Class of 2022 - PF Kyle Filipowski (MA) Offered | Page 38 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PF Kyle Filipowski (MA) Offered

With all due respect, have you ever been wrong before?

I have some info about this recruitment and you have not yet proven anything with facts as to how the situation has changed in a month.

Again, you can think new offers mean less of a chance. That’s not a fact. That’s your opinion.

It doesn't matter to me whether you feel differently because of optimism.

Or that you're oblivious to the dynamics of recruiting, and have missed some of the signs.

Or that you don't believe that I, also, have some info about this recruitment. Zero interest in comparing credentials with respect to inside info.

None of that is going to change the eventual outcome. We'll see when this ultimately plays out to the inevitable conclusion -- that will be when my "opinion" gets proven. Our window has slipped, and we've seen the coaches cast a broader net with respect to bigs. That isn't coincidental.

And for the record, I disagree with what AZOrange suggested in another thread about Westry being our "best" recruit -- I believe that it is Filipowski, far and away. I would love for SU to land him, and believe [my OPINION only] that he is Anthony Davis-esque, and would have a similar impact on our program. In the extremely [putting it mildly] event that I'm wrong, I will gladly, GLADLY eat crow.

Last edited:
It doesn't matter to me whether you feel differently because of optimism.

Or that you're oblivious to the dynamics of recruiting, and have missed some of the signs.

Or that you don't believe that I, also, have some info about this recruitment. Zero interest in comparing credentials with respect to inside info.

None of that is going to change the eventual outcome. We'll see when this ultimately plays out to the inevitable conclusion -- that will be when my "opinion" gets proven. Our window has slipped, and we've seen the coaches cast a broader net with respect to bigs. That isn't coincidental.

And for the record, I disagree with what AZOrange suggested in another thread about Westry being our "best" recruit -- I believe that it is Filipowski, far and away. I would love for SU to land him, and believe [my OPINION only] that he is Anthony Davis-esque, and would have a similar impact on our program. In the extremely [putting it mildly] event that I'm wrong, I will gladly, GLADLY eat crow.
Your opinion is, if I put odds on it, likely to come true. No team has more than a 50% chance at this kid. As stated before, I don’t know that I’d even put SU as a favorite. But there’s still a chance he picks us.

So you’re taking the field over SU. Fine. But that doesn’t make it true that your opinion is fact. Not in the slightest.

Your opinion is, if I put odds on it, likely to come true. No team has more than a 50% chance at this kid. As stated before, I don’t know that I’d even put SU as a favorite. But there’s still a chance he picks us.

So you’re taking the field over SU. Fine. But that doesn’t make it true that your opinion is fact. Not in the slightest.

You're operating under the mistaken assumption that I'm basing this only on the external info about him getting blue chip offers, or crystal ball predictions. In fact [pun intended], the coaching staff recognized that this kid was a high major talent who might blow up. They pulled out all the stops recruiting him, and put us in a solid position to land him, but couldn't get him to pull the trigger before the summer camp circuit hit -- after which he inevitably blew up. It should come as no surprise that the likes of Duke / Kentucky offered, because that's the caliber of prospect Filipowski is. And my info that we aren't in a favorable position today, a month after his official visit, isn't based upon pessimism, as you're insinuating -- it's a reflection of what the coaching staff is feeling about their chances at this point.

Of course it isn't "fact" until he choses a school. When he does, it will be fact. The coaching staff has seen the writing on the wall for more than a week -- that's not an "opinion" -- and has responded accordingly.

When Flip lands at his eventual destination, feel free to revisit this subject.

Last edited:

The Peach Jam tournament, the premier high school basketball showcase event that annually attracts the best college prospects from around the country — and team sponsors like LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony and Russell Westbrook — is limping to Sunday’s finish line after players on at least five boys’ teams tested positive for the virus in recent days.

Among them are two prominent players from New York: Kyle Filipowski, a 6-foot-11 forward who is being heavily targeted by Duke and Kentucky among others, and J.J. Starling, a 6-foot-4 guard who is considering Syracuse, Stanford, Alabama, Connecticut and Notre Dame among a long list of suitors.

Filipowski, who had been one of the best players here, is one of four members of the New York Rens who were sidelined Wednesday because of positive tests, according to an official who was not authorized to speak publicly about the cases. Filipowski’s twin brother Matthew, a 7-foot-1 center, did play.

I don't mind that SU may not get this kid, but I do mind that it seems SU is giving up simply because
UK and their 9-16 record and Duke with a new coach are getting involved. There is no reason to
concede losing recruits to those programs right now.

I don't mind that SU may not get this kid, but I do mind that it seems SU is giving up simply because
UK and their 9-16 record and Duke with a new coach are getting involved. There is no reason to
tenor (2).gif

Are you surprised? That’s what we do.

Is there any evidence that our coaching staff is giving up? Or is it a case where our internet fans are giving up?

With all due respect what makes you think they are giving up? Is there any basis for that belief? Is it because they are so stupid to actually recruit other players in the event that he goes elsewhere? Is that giving up in your mind? Have you ever heard of quade green?

what have the coaches done to say they gave up?

Is there any evidence that our coaching staff is giving up? Or is it a case where our internet fans are giving up?
I believe it is the latter but with good reason historically. We don't always win recruiting battles but some losses sting more than others. Anyways -- yawn, I feel like this is the 15th time this argument has happened on this message board this summer alone.

Ever think it’s the recruit giving up on a school? Stop blaming the coaches

All the posters that think we can land every 5* guy we croot -
by
just try harder!!

…is also dating a supermodel. :rolleyes:

It doesn’t matter if the objects of their affection don’t share the attraction, or have a restraining order against them -
just try harder!!!

All the posters that think we can land every 5* guy we croot -
by
just try harder!!

…is also dating a supermodel. :rolleyes:

It doesn’t matter if the objects of their affection don’t share the attraction, or have a restraining order against them -
just try harder!!!

What do 'crootin and dating supermodels have in common?

You need a bigger bag.

Schools don't give up recruiting someone because of new offers. They give up recruiting someone (if they have indeed given upon Flip ...) because the interest isn't being reciprocated.

This is one guy (Jamie Shaw from Rivals). But talk about a jump in rankings for Flip.
Screenshot_20210724-201607_Instagram.jpg

For those that don't recognize the rest of his top 5 HS players in the country (from all classes).
1. Sharpe
2. Duren
3. Flip
4. Lively
5. Bates

What do 'crootin and dating supermodels have in common?

You need a bigger bag.
Andy Enfield says “what”?

With all due respect what makes you think they are giving up? Is there any basis for that belief? Is it because they are so stupid to actually recruit other players in the event that he goes elsewhere? Is that giving up in your mind? Have you ever heard of quade green?
This is the same group that thought we weren’t recruiting JJ Starling for 2 years

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom