Class of 2023 - PG Elliot Cadeau (NJ / Link) Offered | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 PG Elliot Cadeau (NJ / Link) Offered

Going to be running through a bunch of these posts to summarize their numbers on Cerebro's database (charts basically all the AAU competitions and tournaments and maybe some rare regular season high school games).

Cadeau's numbers across the last two years (across 1300.67 minutes of game action):
  • 195/361 on 2 pointers (54.0%)
  • 38/117 on 3 pointers (32.5%)
  • 164/218 on free throws (75.2%)
  • Per 40 minutes, he averaged 20.5 points, 5.7 rebounds, 7.5 assists, 3.7 turnovers, 0.4 blocks, and 3.1 steals on a TS% of 58.2%.

This one had an interesting quote… for every school it was like “good relationship with all the coaching staff” for us it was “i want to visit”
I suspect that Texas and Louisville will be falling way behind in Cadeau’s recruitment, considering Louisville’s total implosion and Texas’s indefinite suspension of Chris Beard.

Very interesting. Then again still would be here with a logjam at guard and unknowns around JG3.

Might we be expecting Judah to be a surefire draft pick by season end and this reclass being a possible replacement?

Tell Might we be expecting Judah to be a surefire draft pick by season end and this reclass being a possible replacement?
At this point in time, Judah is a good player but he needs time to mature as a point guard and as a 3pt shooter. He is not in a scenario like Tyler Ennis was in 2014. i would suspect that even if Judah blows up for the rest of season, he will not yet be ready for the pros. Conversely, if the pros were to offer him a lottery 3yr $7-10 million contract, I would tell him take the money and run.

Conversely, if the pros were to offer him a lottery 3yr $7-10 million contract, I would tell him take the money and run.
I'm sure he would appreciate your opinion, but I think most 19-year-old kids would take that offer. Unless, of course, they attend UNC, where they are paid more and would stay for four years (now legally of course).

He can't make a outside shot at this point. I don't think he is a first round pick at this point because of that.

Which makes sense. Just curious where Cadeau fits at the inn unless you see a couple departures.

Also it doesn't seem to matter these days to kids whether they go 17 or 47 in the draft... if there is clearly good money on the table.

He can't make a outside shot at this point. I don't think he is a first round pick at this point because of that.

At this point in time, Judah is a good player but he needs time to mature as a point guard and as a 3pt shooter. He is not in a scenario like Tyler Ennis was in 2014. i would suspect that even if Judah blows up for the rest of season, he will not yet be ready for the pros. Conversely, if the pros were to offer him a lottery 3yr $7-10 million contract, I would tell him take the money and run.

Tend to agree with both of you. Not sure he's a one-and-done, due to the reasons you both point out.

But I could see him as a two-and-done, after a year of working on his J, and being the focal point next year on offense.

One of the best point guards in the country, Elliot Cadeau of Link Academy (MO), recently narrowed down his long list of schools to six. The 6-foot-2 class of 2024 prospect included Kansas, Louisville, North Carolina, Syracuse, Texas, and Texas Tech among his finalists.

Of the six, Cadeau has visited three programs: Louisville, Texas Tech, and North Carolina.

As of this writing, Cadeau hasn’t scheduled any additional visits but mentioned a trip to Syracuse is possible. He also isn’t closed off to taking other visits too.

“We’re in talks of trying to get out there,” he said of Syracuse.

Cadeau then immediately followed up by noting how the recruitment process is starting to wane on him, and to no surprise either.

“I’m trying to finish out my recruitment because it’s really stressful,” he says.
Cadeau doesn’t have a commitment date yet but says he would like to make a decision before the AAU season begins in April.

Reclassifying to 2023 is also an option, but he hasn’t fully made up his mind just yet.

“I think it will be a last-minute decision,” he said of reclassifying to 2023. “I think I’m staying in 2024 for now. Me and the coaches both bring it up. We’re not trying to force anything because I’ve seen a lot of people reclass up and it not work for them.

“If a school I really want to go to, if their point guard enters the draft out of nowhere, then I might be ready for that spot.”

One of the best point guards in the country, Elliot Cadeau of Link Academy (MO), recently narrowed down his long list of schools to six. The 6-foot-2 class of 2024 prospect included Kansas, Louisville, North Carolina, Syracuse, Texas, and Texas Tech among his finalists.

Of the six, Cadeau has visited three programs: Louisville, Texas Tech, and North Carolina.

As of this writing, Cadeau hasn’t scheduled any additional visits but mentioned a trip to Syracuse is possible. He also isn’t closed off to taking other visits too.

“We’re in talks of trying to get out there,” he said of Syracuse.

Cadeau then immediately followed up by noting how the recruitment process is starting to wane on him, and to no surprise either.

“I’m trying to finish out my recruitment because it’s really stressful,” he says.
Cadeau doesn’t have a commitment date yet but says he would like to make a decision before the AAU season begins in April.

Reclassifying to 2023 is also an option, but he hasn’t fully made up his mind just yet.

“I think it will be a last-minute decision,” he said of reclassifying to 2023. “I think I’m staying in 2024 for now. Me and the coaches both bring it up. We’re not trying to force anything because I’ve seen a lot of people reclass up and it not work for them.

“If a school I really want to go to, if their point guard enters the draft out of nowhere, then I might be ready for that spot.”
Brother in Christ tell this kid it doesn’t matter if we lose a point guard or not because he IS the point guard on this team if he comes.

he would like to make a decision before the AAU season begins in April.

Meaning he’s waiting until April because if Judah goes pro he’ll reclassify and come to Cuse.

Meaning he’s waiting until April because if Judah goes pro he’ll reclassify and come to Cuse.

Makes the most sense. Love Judah for 2 years but if he starts hitting the 3ball and continues to get better overall its good for us this year

Judah’s game right now does not warrant a high draft pick. While he has very good penetration skills at this level, he too often gets caught after penetration without an available passing outlet which leads to turnovers or charging fouls. By the way, I’m glad we have him.

Like you stated/refer to let’s see how he matures in ACC play and in NCAA tournament play (positive thinking) before predicting his departure.

If Cadeau does come early to Syracuse in 2023-2024, he would probably be the point and Judah would move to the shooting guard role which would help Judah’s overall draft status by demonstrating the ability to play either guard position.

Playing a year together with Cadeau will help both of them in gaining needed experience.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom