Class of 2018 - PG Jalen Carey (NY/NJ) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PG Jalen Carey (NY/NJ) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Oh, that would be unreal. Actually, I was thinking Baz swooped in and took Simi's spot, and if we are lucky, the other Jalen can take Carey's spot if he doesn't make a decision soon...

I hear ya. Yeah, I'm down with that.

Bottom line is we should be working at least one maybe two other top PG just as hard as Carey, and take first commit or otherwise we could end up repeat of Mr. Green. Do you think NC, KU,UK, or Vill have only one PG they are working hard, I doubt it.

Maybe he has already given us a silent verbal. I sure as hell hope not, it never works out or at least lately it hasn't in a couple of cases.

Maybe he has already given us a silent verbal. I sure as hell hope not, it never works out or at least lately it hasn't in a couple of cases.

We don't have a silent verbal.

Bottom line is we should be working at least one maybe two other top PG just as hard as Carey, and take first commit or otherwise we could end up repeat of Mr. Green. Do you think NC, KU,UK, or Vill have only one PG they are working hard, I doubt it.

No we dont need to do this, we have Washington and Howard at PG for next year if we dont land Carey, however we are recruting a somewhat backup plan in Jalen Lecque in 19 who could reclassify to 2018. We shouldnt be settling for players that are not up to our standards, we need players that fit our system and can develop and play at this level

They must have updated that it said 3 a little while ago. Hopefully by our visit KU has signed another PG.

That would be the ideal situation for us...kansas has someone commit before our official with him and we end up being the final visit to close the deal! Really really hope this one breaks our way...carey and bazley together would be huge for us and that's not even talking about the others we are in contention for.

Devon Dotson, a 6'2 PG from NC, ranked 34th in the 2018 class and #7 PG, is visiting Kansas on August 25th. Would be nice if he commits there to push Carey away from KU.
Be even nicer if Dotson committed to Miami. ;) And not for nothing, but after Swider officials mean little if anything.

They'll threaten Dotson with the Carey visit to squeeze a commitment from Dotson. Decent chance the Carey visit gets cancelled.

Do you still think Uconn is a major player with Carey?

I think you're contradicting yourself. We shouldn't have to settle for players not up to our standards, but then you mention Frank Howard as a reason not to have a backup, who to this point is not an ACC point guard.

I'm not ready to give up on Howard yet, i think he is poised for a better year, i think its just a waste to throw a scholarship at a kid we really dont want just in order to say we added a PG

I don't know if I agree with that philosophy (espoused by some on here) to just simply take the first PG that commits--unless there are comparable guys available that we actually have a chance at landing. We want Carey because he's a very specific kind of combo guard, someone that can play PG but also play SG, attack the rim, score and shoot. We'll need a guard to replace what Tyus Battle gives us but who's also capable of manning the PG position (if Frank Howard flames out this year and HW isn't ready). I don't think players like Ayala and Muhammad necessarily have those same skills or the athleticism of Carey. From reading others' posts on here, it sounds like getting Jalen Lecque to reclassify to 2018 is our backup plan if we don't get Carey.

I don't know if I agree with that philosophy (espoused by some on here) to just simply take the first PG that commits--unless there are comparable guys available that we actually have a chance at landing. We want Carey because he's a very specific kind of combo guard, someone that can play PG but also play SG, attack the rim, score and shoot. We'll need a guard to replace what Tyus Battle gives us but who's also capable of manning the PG position (if Frank Howard flames out this year and HW isn't ready). I don't think players like Ayala and Muhammad necessarily have those same skills or the athleticism of Carey. From reading others' posts on here, it sounds like getting Jalen Lecque to reclassify to 2018 is our backup plan if we don't get Carey.
Again you are relying on one player, and what if he doesn't commit here, then we are rushing around trying to find someone who may help.