PFF grade summary | Syracusefan.com

PFF grade summary

rrlbees

Have you donated to an SU NIL collective?
Staff member
PFF grades just came out. I know some aren’t a fan while others, like me are.

The blocking grades aren’t as bad as I expected but still not very good. Since it’s a subscription site I won’t give the exact grades but will give the bracketing. As a reminder, 90s is excellent, 80s is very good, 70s is good, 60s is average, 50s is below average, and below 50 is failing.

Run Blocking

Reed high end of average
Weatherspoon average
Bradford average
Petry average
Washington low end of average

Pass Blocking

Weatherspoon very good
Bradford good
Reed good
Petry good
Washington average

Defensively our biggest problem by far was tackling. 5 or our starters graded as fail. Not good at all. Sad about Wax who graded the highest in tackling and overall defense. Scored in the 80s.

The blocking grades aren’t as bad as I expected but still not very good. Since it’s a subscription site I won’t give the exact grades but will give the bracketing. As a reminder, 90s is excellent, 80s is very good, 70s is good, 60s is average, 50s is below average, and below 50 is failing.

Run Blocking

Reed high end of average
Weatherspoon average
Bradford average
Petry average

Pass Blocking

Weatherspoon very good
Bradford good
Reed good
Petry good
Washington average

Defensively our biggest problem by far was tackling. 5 or our starters graded as fail. Not good at all. Sad about Wax who graded the highest in tackling and overall defense. Scored in the 80s.
Interesting on the blocking

Live I though we had almost no push on RBlocking but then I also thought we ran very few variations on scheme.

Pass blocking vs an Ohio level team looked EHH.

Without watching again I thought line play would be like a C- running and a B pass blocking, Is that average then OK. But its not good.

In the first two Ohio possessions, McDonald missed 2 tackles and Heard missed 1, Barron 1. Egregious misses.

pass blocking i thought he mostly had a lot of time to throw. Run blocking maybe not as good but LQA was 15 for 98. That’s good.

Given the defensive failures it’s very hard to stay optimistic about our chances vs Georgia tech. This is most of the same defense as last year. Poor fundamentals and looking ill-prepared is a coaching issue.

Run Blocking

Reed high end of average
Weatherspoon average
Bradford average
Petry average

Pass Blocking

Weatherspoon very good
Bradford good
Reed good
Petry good
Washington average

Spoon was very good.

Wax made tackles. He also took the wrong angle way too many times.

I love Wax. I hope his injury isn’t too bad. He’s awesome to have.

But he had some bad plays yesterday.

Hope the defense coaches and players can get things figured out this week. I believe we have the talent. To be fair, lots of the players are learning a new scheme and it may take a bit to get it dialed in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom