Class of 2019 - PG Dakota Leffew (GA) Portal to Georgia | Page 63 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PG Dakota Leffew (GA) Portal to Georgia

You guys keep talking about market value like this is an exact science. If someone else is willing to pay player X 1M$ then the market value is 1M$ for a player in his position, no. That value is unique to him, and whoever willing to pay 1M$ for that player has (presumably) done some homework to determined that they need that player to cross a threshold to be a strong contender.

We are not. We are not the cuse of 1976-2013, we are not a top 10 program, we are not the Syracuse vs Georgetown best rivalry in CBB back in the days, we are not even sniffing the bubble. The beast of the east is UConn. Do I like it? Heck no. Do I accept it? Yes it's the reality what else can I do but accept it?

When everyone thinks market value is fair, is when a bubble is formed and bust. There are 55% of all players in the portal, we are not looking at some unicorn player who is going to move the needle in a significant way. Why overpay?

I think Red is trying to stabilize the situation and the roster. There needs to be a balance of the roster. Needs to have a good mix of new recruits and veterans, everyone needs to play their roles and stick to a game plan. Last thing you need is to have knee jerk reactions for a player that turns the locker room toxic. There is a reason in a work place we don't generally tell our coworkers how much we get paid what our bonuses are stock options etc...these days these players announce their NIL deals on Instagram.

There is no quick turnaround to this. Yes a good team can be built in one year because you can wholesale change your roster by paying. It's a big gamble though because you could end up with 5 unicorns resulting in a dumpster fire. I think it's as important to establish the culture and get things trending in the right direction.

You guys keep talking about market value like this is an exact science. If someone else is willing to pay player X 1M$ then the market value is 1M$ for a player in his position, no. That value is unique to him, and whoever willing to pay 1M$ for that player has (presumably) done some homework to determined that they need that player to cross a threshold to be a strong contender.

We are not. We are not the cuse of 1976-2013, we are not a top 10 program, we are not the Syracuse vs Georgetown best rivalry in CBB back in the days, we are not even sniffing the bubble. The beast of the east is UConn. Do I like it? Heck no. Do I accept it? Yes it's the reality what else can I do but accept it?

When everyone thinks market value is fair, is when a bubble is formed and bust. There are 55% of all players in the portal, we are not looking at some unicorn player who is going to move the needle in a significant way. Why overpay?

I think Red is trying to stabilize the situation and the roster. There needs to be a balance of the roster. Needs to have a good mix of new recruits and veterans, everyone needs to play their roles and stick to a game plan. Last thing you need is to have knee jerk reactions for a player that turns the locker room toxic. There is a reason in a work place we don't generally tell our coworkers how much we get paid what our bonuses are stock options etc...these days these players announce their NIL deals on Instagram.

There is no quick turnaround to this. Yes a good team can be built in one year because you can wholesale change your roster by paying. It's a big gamble though because you could end up with 5 unicorns resulting in a dumpster fire. I think it's as important to establish the culture and get things trending in the right direction.
semantics

If competing teams are offering more, then, by definition, the market rate value of the player goes up.

Why is that overpaying?

They are offering what they think is a fair price to get the player for their team and need.

If we offer less then either:

a. We do not value that player as much as they do for our team and our max offer reflects that.

or

b. We have limited budget constraints that do not allow to go higher.

I find it interesting to see Villanova, South Carolina and Georgia all listed on Hawkins teams contacting him, but not Syracuse. Maybe this is telling us something???
Probably that all three schools have a better NIL situation.

I would wait to see what we look like next year before we decide we won't be good. I think if we get a pt guard, we can be a 23-8 team. And that will get us in the tournament. Once it does, no one knows what can happen.

I would wait to see what we look like next year before we decide we won't be good. I think if we get a pt guard, we can be a 23-8 team. And that will get us in the tournament. Once it does, no one knows what can happen.
23-8 is a solid old time Syracuse baseline season. That means we are likely ranked 15-25. I sure hope that happens.

Too bad I missed that last Powerball jackpot. I would have sent up an endowment that would cover all NIL needs for the foreseeable future. All I would ask in return is free nachos with everything at every home game.

60% of the time, I win taco time EVERY time...

23-8 might get you a 2 or 3 seed in the tournament

23-8 with our schedule last year probably would not have gotten us better than a 9-10 seed.
Yup, the ACC needs to be better. Pretty sure Clemson won 23 games 2 years ago and got snubbed from the tournament.

We need some news soon because I keep getting notifications only to be disappointed in nothing new.