Class of 2017 - PF Marvin Bagley to Duke | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PF Marvin Bagley to Duke

Know someone very close to this situation . He was in the bull city for a min, playing pick up with the squad in blue
Go on.....

IMG_1229.GIF

Meh, Durham, Raleigh, Apex, Cary, just one big sprawling mess of suburbia.
Basically people just driving around waiting for the next nice weekend to drive south on I-40 and make a mess of my nice beaches here in Wilmington.

I will say one thing nice about Durham. It has some good restaurants, which I guess makes up for Duke being surrounded by the hood.

I’ve actually never been to Durham. One of the few big name college towns I haven’t been to. However, Raleigh has lots of very good restaurants and Raleigh doesn’t feel like typical “suburbia” at all to me.

Man the moves this guy has and his handle/footwork. Can do it all. Seems like another if not better Jayson Tatum.

Man the moves this guy has and his handle/footwork. Can do it all. Seems like another if not better Jayson Tatum.

I don't think those two are really similar at all, but I think Bagley is going to be a great player in the future. Seemed like he pretty much was only good in their first game due to being bigger than the other team though; very Terrence Jones-ish. But yeah, the mobility that he has at his size will almost surely lead to him becoming a great player.

I was more impressed by DeAndre Ayton's debut among the all the potential #1 picks.

I don't think those two are really similar at all, but I think Bagley is going to be a great player in the future. Seemed like he pretty much was only good in their first game due to being bigger than the other team though; very Terrence Jones-ish. But yeah, the mobility that he has at his size will almost surely lead to him becoming a great player.

I was more impressed by DeAndre Ayton's debut among the all the potential #1 picks.

Oh I love Ayton as I watch and follow Pac-12. I guess I was just surprised how well Bagley handled the ball in open court and his footwork. Yeah I like the Terrence Jones comparison. Maybe a bit more versatile. I think I just was for whatever reason more impressed with Bagley at the same stage than Tatum and I think Tatum is fantastic. Tonight should be some high level ball.

Oh I love Ayton as I watch and follow Pac-12. I guess I was just surprised how well Bagley handled the ball in open court and his footwork. Yeah I like the Terrence Jones comparison. Maybe a bit more versatile. I think I just was for whatever reason more impressed with Bagley at the same stage than Tatum and I think Tatum is fantastic. Tonight should be some high level ball.

Tatum took a while to get going in college, but they just aren't very similar players IMO. Tatum is a really talented scorer that gets his baskets the same way guys like Pierce/Melo did. Bagley is wayyyyy more raw right now; he's still learning what he can and can't do. But a guy Bagley's size that can run and handle the ball the way he can is probably going to develop into a scary player. One thing that puts a bit of a damper on him right now though is that he seems to not have very good touch around the rim yet. I'm very interested to see how he does against Michigan State; it's a big opportunity for him to prove that he can bang inside against legitimate big men.

Tatum took a while to get going in college, but they just aren't very similar players IMO. Tatum is a really talented scorer that gets his baskets the same way guys like Pierce/Melo did. Bagley is wayyyyy more raw right now; he's still learning what he can and can't do. But a guy Bagley's size that can run and handle the ball the way he can is probably going to develop into a scary player. One thing that puts a bit of a damper on him right now though is that he seems to not have very good touch around the rim yet. I'm very interested to see how he does against Michigan State; it's a big opportunity for him to prove that he can bang inside against legitimate big men.

No doubt Bagley is more of a traditional PF. I was still impressed with his skillset and mindset to be on the attack. Very good test tonight indeed. Looking forward to seeing these dudes and the UK/Kansas guys to see how far behind or close we are in terms of player skill sets.

Yeah Tatum is more of a one dimensional scorer who is super talented. A friend of mine who works for Sirius said he interviewed Danny Ferry last year and Ferry said in a closed practice/scrimmage Duke had against the Pelicans, that Tatum was killing it against their frontline!

wait what? hold the damn phone

Somebody has to (other than Cuseattle) to provide some coverage for the board and prevent slander, mis-informed takes, east coast bias, etc!

Last edited:
Somebody has to (other than Cuseattle) to provide some coverage for the board and prevent slander, mis-informed takes, east coast bias, etc!
I know - just bustin' yer chops :p

BTW, I thought NDSU was better than what they actually are. Pretty bad this year?
actually not really sure at this point - if I remember right, they lost a bunch going into last year so they were down a bit last year, so this year I think were supposed to take a step up - but yeah they're generally a fairly solid mid-major

Just saw the box score from last night's MSU game. Ten Dukies played. None of them named Tucker.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom