Class of 2022 - PG Dior Johnson (NY / CA) | Page 90 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Dior Johnson (NY / CA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know nothing about Dior personally but from what I've heard and read he doesn't strike me as the gleague type.

Agreed. Based on his comments, he comes off like the kind of kid who expects to go to Cuse and win a national title, and then go pro and get picked number 1 while the shoe companies try to outbid each other for him.

Agreed. Based on his comments, he comes off like the kind of kid who expects to go to Cuse and win a national title, and then go pro and get picked number 1 while the shoe companies try to outbid each other for him.
Yes

Feel bad for him! He’s a smart solid kid. We now know reclassifying is probably not feasible given the circumstances. Boat still on course.
Why? He's an incredibly talented young guy who's about to make a boatload of money. I'd trade places with him.

All true.

All the same any one of these kids could decommit and go somewhere else, transfer after a year, leave the team by Thanksgiving break, go pro after a year, etc.

I try to go off what we know (kid is a Cuse commit) and don’t understand the point of predicting something else will happen...years down the road.
i'm not predicting anything
anything

The haters log on to syr fan.com at 1:35 PM, check the Dior thread and are like...

8E91E57D-E15A-4ED8-9239-66C4821D81D1.png

Just because you think he won't end up here doesn't mean you need to post it

Especially when your thoughts are just based on your own PTSD from Darius Bazley and like...Stephon Marbury or something, because you pay way too much attention to all of this and also have some Costanza tendencies.

Especially when your thoughts are just based on your own PTSD from Darius Bazley and like...Stephon Marbury or something, because you pay way too much attention to all of this and also have some Costanza tendencies.

I swear people on here rooting he doesnt come here.

Imagine taking shots at a kid who is injured and hundreds of miles away from home like you know what he's going through. The state of this thread.

He's averaging a new school every 17 pages of this thread. There are lots of studies noting the correlation between switching schools and a lack of academic success. I suppose the good news for Dior is that diploma factories abound, so I'm sure he'll be able to find some place to ultimately rubber stamp his transcript.

Kid has all the talent in the world and seems to have really put in the work on the court. Given the opportunities for players of his caliber to earn a living at a young age, expecting him to matriculate at Syracuse just seems foolhardy.

He's averaging a new school every 17 pages of this thread. There are lots of studies noting the correlation between switching schools and a lack of academic success. I suppose the good news for Dior is that diploma factories abound, so I'm sure he'll be able to find some place to ultimately rubber stamp his transcript.

Kid has all the talent in the world and seems to have really put in the work on the court. Given the opportunities for players of his caliber to earn a living at a young age, expecting him to matriculate at Syracuse just seems foolhardy.
The kid is going to play 1 year. They will do what is needed for him to be eligible here and then he is gone. He isn’t a 4 year student

real commits only switch schools every 25 pages, look at benny williams

What has kind of indication ever been shown that would make u say that ? Honestly
I think the day after he committed a bunch of people here said he’d never make it here. It was always the belief of people; im not sure what it was ever based on

real commits only switch schools every 25 pages, look at benny williams

You don't think it's problematic that he still has two years before he matriculates, and he has attended school in NY, Florida (for a cup of coffee), two schools in CA, and a school in VA? At least three of those schools sole purpose is to prepare him for college/professional basketball. (John Camden would make me leery too, but he transfers largely for playing time and fit - Dior is the plug-and-play star wherever he goes).

I'm not a hater. I'd love for him to come to Syracuse. He's an amazing player. But that's a bad track record. And he doesnt have to come to college. Does it make more sense that the kid who bounces from school to school goes to Syracuse, or goes straight to the pros?

It's still early for 2022, but I find it interesting that none of the 2021s or 2022s he targeted have committed? I have no clue what those kids are thinking, but the rush to play with a star point guard has not come to fruition yet.

I think the day after he committed a bunch of people here said he’d never make it here. It was always the belief of people; im not sure what it was ever based on

I've been saying this since before he committed. Most simply put, he doesnt seem interested in school, and doesnt have to attend. Most often, those kids dont (whether its for basketball or anything else).

I swear people on here rooting he doesnt come here.
Yes, kinda like the people who were rooting against football being played

Back to Dior, it is a bit concerning he cant stay at a high school for more than a semester at a time though

I refuse to believe any SU fan is hoping he never makes it to campus. That said I am as equally confused by the point of view that he will definitely play here. Lot of time before we will know anything. For my sanity I don't judge anything until I see the player in an ACC game.

Of course he is going to change schools more than the average kid this is pretty common with elite prospects. One of the schools he only left because he went there for a coach and he was fired right before. That is not Dior's fault and it was unexpected. I think he is getting a 2nd opinion on his foot right now and that is what is happening. He is still enrolled in school I believe. There are some red flags but I don't think he is going another route. He had made it clear in about every interview I have seen in the last 18 months he is coming here. He also is one of those kids that wants to go to college and get exposure and got in the top 5 in the draft. He is not trying to make 150k right now for his family and get a internship at New Balance or go practice in the G league. He will get into school and come here is my prediction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom