Class of 2022 - PF Maliq Brown (VA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 35 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PF Maliq Brown (VA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Benny came in with physical abilities you can’t teach and the desire/attitude to learn and develop. Not all of our recent past recruits have that drive.

Happy he’s seeing another year at SU.

Thanks again for your insightful reports on our recruits. My "rain/parade" comment above was just in jest... but yeah, Maliq is intriguing but also a bit of an enigma - and I have thought, even before your breakdown here, that he would be spot minutes off the bench until at least his soph season here - and am now a little perplexed/skeptical of folks seemingly slotting him in as the primary backup to Edwards and getting significant time at the 4...
The cupboard is pretty bare. In other years Maliq would be a developmental 4 year guy. But now?

Neither do I. But I’m not the one promoting per 40 stats for someone that hardly played. They’re useless.
Not useless when comparing to other that hardly played. It’s relative. And eye ball test tells you that same player with better stats is a far better player too

Not useless when comparing to other that hardly played. It’s relative. And eye ball test tells you that same player with better stats is a far better player too
Need Benny and 2 other freshman to play well . If we want make tournament

My eyeball test says Benny is a better player.
I saw enough that I needed to see from a freshman with how Benny stepped up when we needed him vs Duke.

People can downplay that as one game all they’d like. But imo big players step up in big games when their team needs them to.

JBA knows the zone responsibilities and has played with the returning players for 3 seasons. He could also mature in the off season and be a much improved player, I have seen that happen in the past at SU and other schools.
JBA is a great kid. He plays smart and does what he is capable of. I just am of the opinion that he is not a D1 caliber talent. hope he proves me wrong.

Yeah lost here. When 15-17 happens this year maybe it will make more sense
We can be a fun team if we're coached a certain way, but it'll be a really uphill climb to be a good team.

I'm kind of looking at next year as "when does the ACC tourney become the only path to an NCAA tourney bid."

I think Brown will definitely get some minutes unless we get somebody from the portal. You may be sleeping on Cope. I agree it is hard to see a spot for him right now, but he just might be good enough to work his way into the rotation, he might even have enough size to play some SF.

I see Carey as a definite odd man out. Just can’t see him making a jump to D1 after sitting out two years. He will need a transition season. Bunch is a wildcard here, really just don’t know what to expect from him.

if JBA is part of the rotation, it will mean our fresh are duds.
JBA hasn't shown anything yet, true, but he hasn't gotten much chance and has had some injury issues.

He may surprise us and be a useful piece of the rotation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom