Class of 2022 - PF Kyle Filipowski (MA) Offered | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PF Kyle Filipowski (MA) Offered

Wait, what the hell is this?
1625239312221.png

Duke has over 25 players in the NBA with almost $800 million in contracts.

Knock Duke all you want, and yes K is leaving, but we aren't playing in the same ballpark and K's legacy and influence still matter, at least right now.

Sell him on what differentiates us and hope that Duke lands some guys that will knock him down the depth chart.

Knock Duke all you want, and yes K is leaving, but we aren't playing in the same ballpark and K's legacy and influence still matter, at least right now.

Sell him on what differentiates us and hope that Duke lands some guys that will knock him down the depth chart.

Yeah there is a difference between top programs and top Brands. Duke is a brand plain and simple.

Agreed on Duke having a VERY strong brand. Hopefully over the years that will take a hit, but for now, it's still strong. As for how many players who are in the NBA and what they're making really means nothing, at least to me. It's the same thing that Calipari touts at Kentucky. The thing is, just about any school who can get that level of talent year after year is going to have a lot of guys playing in the NBA.

Agreed on Duke having a VERY strong brand. Hopefully over the years that will take a hit, but for now, it's still strong. As for how many players who are in the NBA and what they're making really means nothing, at least to me. It's the same thing that Calipari touts at Kentucky. The thing is, just about any school who can get that level of talent year after year is going to have a lot of guys playing in the NBA.

If every school could pull the talent like UK or Duke, they would. And it absolutely matters how many nba guys a college has and how well they are getting paid in terms of consistently getting top classes.

Yes, they are getting the best kids, but they are still helping them become teed up for success in the NBA. As much as people may not like them, especially Cal, K and Cal can seriously coach.

Back to Flip, he’s not a top five kid. If I were JB and co, I’d show them our run of getting long, versatile athletes into the pros. He’s got the baseline talent and physical traits for someone that can really blossom and needs a coach that will help him get there.

But between Duke and UK, they have guys making two billion in contracts. That’s second, third, fourth contracts driving that dollar amount. Tough to beat that, but if you tell me JB has a clear vision for him and really wants him, I’ll always say we got a legit shot.

If every school could pull the talent like UK or Duke, they would. And it absolutely matters how many nba guys a college has and how well they are getting paid in terms of consistently getting top classes.

Yes, they are getting the best kids, but they are still helping them become teed up for success in the NBA. As much as people may not like them, especially Cal, K and Cal can seriously coach.

Back to Flip, he’s not a top five kid. If I were JB and co, I’d show them our run of getting long, versatile athletes into the pros. He’s got the baseline talent and physical traits for someone that can really blossom and needs a coach that will help him get there.

But between Duke and UK, they have guys making two billion in contracts. That’s second, third, fourth contracts driving that dollar amount. Tough to beat that, but if you tell me JB has a clear vision for him and really wants him, I’ll always say we got a legit shot.
Of course they would, most just aren't allowed to do what it takes to compete for those recruits.

Meh, don't really buy it. I believe what showcases the quality of a coaching staff is how many kids not highly touted going into college go on to the NBA. That shows coaching ability in developing your players, not just riding your 5 star kids who probably could have skipped college altogether. I'm not suggesting K isn't/wasn't a great coach, just don't buy that he gets them to the nba like what calipari claims. The kids get themselves there for the most part. Now, if you want to talk about how well these two coaches recruit (along with their boosters), then that's fine - they're great at that no question.

Iowa, like Indiana just another program whose done very little over the years and with their best team in a long time gets wrecked by Oregon not even making as far as us.
Mostly true...but they do have a pretty big selling point for big men right now.

Landing Flip would absolutely be the icing on the cake for the best recruiting class in a long time. I feel confident we'll get one of JJ or QC, and we already got Taylor and Lands. I might "Flip" if we land this guy. 'Cuse is kicking some serious butt recruiting now. So refreshing after struggling for a bit. WE'RE BACK!!!

Flip will got serious playing time here. If he goes to Duke he’s absolutely not guaranteed that, especially with the abundance of bigs they’re recruiting for the ‘22 class. I really hope he sees it that way!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom