Class of 2022 - PG Dior Johnson (NY / CA) Decommitted from Syracuse | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Dior Johnson (NY / CA) Decommitted from Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn you, now you've got the wheels grinding. Wouldn't it be better to go back earlier and prevent his conception? And, if there is no Hitler, what changes? Certainly Hitler was a monster, but didn't America benefit greatly from WWII? Worked out pretty well for us.
Id say most would want back the millions of lives lost vs
" All the good"
Seriously. This might be the worst take ive ever seen on this board.

Id say most would want back the millions of lives lost vs
" All the good"
Seriously. This might be the worst take ive ever seen on this board.
It's not a take. It's a question. If trusted to alter the past, doesn't one have to consider the entirety of the impact on the future?

Damn you, now you've got the wheels grinding. Wouldn't it be better to go back earlier and prevent his conception? And, if there is no Hitler, what changes? Certainly Hitler was a monster, but didn't America benefit greatly from WWII? Worked out pretty well for us.
Cant Speak Nathan Fillion GIF

This is a sweet take and reveals you know nothing about Dior or lebron
Come on AZ. It’s a joke. Lighten the .
You are correct though, I know nothing about Dior or LeBron and I’m ok with that.

And I have my issues with things we have seen recently with JB but that said he was 1000 pct right on this one. Never was a legit question nor logic behind the view the staff blew this one.
Can you imagine the damage this would do to SU if it happened here ? Just for that alone, JB deserves a major pass on all the "issues with things we have seen recently with JB".

His foresight has the monetary and emotional value of a trip to the Sweet 16.

Can you imagine the damage this would do to SU if it happened here ? Just for that alone, JB deserves a major pass on all the "issues with things we have seen recently with JB".

His foresight has the monetary and emotional value of a trip to the Sweet 16.

So I'll give him props like I did but let's not go crazy. Unrelated things you are talking about here.

We are still a program that is struggling and this is still a really important season. I am very cautiously optimistic

You didn't really say that ww2 worked out pretty well for us, did you? How many lives did we lose? How many lives were ruined? Oh, and it was 300k dead and about 700k wounded. I won't even get in to the number of lives that were disrupted.

You didn't really say that ww2 worked out pretty well for us, did you? How many lives did we lose? How many lives were ruined? Oh, and it was 300k dead and about 700k wounded. I won't even get in to the number of lives that were disrupted.
I don’t think that anything is worth more than a single life, let alone the millions that were lost in WWII. But, America most definitely benefited from WWII. We went from the depression to being the manufacturing leader, by far, for a devastated Europe and Asia.

I don’t think that anything is worth more than a single life, let alone the millions that were lost in WWII. But, America most definitely benefited from WWII. We went from the depression to being the manufacturing leader, by far, for a devastated Europe and Asia.
Under no circumstance would that trade off be worth it. Same goes for slavery and what we did to the Native Americans.

You started out with a profound point: Rather than kill baby Hitler, why not go to his parents earlier, explain what will happen, and talk them out of conceiving?

…and it’s been downhill since.

Under no circumstance would that trade off be worth it. Same goes for slavery and what we did to the Native Americans.

You started out with a profound point: Rather than kill baby Hitler, why not go to his parents earlier, explain what will happen, and talk them out of conceiving?

…and it’s been downhill since.
Nowhere have I said I would make that trade. My point is, the word, specifically America, would be much different. People mistake a question for a “take” which I define as an opinion. It is not my opinion that WWII was “worth it” for America, or any other country. But, the fact is, while Europe and Asia were devastated, America was in a strong position to propel itself into the world leader that it is today.

DIOR JOHNSON, PEOPLE!!!!

Always wanted to do that.
I took the bait, I’m sorry. I thought we were capable of an intellectual discussion, albeit in the wrong place. I was wrong.

So I'll give him props like I did but let's not go crazy. Unrelated things you are talking about here.

We are still a program that is struggling and this is still a really important season. I am very cautiously optimistic
Yeah. I'm a big JB supporter and I honestly feel he does not get the credit from the fanbase he deserves for some of the things he does to maintain the "SU Basketball" brand. He mostly just gets wave after wave of criticism for not winning enough. Some will say "well that goes with the territory". I disagree. It does not have to be so negative.

Instead, we should be thankful for every day he is still with the program.

It's not a take. It's a question. If trusted to alter the past, doesn't one have to consider the entirety of the impact on the future?
It didn't work out well for us. We lost a generation of young men. Sorry but i dont agree with your take.

It didn't work out well for us. We lost a generation of young men. Sorry but i dont agree with your take.
That's fine, but it took us out of the depression an in to the a place of dominance on the world front. It spurred the baby boomer era and prosperity like no other era in our history. That is little consolation for the lives lost, but we were left in a much better position than any country in Europe or Asia.

That's fine, but it took us out of the depression an in to the a place of dominance on the world front. It spurred the baby boomer era and prosperity like no other era in our history. That is little consolation for the lives lost, but we were left in a much better position than any country in Europe or Asia.

Baby boomers are very overrated and a huge disappointment. Their parents were they greatest and they flopped big time.

Status
Not open for further replies.