Class of 2022 - PF Kyle Filipowski (MA) Offered | Page 37 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PF Kyle Filipowski (MA) Offered

Thats one thing that our staff does a excellent job at compared to other coaches. We recognize talent early on with a lot of these kids for many years now.
Sometimes I wish we could be the predator on the trails. Let all the other schools do the scouting and recruiting just to come in at the 11th hour and take who you want more or less. Must be nice

I mean how long does he intend to drag this out?
Sounds like Gonzaga is the only one left or other teams on the West Coast that haven’t been involved. I don’t see him going out to the West Coast with his family on the east coast. Kentucky might prey him away fro Duke but I still think it’s Duke inevitably

Sometimes I wish we could be the predator on the trails. Let all the other schools do the scouting and recruiting just to come in at the 11th hour and take who you want more or less. Must be nice

In many cases we are it's just a matter of not being the biggest one.

I think a big thing with this Syracuse regime and where they are now is that they have to work much harder to get the recruits they want. It’s tough to see Kentucky and duke come in late and swoop guys up, but we have to accept that’s how it’s going to be. Until su develops nba talent year after year, this will always be the case with some of these others programs they compete for recruits against.

Offering both brothers might bring mom and dad into the choice.Ask JB about having to travel to see his other son play. One in state trip to see both sons play—HOME RUN

Offering both brothers might bring mom and dad into the choice.Ask JB about having to travel to see his other son play. One in state trip to see both sons play—HOME RUN
Not unless the kid is worth the offer. It can backfire if they feel it's a throw in offer.

I mean how long does he intend to drag this out?
Sounds like Gonzaga is the only one left or other teams on the West Coast that haven’t been involved. I don’t see him going out to the West Coast with his family on the east coast. Kentucky might prey him away fro Duke but I still think it’s Duke inevitably

For as long as it takes him to assess all of the options he is interested in and make the best decision for him and his family.

Still not over. Tough to say no to UNC/Duke/Kentucky, but he loved his visit and is from NY. Family situation again could be a big piece. Don’t know how likely it is but SU isn’t officially out yet.

We've also had good luck with kids from that same region of the state [basically] in Lydon / Hughes. If anything swings this kid our way, this will probably be a major factor.

But this hasn't been trending favorably for several weeks, despite what some wanted to believe.

I think a big thing with this Syracuse regime and where they are now is that they have to work much harder to get the recruits they want. It’s tough to see Kentucky and duke come in late and swoop guys up, but we have to accept that’s how it’s going to be. Until su develops nba talent year after year, this will always be the case with some of these others programs they compete for recruits against.

Exactly this and it definitely isn't just us. Duke and UK had like 25/30 players each on NBA rosters, with all those guys totaling something like $2B in contracts. UNC isn't even in range of either of those teams. It cannot be stressed enough that Duke and UK are so far out in front of everyone else, they are in a different league when it comes to recruiting.

We just need to keep being smart and progressing with our '22 class because it looks like we're going to land a really nice class.

Yeah, it's almost as if he is deliberately taking whatever time he thinks he needs to make one of the most important decisions of his life to date.
And, like, he's at a basketball tournament.

I used to have zero envy (just anger) because we would get careers out of more players. Now, with the current landscape, we'll probably have the same number of 3-4 year guys as them.

I think it's been really smart of our staff to target higher profile players and transfers. It's a new era and we have the right approach. There's going to be big losers in the current shift and hopefully we can grab the momentum to thrive going forward. It seems we're out in front, just need a couple peices to fall into place.

We've also had good luck with kids from that same region of the state [basically] in Lydon / Hughes. If anything swings this kid our way, this will probably be a major factor.

But this hasn't been trending favorably for several weeks, despite what some wanted to believe.
I don't know if it "hasn't been trending favorably" as much as it has been the kid focusing on playing in these tournaments. He's posted about offers, but outside of that there isn't much to read from it except for what the recruitniks say about "being a priority" for some schools.

He has been a priority for us. He's already come on a visit. He also visited a few other schools, and hasn't committed. I don't think it's because he didn't like it or because we have less of a shot than we did a month ago.

All of that being said, I'm not sure I would put us as a favorite. I just think there is more than a 0% chance still - as there was a month ago.

think of how the sienas and buffalos and ionas of the world feel. a lot of those schools are in super early on players too

the orange are still very high up on the food chain despite the sanctions-caused dip...

I don't know if it "hasn't been trending favorably" as much as it has been the kid focusing on playing in these tournaments. He's posted about offers, but outside of that there isn't much to read from it except for what the recruitniks say about "being a priority" for some schools.

He has been a priority for us. He's already come on a visit. He also visited a few other schools, and hasn't committed. I don't think it's because he didn't like it or because we have less of a shot than we did a month ago.

All of that being said, I'm not sure I would put us as a favorite. I just think there is more than a 0% chance still - as there was a month ago.

But that IS exactly what the situation is. He likes us. But based upon how offers have unfolded, he is setting his sights elsewhere -- which means that we DO have less of a shot than we did a month ago.

It will be shocking at this point if he doesn't end up at Duke. Sure, there is a >0% chance that this doesn't happen. But it is false to suggest that things are exactly the same as they were a month ago, when he visited, with respect to where we stand in the pecking order.

But that IS exactly what the situation is. He likes us. But based upon how offers have unfolded, he is setting his sights elsewhere -- which means that we DO have less of a shot than we did a month ago.

It will be shocking at this point if he doesn't end up at Duke. Sure, there is a >0% chance that this doesn't happen. But it is false to suggest that things are exactly the same as they were a month ago, when he visited, with respect to where we stand in the pecking order.
You're entitled to your opinion but you don't know that for certain -- how do you know this? Because he hasn't committed and has tweeted out his other offers?

He may be focused on other things. Doesn't mean anything about our chances compared to where they were a month from now.

Wouldn't be shocked if he ends up anywhere else. But SU is not out of the running.

You're entitled to your opinion but you don't know that for certain -- how do you know this? Because he hasn't committed and has tweeted out his other offers?

He may be focused on other things. Doesn't mean anything about our chances compared to where they were a month from now.

Wouldn't be shocked if he ends up anywhere else. But SU is not out of the running.
Good grief.

Time to chalk this up to: you can lead a horse to water...

.. because that's EXACTLY what it means.

The top guys have NBA talent. we need better recruiters and a bag man. Which we have and are not using

Good grief.

Time to chalk this up to: you can lead a horse to water...

.. because that's EXACTLY what it means.
With all due respect, have you ever been wrong before?

I have some info about this recruitment and you have not yet proven anything with facts as to how the situation has changed in a month.

Again, you can think new offers mean less of a chance. That’s not a fact. That’s your opinion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom