Class of 2024 - PF Malcolm Thomas (MD) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 PF Malcolm Thomas (MD)

Wish SU had offered, but wishing Malcolm well!
Did Cuse not have any interest? Or did Etan steer him away from Cuse? I figured there would be some recruitment here with Red taking over. I never saw him play so I don't know whether he'd be a good player here, but his list is a good list.

Did Cuse not have any interest? Or did Etan steer him away from Cuse? I figured there would be some recruitment here with Red taking over. I never saw him play so I don't know whether he'd be a good player here, but his list is a good list.
We never showed serious interest. We are(no offense to Malcolm) after bigger fish.

We already have our PF for the cycle.
Donnie Freeman.

Nothing against Etan’s kid, but - Freeman is a MUCH better prospect.

Any interest either party did or didn’t have in the other, likely ended the second Donnie verballed.

I'm pretty sure Malcolm attended the Elite Camp last August, but I never came across any comments from analysts that spoke to significant mutual interest between him and SU. That being said, some strong programs on his list.

We already have our PF for the cycle.
Donnie Freeman.

Nothing against Etan’s kid, but - Freeman is a MUCH better prospect.

Any interest either party did or didn’t have in the other, likely ended the second Donnie verballed.
Thomas could also play center.

Thomas could also play center.

Maybe. But he's only 6-7, so that probably inhibits his flexibility in that regard.

I think we had interest. But please keep in mind that Malcolm Thomas was only rated as a three-star recruit. Agree with 721 above that Freeman was a higher priority for the staff -- and justifiably so.

Doesn't mean that Thomas couldn't play / contribute here. But Red and staff are seeking to elevate the talent level, and landing Freeman was a big step in the right direction there at forward. Thomas might be able to play in the pivot, but he's a little on the smaller side, so it probably worked out best for all parties concerned. I don't think that Etan overtly steered him away from Syracuse, the fit just wasn't optimal for them or us.

Anyone with insights as to why we weren’t in it? His choice? Ours? Mutual?
I'd love to know as well. I believe he went to Elite Camp last year. Imagine that with Donnie also a PF, maybe that had something to do with it. Selfishly, I hope he picks Vandy, so I can go watch some of his games! :)

I'd love to know as well. I believe he went to Elite Camp last year. Imagine that with Donnie also a PF, maybe that had something to do with it. Selfishly, I hope he picks Vandy, so I can go watch some of his games! :)
I went to a game at Vandy last season. 2nd time there. I love that campus and gym.

Yeah, beautiful campus. My 7-year-old-son goes to school right near the Vandy campus. So gorgeous there!!!

Yeah, beautiful campus. My 7-year-old-son goes to school right near the Vandy campus. So gorgeous there!!!
Resized_20211016_081018~2.jpeg

This was the Vandy football stadium right outside my hotel room.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom