Class of 2018 - PF Nate Roberts (MD / NH) Commits to Washington | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PF Nate Roberts (MD / NH) Commits to Washington

The success is nice but the big advantage in this is that he was able to witness the Syracuse fans at their best and the atmosphere of how loud the dome can get
Saying again; "You just witnessed and experienced the SU fans at their best. The same noise, the same spectacle as SU BB at its heights. If playing in front of 33,000 screaming fans and on national TV doesn't excite you; than a smaller venue with occasional TV exposure is a better choice.

I can never understand what motivates a kid to go all the away across the country for school when there are plenty of schools on the East Coast which are within driving range of their support group. Are they running away from something? Especially to a school which isn't exactly a basketball factory and for a coach who has no track record as a winning head coach. Besides that, if it is Washington, good luck. You will be missing out on something special in Syracuse.
Hopkins. Kids make decisions, many times, based on how they feel about coaches...

Hopkins. Kids make decisions, many times, based on how they feel about coaches...
Sure, coaches are part of the equation. But, take a generic approach to this and forget it Hop. 3000 miles away from friends and family and going to play for a first time head coach. Lots of unknowns.

Sure, coaches are part of the equation. But, take a generic approach to this and forget it Hop. 3000 miles away from friends and family and going to play for a first time head coach. Lots of unknowns.

But if you plan to be an NBA player in 12-18 months like a lot of these players do, I'm not sure you really care about being close to home. It is clearly a big factor for some guys but not for others. If Nate is more comfortable with Hopkins then so be it. It's not like Syracuse didn't get many guys over the years due to the same reason.

I can never understand what motivates a kid to go all the away across the country for school when there are plenty of schools on the East Coast which are within driving range of their support group. Are they running away from something? Especially to a school which isn't exactly a basketball factory and for a coach who has no track record as a winning head coach. Besides that, if it is Washington, good luck. You will be missing out on something special in Syracuse.
College is a great time to experience a different part of the country. Going away to school is a huge opportunity for kids. Some like it, others don't.
If kids didn't go away to school, SU's sports programs would be woeful.

Kid likes Hop. Not surprising. Best of luck to him. Not a bad place to spend your college days.

Last time I was online, Nate was at the SU Clemson game, and people were saying that was a great sign. And now he's headed to Washington? What happened?

Last time I was online, Nate was at the SU Clemson game, and people were saying that was a great sign. And now he's headed to Washington? What happened?

It's always a great sign when a kid goes to a game of a school he has on his final list 3 days before he announces and in the arena he'd be playing in. Not only that, he attended with one of his would-be teammates, who just happens to be the head coach's son. Maybe he just wanted to see a game with a few of his high school teammates. No one said that means he's picking SU.

We will hopefully find out tomorrow. It's been no secret that he is very close to Hop and that this one could go either way.

He hung out with a buddy, and got to see a great game. That's all.

Washington and Hop are already overbooked for recruits for 2018. As I mentioned in our posts, Washington has 16 players for 2018. With Roberts, it would be 17 players. In addition, they have Roberts listed as a SF and two of their Verbal Commits for 2018 are small forwards. With Roberts they would have 7 small forwards (7) on Washington's roster (which also includes Hameir Wright and Nahzier Carter). Washington is short in Power Forwards and centers going forward.

Last edited:
Just replying so that when you delete or edit this tomorrow there’s a record of your original post.

It's been predicted elsewhere that UW is the pick. That's where it comes from. Whatever.

As I said, we will be fine either way. Staff would look to get another big in '18 and a big time target in '19.

Last edited:
College is a great time to experience a different part of the country. Going away to school is a huge opportunity for kids. Some like it, others don't.
If kids didn't go away to school, SU's sports programs would be woeful.
True, but 90+% of our basketball recruiting is done within a six hour circle. And more kids came from Cali in the old days than in the last 25 years.

Just replying so that when you delete or edit this tomorrow there’s a record of your original post.
he was ticked off that his post on Precious A.'s thread didn't generate more responses/likes, so he switched it.

You've really put yourself out there ... this is your third definitive prediction in less than a day!

This is your Roberts prediction
Washington
This is your Battle prediction
Hopkins
This is your Precious prediction
Cuse

As long as you are correct on that last one (who seems to be by far the best prospect of the three), I'll take the bad news on the first 2!

It's been predicted elsewhere that UW is the pick. That's where it comes from. Whatever.

As I said, we will be fine either way. Staff would look to get another big in '18 and a big time target in '19.
Yeah I don’t think Roberts helps us land bigs in 2019...which is where the big time bigs are. This is an ok miss, if we miss.

You've really put yourself out there ... this is your third definitive prediction in less than a day!

This is your Roberts prediction

This is your Battle prediction

This is your Precious prediction

As long as you are correct on that last one (who seems to be by far the best prospect of the three), I'll take the bad news on the first 2!
Given the lay of land these days in CBB, even the rumors I hear I immediately discount. It’s impossible to know how the fbi stuff can change the landscape overnight

Dean has an update on the Roberts recruitment. Strange stuff.
syracuse-recruiting.png

It's nice to miss on a guy like Roberts and know that there won't be a meltdown here. We are in a much better position with recruiting so that it won't sting. On to the next one.

Last edited: