Class of 2022 - PG Dior Johnson (NY / CA) | Page 100 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Dior Johnson (NY / CA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well maybe if the staff would lock up some backup commits like Westry or Gayle or somebody else. People would feel a bit better. Problem is our staff waits to long and lets the kids decide on their own time table instead of inserting our own timetable. Gotta say listen we want you but we need to know by set time or we are moving on.

First, I’m judging the 3 people who liked this.(actually two of them I’d already judged and the 3rd I’ve never heard of, but now he’s on my radar).

Second, CuseRunner I’m just curious. Which topic would you say you know the most about?

- Recruiting strategy in college b-ball.

- Building a strong NFL team.

- Managing the injuries and recoveries of professional baseball players.

- Playing through serious injuries at the professional level.

- COVID

- Governing a state

Which one is your true area of expertise?

As a SU fan it’s only natural to be nervous about outcomes. Ergo a lot of die hard fans including myself utilize Defensive pessimism as a strategy to manage anxiety. We/They still are a big fan as anyone just use this way of dealing with the future. Others are optimistic as hell. I’ll bet the latter Wished they could be that way rather than half the glass filled types.

Last edited:
wow; corona is way out in riverside county, a long way from los angeles
they do have a strong basketball program, though. went 26-3 last year
Unless I am missing something, that school seems pretty random. A good program but not a factory. Not sure what's up.

Pure prediction (wishful thinking): Dior spends this year at Corona & then enrolls at Sierra Canyon to play his senior year alongside Westry & Bronny. Wasn’t there something mentioned months ago in this thread, when Dior was still in Cali prior to transferring to Oak Hill, about Sierra Canyon not accepting mid-year transfers? Could be a hang up.

Well maybe if the staff would lock up some backup commits like Westry or Gayle or somebody else. People would feel a bit better. Problem is our staff waits to long and lets the kids decide on their own time table instead of inserting our own timetable. Gotta say listen we want you but we need to know by set time or we are moving on.

So you don’t want to lose Dior and you want to blame Gerry for “Losing him”. You also want them to go lock up back up plans. Hmmmm. There’s a word in recruiting called prioritizing. Kind of a big one. Especially when the player is top 10 recruit, the staff puts priority on that player and doesn’t try to reel in smaller fish when the big fish is already in the boat. For once I would love for this fan base to show poise and patience

So you don’t want to lose Dior and you want to blame Gerry for “Losing him”. You also want them to go lock up back up plans. Hmmmm. There’s a word in recruiting called prioritizing. Kind of a big one. Especially when the player is top 10 recruit, the staff puts priority on that player and doesn’t try to reel in smaller fish when the big fish is already in the boat. For once I would love for this fan base to show poise and patience
There should be a multi-like button.

As a SU fan it’s only natural to be nervous about outcomes. Ergo a lot of die hard fans including myself utilize Defensive pessimism as a strategy to manage anxiety. We/They still are a big fan as anyone just use this way of dealing with the future. Others are optimistic as hell. I’ll bet the latter Wished they could be that way rather than half the glass filled types.

How about keeping your defensive pessimism to yourself. Nobody wants to be surrounded by that all the time. Its a real buzzkill. I don't suppose there's a rule that says you have to shout your pessimism from the rooftops, is there? So...you feel like crap through the whole process just so you don't cry at the ending when the dog dies? I'd rather enjoy the whole movie but just feel sad at the end if there is a sad ending. You waste the entire movie on the chance it doesn't have a happy ending.

So you don’t want to lose Dior and you want to blame Gerry for “Losing him”. You also want them to go lock up back up plans. Hmmmm. There’s a word in recruiting called prioritizing. Kind of a big one. Especially when the player is top 10 recruit, the staff puts priority on that player and doesn’t try to reel in smaller fish when the big fish is already in the boat. For once I would love for this fan base to show poise and patience and some common sense.
Added something.

Bulldog, yes prioritizing is a method for making it known to a recruit that you want him and putting the recruiting resources in place to get him. We have done that with varying success in the past. I believe what most folks are concerned with is that we don’t repeat the Quade Green fiasco of 3 years ago which has left a foul taste in many mouths. With Dior being in 2022 (don’t believe that he will reclassify earlier), they feel that we can explore pg recruits now. Dual edge sword, may lose Dior if he perceives the love isn’t there any more.

CuseRunner clearly doesn’t watch Curb being that he’s clearly a big ultimatum guy.

Yeah ultimatums always work out great. Cmon. That’s foolish. How about be understanding of a kid and how crazy of a process is for them. You guys want great players, this is the stuff that goes along with it.
*too long

There are six of the Top 100 players in the class of 2022 committed at this point. One of them is Dior. We are currently killing it for 2022. Get that weak shitte outta here.

You should head back to the baseball thread... Oh wait - the Yankees underperformed as usual so you left there. Now it's the football thread for you.
First, I’m judging the 3 people who liked this.(actually two of them I’d already judged and the 3rd I’ve never heard of, but now he’s on my radar).

Second, CuseRunner I’m just curious. Which topic would you say you know the most about?

- Recruiting strategy in college b-ball.

- Building a strong NFL team.

- Managing the injuries and recoveries of professional baseball players.

- Playing through serious injuries at the professional level.

- COVID

- Governing a state

Which one is your true area of expertise?
DDB30B09-62DA-48A9-8894-3962382403FE.gif

Don’t concentrate/stress on things outside your control. It’s crazy to die of a thousand cuts. Dior loves us. He has things to resolve and is doing that. If ultimately he does not come so be it. There is something to be said for positivity. Especially on a recruiting board!

How about keeping your defensive pessimism to yourself. Nobody wants to be surrounded by that all the time. Its a real buzzkill. I don't suppose there's a rule that says you have to shout your pessimism from the rooftops, is there? So...you feel like crap through the whole process just so you don't cry at the ending when the dog dies? I'd rather enjoy the whole movie but just feel sad at the end if there is a sad ending. You waste the entire movie on the chance it doesn't have a happy ending.
Creep

Gotta say, when we first got diors commitment, I was, of course, as thrilled as everybody else on this forum. However, I could not but help to think to myself that this is too good to be true, at least without drama. I didn’t want to be a negative nelly so I refrained from posting that thought at that time.

hell, yes, we are CUSE, we are drama, let the fun begin and hope for the best !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom