Class of 2022 - PG Dior Johnson (NY / CA) | Page 89 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Dior Johnson (NY / CA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dior Johnson has left Oak Hill Academy and his status at one of the nation’s premier prep basketball schools is “at an impasse,” coach Steve Smith said.

“He’s at home,” Smith said. “Whether he’s coming back, I don’t know. He left campus and went home. He’s with his mother. I really can’t say much else.”

Johnson has worn a cast since Sept. 21 to deal with a stress reaction in his foot, Smith said. He has not practiced with the team since.

“He’s out,” Smith said, “and that was part of the problem.”

Smith said Johnson went home to seek another medical opinion. He has not withdrawn from school.

“It’s an administrative decision and his decision about whether he comes back,” Smith said.

You move away from home to play basketball, and now you have a broken foot and can't play.

Got to be frustrating for him.

And he said Oak Hill is "basketball, school - and nothing else."

Take away the hoops part for an elite baller, and left with "school, and nothing else" probably sucks royal.

Jeez, hope dior is ok. This is concerning. He needs to be in school. Hes 16 or whatever. Im sure coaches are in contact.

So, I'm running out of panicky kitten gifs - something has to give.
A834D38D-2A22-4678-9505-CF4B389939C1.gif

Feel bad for him! He’s a smart solid kid. We now know reclassifying is probably not feasible given the circumstances. Boat still on course.

This kid has shown such loyalty to Syracuse from the get go and has even volunteered to strengthen the program with other quality recruits, but yet he gets little to no confidence of many on this board as to his playing here. Pathetic! Purely negative speculation with no basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom