Class of 2022 - PG Dior Johnson (NY / CA) | Page 71 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Dior Johnson (NY / CA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
wonder when he'll decide on this...
I am suspect, given all of his high schools. I assume someone told him it was possible,but seems to me that's a lot to work on.

Will also be interesting to see if this forces Kadary to be more of a forward than a guard. Good thing he is versatile. We actually have quite a bit of versatility. Now if for some reason both Griffin and Quincy are still here then things will get REALLY interesting with depth and PT.

Players say lots of things that may not be entirely true, for a lot of reasons.
Not going to disagree with that. Still seems like it wouldnt be something just thrown out there unless he knows theres a possibility of him being able to do it. But who knows. I'd like if he stays 22 but if him coming for a year means its 21 or nothing then I'll be happy to watch him for a year. But I agree with what Jgeorge said, it would be nice to see him get stronger/mature some but maybe that happens this year? Either way it will be interesting to see what the staff thinks of this.

So I fully admit I may be wrong on this...

But isn’t the NBA draft requirement a year removed from high school graduation AND at least 19 years old?

If that’s the case, would that mean 2 years of Dior if he reclasses to 2021 since he would only be 18 after the 2021-22 season?

The 2022 guys would have less reason to go to Syracuse if Dior is gone. I don't like it.
It hurts with Zion no doubt. But I think we could focus on JJ/Gayle/Hutchinson and we’ll still have JG and Kadary. A sophomore Benny.

I don’t know what this means for Westry though

It wont be Dior.
Does buddy move to the 3 in this scenario? I just don’t see JG and Buddy playing less over a frosh. This isn’t Carmelo showing up is it?

Does buddy move to the 3 in this scenario? I just don’t see JG and Buddy playing less over a frosh. This isn’t Carmelo showing up is it?
Really hard to imagine Buddy sits as a senior

Im not sure how serious i’d take the reclassification thoughts.

I think we still are favorites for Westry, Mac and JJ at that point anyways. Watching Lands too.

Im not sure how serious i’d take the reclassification thoughts.

I think we still are favorites for Westry, Mac and JJ at that point anyways. Watching Lands too.
That may be optimistic, no? Seems our interest in JJ is lukewarm, and I have not gotten the impression that Mac is leaning our way by any means. If you know otherwise, that would be welcome news.

So I fully admit I may be wrong on this...

But isn’t the NBA draft requirement a year removed from high school graduation AND at least 19 years old?

If that’s the case, would that mean 2 years of Dior if he reclasses to 2021 since he would only be 18 after the 2021-22 season?

He can’t reclassify to 2021 unless he graduates from high school. He can’t attend SU without graduating and meeting academic requirements.

If he is able to attend SU in 2021, he could be eligible for the NBA draft in 2022 because he would be one year removed from graduating HS. So if he is 19 years old by May 2022, he should be good to go.

Last edited:
He can’t reclassify to 2021 unless he graduates from high school. He can’t attend SU without graduating and meeting academic requirements.

If he is able to attend SU in 2021, he could be eligible for the NBA draft in 2022 because he would be one year removed from graduating HS. So if he is 19 years old by May 2022, he should be good to go.

Born Jan 28, 2004. Won't be 19 until Jan 28, 2023.

This was a hilariously poor attempt at answering the underlying question

Right - that’s what I was getting at. If he doesn’t turn 19 until 2023, I think under the current rules he can’t go until the June 2023 draft.

So if he comes a year early, it could mean an extra year not just that he is just shifting which year he comes.

It's 19 OR one year removed from high school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom