Class of 2025 - PG Acaden Lewis (DC) Offered | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 PG Acaden Lewis (DC) Offered

Seems like Lewis has a thing for the color blue, as long as it comes with a ton of green.

Make It Rain Money GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

I just love Tillerry's overall game. I'm not saying anything about best or better. That's subjective.
I hear you. At the end of the day, if we land Tillery and he’s part of a 4 year growth process for this program and Lewis has one foot out the door from day one…Syracuse basketball will be better off.

I hear you. At the end of the day, if we land Tillery and he’s part of a 4 year growth process for this program and Lewis has one foot out the door from day one…Syracuse basketball will be better off.
You can’t plan on anyone sticking around for four years. You focus on putting the best team on the floor this year. Lewis makes us a much better team. All you need to know is the final four schools he’s involved with compared to Wake and Cincy for Tillery. I’d go all in for Ripley next year.

You can’t plan on anyone sticking around for four years. You focus on putting the best team on the floor this year. Lewis makes us a much better team. All you need to know is the final four schools he’s involved with compared to Wake and Cincy for Tillery. I’d go all in for Ripley next year.
I agree, you can't count on how long a guy will be around. But, if a guy is thinking NBA in year one, he is less likely to buy in to the TEAM year one and beyond. A guy that is thinking TEAM first year one, is more likely to contribute to success in year one and beyond, especially year 3 and 4.

Lewis recruiting is getting interesting. UCONN is about to get their second guard committment in the past two weeks. Carolina signed Dixon and the Boozer twins will announce soon. If they end up at Duke and not Miami, that only leaves Kentucky for Lewis. Who knows who else they are recruiting. I wonder if SU is still having some contact with Lewis. It would be a wonderful surprise if something changes.

Lewis recruiting is getting interesting. UCONN is about to get their second guard committment in the past two weeks. Carolina signed Dixon and the Boozer twins will announce soon. If they end up at Duke and not Miami, that only leaves Kentucky for Lewis. Who knows who else they are recruiting. I wonder if SU is still having some contact with Lewis. It would be a wonderful surprise if something changes.
Come Let Me Love You GIF

The Boozer twins decision is next week…
Miami? How is old ass Larranaga recruiting this like in his elder years but JB somehow couldn’t? Plus their facilities leave a lot to be desired. I get that some people view South Florida as paradise (I don’t at all), but this is still mystifying that he landed Bethea and could possibly get these two.

Miami? How is old ass Larranaga recruiting this like in his elder years but JB somehow couldn’t? Plus their facilities leave a lot to be desired. I get that some people view South Florida as paradise (I don’t at all), but this is still mystifying that he landed Bethea and could possibly get these two.
NIL

JB is stubborn in his ways, Larranaga adapted. Also, they stay mostly with their Mom who lives in Miami.

Larranaga was on the cusp of being fired after a couple of subpar seasons. He worked with the AD and others to determine what it would take for the program to right the ship and be successful, and his superiors made it clear that they wanted NIL and the transfer portal to be the emphasis. Miami has high profile boosters, so they have lots of money, and a nice environment that young people dig, and rather than reject the portal like some old school coaches, he embraced it.

Because his job was on the line.

Now, turning to lewis, I'm not suggesting he's going to pick miami. But if you're a kid like him, you probably figure that you're going to be a one and done before jumping to the nba, or max 2 years. So you're probably thinking, the weather will be great, there's beautiful women, not a bad place to spend a year or two while I'm getting paid.

Last edited: