Class of 2022 - PG Dior Johnson (NY / CA) | Page 41 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Dior Johnson (NY / CA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
the story as i understand it (which may or may not be correct in all the details):
dior wanted and/or needed better competition for high school ball. he had an offer & scholarship to play for bball factory findlay prep in nevada (which produced many high d1 players, including our own oshae brissett).

suddenly last summer, findlay shut down without warning. lots of rumors surrounding that which i won't go into

dior had to find a new place to play. he didn't want to return to the inferior competition back home so he ended up in socal at defending city champion fairfax high. (i have heard that he has family out here which is why he ended up in socal, but i don't know if that is a fact). he left fairfax before the school year started and instead enrolled at mayfair high in lakewood.
i'll be curious to see if dior returns to mayfair next year. as noted above, he & senior mdc aa josh christopher were pretty much a 2 man team. or maybe he can recruit some of socal's finest to join him there?

i hope he doesn't change schools again, or if he does then it is the final time. the more he moves around, the more likely he is to have clearinghouse issues
so, i got the story last night from someone reasonably close to the situation

after findlay closed down, lebron was recruiting to come play with bronny at sierra canyon. but dior had missed the registration deadline. lebron said no problem, come live with us, we'll get you into a local school with a good program, you can play there for a year and than transfer to sierra canyon next year.

they identified fairfax high, the defending city champs, as the best spot, but the fairfax coach said great. but, i don't care who you are, everyone who wants to play on my team has to participate in our open tryouts ; no special treatment. so , they just didn't start off on the right foot, and dior moved on to mayfair to play alongside josh christopher. but he will transfer to sierra canyon next year.

so, i got the story last night from someone reasonably close to the situation

after findlay closed down, lebron was recruiting to come play with bronny at sierra canyon. but dior had missed the registration deadline. lebron said no problem, come live with us, we'll get you into a local school with a good program, you can play there for a year and than transfer to sierra canyon next year.

they identified fairfax high, the defending city champs, as the best spot, but the fairfax coach said great. but, i don't care who you are, everyone who wants to play on my team has to participate in our open tryouts ; no special treatment. so , they just didn't start off on the right foot, and dior moved on to mayfair to play alongside josh christopher. but he will transfer to sierra canyon next year.
This would be great. He'll be all over ESPN with a number of games on national TV being talked about as the Case commit that's best PG in the country playing alongside Bronny.

I first started following SU bball in 1974-75. I believe JB is better than ever right now. This year has been a fantastic developmental year and I have enjoyed every moment of it. Look at where the team was in early November. Now look at the development of the entire team, especially Bourama, Jesse, Quincy, Brycen. I have never seen another team evolve to this degree from start to finish. Anybody else this team is under .500.

I firmly believe that 2023 is going to be Jimmy’s last year and he’s going to load up talent and go out on a high note. Just think that year we COULD have:
Seniors: JG3, Quincy (although I don’t think he’ll still be here as a senior), Jesse, Brycen, and Jalen (another I don’t expect will be here)
Juniors: Woody, Kadary, and JBA
Sophomores: Guessing Benny and possibly Etienne
Freshmen: Dior, Chance, and at least one or two more top 50-100 guys
Yeah I’d say Jimmy is going all out for at least one last major run.

I first started following SU bball in 1974-75. I believe JB is better than ever right now. This year has been a fantastic developmental year and I have enjoyed every moment of it. Look at where the team was in early November. Now look at the development of the entire team, especially Bourama, Jesse, Quincy, Brycen. I have never seen another team evolve to this degree from start to finish. Anybody else this team is under .500.
Better than ever...are u kidding me?!

Mike Lee made a 3 on 2 Fast Break (He was middle man)no look lefthanded pass in 1974 "Nothing new under the sun" except no one can shoot 10' Jumpers or bank shots...Sam Jones would be a Novelty.. By the way Mike thanks for the OOHs and Ahs. also a shout out to Leo for his tap pass in the Houston Game (83?) to Red Bruin?'Another Wow...

Mike Lee made a 3 on 2 Fast Break (He was middle man)no look lefthanded pass in 1974 "Nothing new under the sun" except no one can shoot 10' Jumpers or bank shots...Sam Jones would be a Novelty.. By the way Mike thanks for the OOHs and Ahs. also a shout out to Leo for his tap pass in the Houston Game (83?) to Red Bruin?'Another Wow...
And to Sweet D for the most amazing pre game warm up in the history of college basketball. Lets not forget Chris the Rocket man either!

Screenshot_20200312-060103_Instagram.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors