Class of 2022 - PG Dior Johnson (NY / CA) | Page 32 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Dior Johnson (NY / CA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given the positives and potential with this year's freshman class, the weight gain and growth of a big like JBA and the promise being shown from Kadary and Woody, we just need to complete the 180 this season and find a way to the tourney. That would be the ideal launching pad for a progressive curve that then explodes when Dior and whoever else comes with him get here. Hopefully all those positives and growth can overcome losing Eli.

Program momentum certainly can't hurt.

Let's not sound like sour grapes. Ridiculous athlete. Who's to say he can't develop? Sounds like an illogical conclusion. If he learns to shoot a bit, he's got NBA potential.

No sour grapes at all. Again , my comp was Johnson. He was 26th pick in the 1st round and played two years in the NBA. My bet is that Jackson falls something short of that relatively modest career. We shall see.

No sour grapes at all. Again , my comp was Johnson. He was 26th pick in the 1st round and played two years in the NBA. My bet is that Jackson falls something short of that relatively modest career. We shall see.

I get that, and it's a fair comp. But if Johnson could develop why are you assuming AJ can't. I don't see anything to suggest he couldn't as well. If anything, his passing and ball handling are better. Think he could be a better player.

Dior had a triple double in his last game... 30 points, 10 assists, and 10 rebounds. Not bad from your point guard!
Screenshot_20200209-091531_Instagram.jpg

(Preface: Unlike when I decided to catch up on the Taurean Thompson thread overnight when nobody else was on and a few folks flipped out, I decided to take a different approach here and bypassed many posts I would have liked to have responded to...although that event did lead someone to call me “a very poor man's Hunter S Thompson”, which is sincerely probably the nicest thing that anyone has ever said about me in the recruitng section...and I'm guessing this post will be too long for many folks to feel like reading, unlike the individual replies in the TT thread)

As others have said, this is EPIC. I don't expect it will turn out like it did the last time JB said he was getting the biggest recruit since Melo(Chris McCollough), but at the same time I am not going to do like some and judge those who are guarding their emotions, even if a 1 sentence dig at them could get me 24 likes, as I've already seen on here.

I also love that this kid has seemingly taken it upon himself to rebuild the program, and is declaring “Cuse is back”. Some may think it sounds arrogant(especially from someone that could likely leave after one season), but even if it was I welcome the swagger he brings and would welcome these other recruits as well. Some may remember that Matthew Moyer was also putting a lot of effort into recruiting, but I want to believe this is on a different level and will be more successful. If some of what I am reading on here is true, he might end up being a bigger recruit than Melo and be more like a lesser version of Pearl Washington in terms of starting a new tradition for the program by luring more recruits.

This kid's excitement and profilic number of social media posts about The Cuse is EPIC. The nice things he's said about coming here could even influence people beyond those he is hinting at recruiting himself...and it validates the program in ways that forcing kids to read the pitches we make to ourselves never could. ….That said, I will be cautious and repeat what others have noted, that this kid is different from many of the recruits many have salivated over for years on here, and has stated he doesn't enjoy the recruiting process.

Nice win for Coach McNamara here as well. He's taken a lot of abuse on here(and still is getting some backhanded "compliments" even in this thread), so him being behind this makes it even sweeter. I will try not to joke about him robbing the cradle(offering a 7th grader). Heck, maybe this tactic should be used more often if they can identify anyone that early. Shout out to Dior for listening to Gerry and keeping it under wraps as long as he did. Also, nice to see that JB also made an in person visit while Dior was still in the 7th grade.

Now I guess we just have to wait for him to arrive. Kind of reminds if a supermodel had committed to fornicating with you in 2 and a half years. Even if you had faith she wouldn't change her mind, the wait and anticipation might be hard for some to deal with. Still great news, LGO!!!!

Great to have a legend like Tee back in the house, and also members I have missed like Jordoo, Dave85, and Shark. Who knows whom else Dior will bring back from the land of the dead, but the kid already is working some minor miracles, which gives me faith the bigger ones may materialize as well.

That and the thumb thing remind me of someone else whose posts I've missed for a long time, JarHeadJim. With some of the fantastical thinking I've seen in here plus the return of Tee, JHJ is on my list of folks I'd enjoy returning.

You left off asking if he could play down low. ;) Being this thread is full of dreams, I may as well add one more before the thread is locked. Peace in the Middle East would be nice as well.
Believe it or not, Dior has some nice and creative post moves. He was showing them all off on his Instagram stories about a week ago. Size would be the issue of course, but he has so many ways to get his shot off.

Let's not sound like sour grapes. Ridiculous athlete. Who's to say he can't develop? Sounds like an illogical conclusion. If he learns to shoot a bit, he's got NBA potential.

If he gets good at the most important skill in basketball(which he presently sucks at), he could play basketball at the highest level. Lol.

If he gets good at the most important skill in basketball(which he presently sucks at), he could play basketball at the highest level. Lol.

Um Oshea Brisset says hello.

There are so many obstacles to this kid actually coming here, that I'd be shocked if he makes it to campus. I haven't read through the entire thread, so maybe it's been discussed, but my source, who is very familiar with this kids academics while in Kingston/Saugerties says that even if he forgoes the NBA draft (if it becomes possible), he'll have major trouble academically, not to mention his off the court problems. Says there will be clearing house issues.
Only has to qualify for SU. He’s going to be a one and done. We are talking about 1 semester of college.

There are so many obstacles to this kid actually coming here, that I'd be shocked if he makes it to campus. I haven't read through the entire thread, so maybe it's been discussed, but my source, who is very familiar with this kids academics while in Kingston/Saugerties says that even if he forgoes the NBA draft (if it becomes possible), he'll have major trouble academically, not to mention his off the court problems. Says there will be clearing house issues.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Just from his Twitter IG announcement, I was impressed

Lol so a school he hasn’t attend in over a year plus “off the court problems”?

delete this post man

spelled Eleanor wrong in ya sig

1581278764565.png

We get it.

Let people enjoy things.
Don't pay any attention to this nonsense. The kid is a soph in high school and this guy says that he will always have academic issues. Think about that? On it's face, it's ridiculous. How often does a kid with this kind of skill not be able to get in to school as a frosh? These kids get in to Duke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom