Class of 2022 - PG Dior Johnson (NY / CA) | Page 73 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Dior Johnson (NY / CA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if I was confusing. I guess I was trying to say he either will be old enough for the draft, or he is trying to graduate from HS at 17 years old.

It seems unlikely that he would have the courses completed to graduate after his junior year.

Long time ago, but I graduated from high school and started college at 17. I had a late birthday, and turned 18 a month and a half after I started college. I don't see the problem here.

F342924C-2111-49FC-BFC1-8E932311E163.jpeg

Long time ago, but I graduated from high school and started college at 17. I had a late birthday, and turned 18 a month and a half after I started college. I don't see the problem here.

See the 2nd paragraph above. He’s on his third HS in three years. Accumulating the credits he will need to graduate and hit the minimum requirements to attend SU in three years will be very challenging.

Question - did you graduate from High School in three years?

It's 19 OR one year removed from high school.

Everything I have seen is that it is “And” not “Or”.

This page talks about that more -https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_draft#Draft_selection_process

And this article about Emoni Bates considering the same thing says similar - Assessing the many potential paths for Emoni Bates

The NBA has talked about lowering the age requirement, which if they do then obviously that changes everything. But I think under current rules he’s not eligible until the 2023 draft regardless of whether he is class of 2021 or 2022.

I did the same thing (many years ago).

The 2022 guys would have less reason to go to Syracuse if Dior is gone. I don't like it.
We can absolutely get Roddy and JJ. JJ's family would love for him to stay home and go to Cuse, but with Dior here, that's probably unlikely. This would open the door for both of them.

We can absolutely get Roddy and JJ. JJ's family would love for him to stay home and go to Cuse, but with Dior here, that's probably unlikely. This would open the door for both of them.
How about Westry? And the other guys that Dior was talking to? It doesn't matter, it's wishful thinking on his part. I don't believe he could make it happen.

How about Westry? And the other guys that Dior was talking to? It doesn't matter, it's wishful thinking on his part. I don't believe he could make it happen.
As everyone has said, he’s been to too many schools. Reclassifying won’t likely happen.

Hopefully not being able to move up a year doesn't change anything for Dior from the perspective of coming to Cuse vs G Leaguing it.

Bingo. We get to make our run with Dior, and increase our chances with the two guys at guard that in my opinion are the best options for our future success in 2023, and beyond. It probably doesn’t happen for reasons already stated, but if it does, then I guess everyone is worried about losing out on Zion, and Chance. Presumably Chance more than Zion. Love the kid, but if this helps us land JJ, and especially Roddy, then so be it.

I thought he was 100% Cuse anyway? Is it only Dior that he likes about us? The staff can’t sell him on being the man here without Dior? Just wants to be Robin to Dior’s Batman? Eh, this is all most likely fruitless in the end. Zion was always a pipe dream in my eyes, so basically to me this would only have an impact on Chance. The kid with a silent verbal for months now that has been all about us, and only tempered his commitment to the Cuse because of pops. I guess we’re just Dior U in 2022, and have nothing to offer without him. Yeah, I like to exaggerate.

Anyone else have a “wait and see” feeling about the next few years? I’m excited for the possible future but I can’t get overly pumped until these kids actually arrive on campus.

Yeah, enjoy the ride, and hope for the best. It’s just nice to be in contention again for the top dogs.

Buddy would bring elite offense from the bench on typical Syracuse teams. Ditto for Jg3. Weird roster lol
Agreed either way Dior will be on the floor 35 a game

That’s a scary but realistic thought

It's my worry when a kid starts thinking aggressively about speeding up his process of getting to his ultimate destination. If he gets rolling down that path and then finds out his plans have changed it can be a huge fork in the road. Dior doesn't come off as a kid who has encountered many road blocks he couldn't charge through. He has changed schools when he wanted, has friends in the highest of places and before we all forget is still just a kid enjoying his youth. Reclassifying is just the next Dior doing as he wants to do on a long list. The reality this could very likely not happen, and if it does, could go any number of ways.

Note- not trying to over analyze or fear monger. Not expecting this to mean Dior is unlikely to show up now. Just looking at this from the lens of this is a still a kid and 2022 is a long ways away especially with how crazy the world is right now.

Last edited:
I hope he does reclass to 2021. It wouldn't change anything about his draft class. Current rules state that you have to turn 19 in the year you get drafted, in this case, 2023. The exact rules are below.

• All drafted players must be at least 19 years old during the calendar year of the draft.[12] To determine whether a player is eligible for a given year's draft, subtract 19 from the year of the draft. If the player was born during or before that year, he is eligible.
  • Any player who is not an "international player", as defined in the CBA, must be at least one year removed from the graduation of his high school class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom