Class of 2023 - PG Elliot Cadeau (NJ / Link) Offered | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 PG Elliot Cadeau (NJ / Link) Offered

One of the best point guards in the country, Elliot Cadeau of Link Academy (MO), recently narrowed down his long list of schools to six. The 6-foot-2 class of 2024 prospect included Kansas, Louisville, North Carolina, Syracuse, Texas, and Texas Tech among his finalists.

Of the six, Cadeau has visited three programs: Louisville, Texas Tech, and North Carolina.

As of this writing, Cadeau hasn’t scheduled any additional visits but mentioned a trip to Syracuse is possible. He also isn’t closed off to taking other visits too.

“We’re in talks of trying to get out there,” he said of Syracuse.

Cadeau then immediately followed up by noting how the recruitment process is starting to wane on him, and to no surprise either.

“I’m trying to finish out my recruitment because it’s really stressful,” he says.
Cadeau doesn’t have a commitment date yet but says he would like to make a decision before the AAU season begins in April.

Reclassifying to 2023 is also an option, but he hasn’t fully made up his mind just yet.

“I think it will be a last-minute decision,” he said of reclassifying to 2023. “I think I’m staying in 2024 for now. Me and the coaches both bring it up. We’re not trying to force anything because I’ve seen a lot of people reclass up and it not work for them.

“If a school I really want to go to, if their point guard enters the draft out of nowhere, then I might be ready for that spot.”
"We're in talks of trying to get out there.". Is it me or is that a $ negotiation type of language?

"We're in talks of trying to get out there.". Is it me or is that a $ negotiation type of language?
Whether or not it's negotiation language, going forward we're only landing Cadeau or similar talents if we pay for it.

Knowing how we recruit, we will prob want to get him for the Duke game in Feb and then push hard for 2 months lol (we all know how this goes). Only difference now is the opportunity for $1M in NIL.

I would assume TT is the leader here since that’s his dream school and they also offer pretty good NIL (assuming $250k-$500k).

Need this kid next to Judah next season.. he would be the calming presence needed. I love Judah he’s just too erratic to primarily be the point guard.

Need this kid next to Judah next season.. he would be the calming presence needed. I love Judah he’s just too erratic to primarily be the point guard.
This team needs a lot next year and we have zero recruits.

This team needs a lot next year and we have zero recruits.
No spots for anyone who you’re not willing to push someone out for, at least at this point. If Jesse keeps getting bodied by smaller physical guys, he’s probably not going to leave this year, Joe might not either meaning you have 0 spots available from expected graduations.

both of those guys are leaving. book it
I would think so, but if its not guaranteed, it’s tough to

1) convince a guy to come when the scholarship might not be there and
2) possibly push a guy out who is clearly better than any freshman you’ll get who isn’t top 25.

If anything, it’ll be a portal year which people were clamoring for anyway.

Jesse coming back for another year would be music to my ears. I respect the hell out of Joe and what he has done here at SU. However, time to move on. There just are those times for players - time to go and pursue other things. This is Joe's time. Would love to see Jesse, Mintz, Brown, and Taylor be our core 4 with someone yet to be named. Any thoughts on who could possibly fill that role? Bueller? Bueller?

Probably true. Just found the statement fascinating.
Until we start winning like we used to. NIL money, as it works now, will always be a factor. But, winning and getting guys to the NBA are the big factors that we need to change.

No spots for anyone who you’re not willing to push someone out for, at least at this point. If Jesse keeps getting bodied by smaller physical guys, he’s probably not going to leave this year, Joe might not either meaning you have 0 spots available from expected graduations.
I think we can safely assume we will have spots available regardless of how this season goes.

I think we can safely assume we will have spots available regardless of how this season goes.
You can assume, but assumptions =\= promises scholarships. If I’m offered by Syracuse and Miami, and Miami has 2 players graduating and Syracuse has none? I’d rather not risk being asked to look elsewhere

You can assume, but assumptions =\= promises scholarships. If I’m offered by Syracuse and Miami, and Miami has 2 players graduating and Syracuse has none? I’d rather not risk being asked to look elsewhere
I don’t think it’s a risk at all. If he wants to come here, he can come here.

Knowing how we recruit, we will prob want to get him for the Duke game in Feb and then push hard for 2 months lol (we all know how this goes). Only difference now is the opportunity for $1M in NIL.

I would assume TT is the leader here since that’s his dream school and they also offer pretty good NIL (assuming $250k-$500k).
I refuse to believe that Texas Tech is anyone’s dream school.

Seems like the northeast version of that would be something like “Seton Hall is my dream school.”

That’s where I’m at, too. A Canadian kid whose dream school has very little history and is located a million miles from his home?
It’s a school I’ve never once heard a sports fan talk about other than maybe when Bobby Knight first went there? And even then it was more like “Where’s Bobby Knight coaching? Texas A&M?”

“No, one of those other Texas schools. Texas Tech or something?”

Lol, he would never be asked to look elsewhere. another player would be pushed out. But it’ll never come to that.

I refuse to believe that Texas Tech is anyone’s dream school.

Seems like the northeast version of that would be something like “Seton Hall is my dream school.”
It’s because the first year he got into CBB was when Texas Tech went to the finals and he liked the way they play defense.

You have to realize how young these recruits are and their view on CBB is all recency bias.

You have to realize how young these recruits are and their view on CBB is all recency bias.
That is exactly the issue.
A major issue.
2003 was 20 years ago.
They weren't even born.
And now...SU is basically irrelevant.
Even the aspect of 30,000 filling the Dome is gone.

So, it is a Catch 22.
How do you become relevant to land recruits?
How do you land recruits to become relevant?

Sometimes it only takes one recruit to build around.
But there's got to be something to attract the recruit.

That is exactly the issue.
A major issue.
2003 was 20 years ago.
They weren't even born.
And now...SU is basically irrelevant.
Even the aspect of 30,000 filling the Dome is gone.

So, it is a Catch 22.
How do you become relevant to land recruits?
How do you land recruits to become relevant?

Sometimes it only takes one recruit to build around.
But there's got to be something to attract the recruit.
Don’t have to go to 2003, we were a top 5 program from 2009-14. Problem is, even that is about to be out of all of our recruit’s awareness.

Lol, he would never be asked to look elsewhere. another player would be pushed out. But it’ll never come to that.
Of course this guy wouldn’t be, but we were talking about the non-5 stars. If a top 35 guy wants to come here he will get a spot but those 36-75 guys might just take their chances else where

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom