Class of 2025 - PG Acaden Lewis (DC) Offered | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 PG Acaden Lewis (DC) Offered

The best teams Triche, GMac, and Dion played on all had Point Guards. (MCW, Scoop, and Billy)

Gbinje kinda figured out the perfect combo guard contributions by the end of his SR year, his 5th year in college.

Freshman combo guards in 2024, just seems like a red X to me.
Gbinje to me personally is such an outlier too. That kid worked his AHH off to get to where he did, not that other kids don’t work hard but mike really put in the work.

The best teams Triche, GMac, and Dion played on all had Point Guards. (MCW, Scoop, and Billy)

Gbinje kinda figured out the perfect combo guard contributions by the end of his SR year, his 5th year in college.

Freshman combo guards in 2024, just seems like a red X to me.

This is why having Carlos and a healthy or healthy-ish Chance is still a big plus. They might not get huge minutes but having that skillset can help a lot. Now some would point to Symir and how that didn’t do much for us which is fair but he was just so limited overall not to mention alongside weaknesses in other positions too.

Just don’t get this position pigeon holing in today’s game. IMO “true point guard” is an anachronism that just isn’t that prevalent any longer. If you want to refute this show me a list of the “true Pliny guards” who excelled in the ACC last season.

Just don’t get this position pigeon holing in today’s game. IMO “true point guard” is an anachronism that just isn’t that prevalent any longer. If you want to refute this show me a list of the “true Pliny guards” who excelled in the ACC last season.
There were five guards in the ACC that averaged 4 assists per game with at least a 2:1 assist/turnover ratio last season.

Reece Beeekman averaged 6.2 with a 3:1 assist/turnover for Virginia.

Teams with these players were Virginia, Georgia Tech, North Carolina, BC and Pittsburgh.

Looking at that list. Having a player that meets those select criteria is of dubious value to winning.

I'm not certain we, as a group, could agree on what exactly we look for in a "true point guard," but I feel like assists and assists/turnovers ratio would be important to the position.

There were five guards in the ACC that averaged 4 assists per game with at least a 2:1 assist/turnover ratio last season.

Reece Beeekman averaged 6.2 with a 3:1 assist/turnover for Virginia.

Teams with these players were Virginia, Georgia Tech, North Carolina, BC and Pittsburgh.

Looking at that list. Having a player that meets those select criteria is of dubious value to winning.

I'm not certain we, as a group, could agree on what exactly we look for in a "true point guard," but I feel like assists and assists/turnovers ratio would be important to the position.
I am with you on Beekman and George at Georgia Tech. The other three averaged fewer assists than Mintz, who no one calls a complete point guard, and had a/t of just over 2 compared to Mintz 1.52. Don’t see them as excelling in any way.
Need a lead guard who you can put the ball in the hands of to initiate the offense, but once you are attacking a combo who can pull up from three, drive to the hole and distribute is a much better fit.

I am with you on Beekman and George at Georgia Tech. The other three averaged fewer assists than Mintz, who no one calls a complete point guard, and had a/t of just over 2 compared to Mintz 1.52. Don’t see them as excelling in any way.
Need a lead guard who you can put the ball in the hands of to initiate the offense, but once you are attacking a combo who can pull up from three, drive to the hole and distribute is a much better fit.
I still like to have a ball handler who thinks pass first.

I still like to have a ball handler who thinks pass first.
Nice idea, but look at the assist leaders in the NBA last year. Have to go down a ways before you find a “pure” point guard type. The league is the ultimate destination for every kid who goes to a P5 program and the league no longer values that profile opting instead for a more aggressive offensive style and broader skill set.

Schitts Creek Ok GIF by CBC

I don’t think we’re going to make up ground there. Too late to get back into his recruitment

The post on getting a visit is at least a positive. Until it’s a hard no- I’ll take the possibility

Too bad. Lewis was the number one guy I wanted on our board. Very disappointing especially with all the contacts our coaches have in the DMV area.
I agree, I like Lewis. But, if we can land Tillery, it may work out even better than landing Lewis.

Last edited:
So, dropped Syracuse, Tennessee, Michigan, and Auburn.

Oh well. I like Tillery better, hope we can land HIM.
I thought Lewis was the best we were after, but Tillery is a tough PG. You may be right, that Tillery is really the best we’re after.