with him in one of the summer camps before his Sr HS season. He was freakin awesome - could guard and take out anyone on the floor, including some elite talent in that class.

Back to Flip...he will be a difference maker wherever he signs.

But he’s going to blow up soon. I’ve read it hear multiple times so it must be true. ;)
I think its very reasonable to believe he is going to blow up with his move to IMG. He is now going to be the starting PG on a top 5 HS team in the country who play a national schedule. I don't think you can get much more exposure than at a school like IMG.

I want this kid at Syracuse. Crossing fingers... and toes.

"Kyle Filipowski, C, Wilbraham & Molson Academy, NY Rens

New Rank:

Old Rank: 86

Recruitment: Filipowski has led a very busy recruitment the last month taking several unofficial and official visits to Ohio State, Syracuse, Indiana and Duke that started early this week. He will also be taking unofficial visits to UConn and Northwestern. Duke is his most recent offer and have arguably propelled themselves atop the race for the four-start big man but Ohio State, Syracuse and Indiana are all right there in the mix as well.

Why he rose: Filipowski took his extended time off in the shutdown to make a big jump in his development. He added ten- to 15-pounds and added to his advanced skillset for the position. He has good size for a big man at 6-foot-11, 230-pounds and is a good athlete for a prospect of his stature. He's mobile and has enough bounce to finish above the rim. What separates Filipowski as a prospect is his skillset for a big man. He can dribble, pass and shoot, a combination that you long to see in guards but he does at at the five spot. He has an impressive face-up game, can take the ball the length of the floor, makes shots on the perimeter and can really pass the basketball. Filipowski's blend of his size, athleticism and advanced skillset warranted the big leap."

Had he been waiting for this offer or something? I get it, it's Duke. That said for it to be Duke and everyone else all the sudden just...uggh

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom